GREATEST WRESTLER

PUMMELKING

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as eric collins not being as good as some of the other guys from red bank there are some statistics that i would challenge anyones career with.first he was like 185-4 in high school each loss to a state champion he beat alot of great wrestlers and made it look easy.here is the part that will be hard to match eric collins was undefeated from kindergarden through eighth grade.so tell me how many guys lose 4 matches in 13 years.i have been involved in coaching many great wrestlers ward,manson,leen,lane ,jamesyost,fuller,mcrosky,roberson,d.johnson to name a few and eric collins was as good as anyone that i have ever coached.i am not saying that he could have beaten them all but he was capable of beating anyone at any time.

Bradley- Quinn Gibson and Matt Keller. Keller gets the edge and wins by record and college career but in high school Gibson was as dominate as anyone. Both took the mat mat with bad intentions. I wouldn't hesitate to take either on my side in a wrestling match or a fist fight. However, it would be hard to argue against Rusty Blackmon either.

as far as eric collins not being as good as some of the other guys from red bank there are some statistics that i would challenge anyones career with.first he was like 185-4 in high school each loss to a state champion he beat alot of great wrestlers and made it look easy.here is the part that will be hard to match eric collins was undefeated from kindergarden through eighth grade.so tell me how many guys lose 4 matches in 13 years.i have been involved in coaching many great wrestlers ward,manson,leen,lane ,jamesyost,fuller,mcrosky,roberson,d.johnson to name a few and eric collins was as good as anyone that i have ever coached.i am not saying that he could have beaten them all but he was capable of beating anyone at any time.

Eric was very good, but could not stay with J.T. Hagen . J.T. was too quick. they wrestled when both were seniors .. JT beat three state champs that year .. and Eric could have wrestled a smarter match against Zac Dailey who beat him pretty soundly in '98 and both were defending champs.

they were 30 pounds apart as seniors but Faires was tough and mean . he would have beaten Eric.

Faires was 3x Southern at UTC and lost only once in high school and college and I found only one loss in grade school and junior high in the YMCA program but he could have lost a couple more.

Eric's numbers are great but kids in the 60s didn't have the same opportunities to wrestle 50 matches a year ..

John Farr was really, really good. I believe he lost once in high school 2x city prep and 3x state and one Southern at UC

b.b.b.

I may be biased, but i must submit My brothers - 1st my youngest and also one of the great one's as far as %'s... Jacky Blosser and middle brother from Hixson, Mike Blosser in his senior year. Not many has quite dominated like they did. David Vance certainly was one, Johnny Lennon another, as was Matt Sweeton, but folks like Coach Gordan Connell and Steve Logston will remember these red heads... Like Mike to pin all the way through district, region and state with the exception of a 18-1 victory in region was something. Again, it wasn't even the undefeated season as it was Mike's dominance. Coach Connell will remember his first year at McCallie when visiting Hixson was close in a dual with 1000+ fans and Mike bumped up from 165 to 185 to threw state champ Anthony Shrader all over the mat and even into the stands to major him 11-1. Which led to a major victory over the Big Blue, :|