Sullivan South Rebels 2010

compusatman

Just curious if anyone has any news from the first few days of

Spring practice? Any surprises???

I heard they didn't practice Monday because of the field conditions. Coach Weston is not back. Maybe that is not a surprise...I want to see who emerges as the back-up QB, who fills in the O-line with Solt and Hyder and who our two new coaches will be . Any ideas or thoughts on these anyone?

The boy's are looking pretty good....I've been there everyday..to me they don't look like they have missed a beat.As far as the line it looks to me like CJ Morelock,Hyder,Solt Wilkerson,Culberson,and Chappel have been looking the best so far. Alex and Jake both have had their moments and the running game want miss a lick.And I asked some of the boy's about Weston and they seem to think he will be back when school starts back....And for Sam he's doing a great job...and Hunter is doing a great job with the offense BLACKJACK.........And the defense is looking pretty strong as well.....I believe the REBELS will be pretty good. :D

Just curious if anyone has any news from the first few days of

Spring practice? Any surprises???

I heard they didn't practice Monday because of the field conditions. Coach Weston is not back. Maybe that is not a surprise...I want to see who emerges as the back-up QB, who fills in the O-line with Solt and Hyder and who our two new coaches will be . Any ideas or thoughts on these anyone?

The boy's are looking pretty good....I've been there everyday..to me they don't look like they have missed a beat.As far as the line it looks to me like CJ Morelock,Hyder,Solt Wilkerson,Culberson,and Chappel have been looking the best so far. Alex and Jake both have had their moments and the running game want miss a lick.And I asked some of the boy's about Weston and they seem to think he will be back when school starts back....And for Sam he's doing a great job...and Hunter is doing a great job with the offense BLACKJACK.........And the defense is looking pretty strong as well.....I believe the REBELS will be pretty good. :lol:

Thanks for the practice report Red. I thought our running game would be in good shape. Any word on new coaches?

Hey Rebels, 2 goals for this season: 1) play more than 10.... 2) win the last one :lol:

Hunter Jordan is Alex Rogers only hope. Alex Rogers is not a go getter...but he can sling the ball. Many don't like his attitude. But I feel he is the percentage choice. Maturity is what is in his way. Jake Weaver has the athleticism but can he transition to Field General? Only time will tell. I would think Haney would choose Weaver and Jordan would choose Rogers. And time is something we don't have. So, personally I would choose Mitchell Crowe. That might be a compromise but it would be one with some perks. Speed and inteligence come to mind. And last but not least...JJ. Hey, it might be just what the Doctor ordered. Might be a little Tebow. So I present my 4 picks for back up QB. I may rearrange my order of preference by the end of spring practice. And from my 4 picks let us hear some elaboration on the subject. RRN, this is not stepping on your toes so you should have an honest opinion. Let's hear it.

I don't rememeber anbody inviting Jack in for supper do yall? Now that you are here Jack you might as well swallow what you bit off...'cause you know we ain't had much problem finding a good QB for quite a bit now. Meanwhile it seems that, on the other hand, yall might be the ones that could use some assistance. Yeah, I know Quarterbackin' ain't yall's main dish lately. And with your new fangled Georgia Tech offense and all...well...I guess yall just figure your RB's just gonna take care of it all. So's you really won't be needin' a QB anyway will you. Besides the fact that you ain't got one. Oops...I'm sorry...I didn't mean to be rude. Why I'm sure yall have a fine QB. Mighty fine indeed...I'm sure. Now what was his name?

I don't rememeber anbody inviting Jack in for supper do yall? Now that you are here Jack you might as well swallow what you bit off...'cause you know we ain't had much problem finding a good QB for quite a bit now. Meanwhile it seems that, on the other hand, yall might be the ones that could use some assistance. Yeah, I know Quarterbackin' ain't yall's main dish lately. And with your new fangled Georgia Tech offense and all...well...I guess yall just figure your RB's just gonna take care of it all. So's you really won't be needin' a QB anyway will you. Besides the fact that you ain't got one. Oops...I'm sorry...I didn't mean to be rude. Why I'm sure yall have a fine QB. Mighty fine indeed...I'm sure. Now what was his name?

Well I only get to see South play when their getting the DB beat down, so I've never seen one of these "good QB's" that you speak of. And you should know if I ever come to supper I'll bring a box lunch. I don't enjoy Crow as much as you Southers do. :lol:

Any news about South-Betsy scrimmage

South looked OK. Looks like they had fun and just about everybody got playing time. Even my relative got lots, finally.

To be expected, some QB/reciever timing problems, some Dback breakdowns, some silly mistakes. Betsy looked more fired up and played really well. Don't know the score, but it looked really close.

Betsy looked good. South looked fair. 4 to 3 South with one called back for South. QB/WR timing always takes it to the wire. All the way up to Jamboree. Biggest thing I saw and hardest to believe is Hayden, who normally goes for the throat on the deep ball was underthrowing his recievers. Wagner and Crowe always had 3 steps deep on their men but had to come back for the ball. These two have breakaway speed and can be consistant deep ball threats. Hayden needs to trust them. The secondary is in poor shape. But that should be expected at this point. They had moments of greatness but as everyone knows it's the hardest position on the field. Especially the corners. This will take time. South's D front 4 are monsters. If Haynie gets these Hogs in shape, they will be relentless. The running game was fair but traditional. I did not see any cutbacks when the hole was closed. No one thinking out of the box. Betsy dropped 20 balls. And to open recievers. They killed themselves. QB was overthrowing every ball. Their RB's are relatively elusive. And fairly quick. Their RB's open field speed was superior. But they did not utilyze them. They threw the ball. Both teams tried to work on what needed work. That's what you do in a scrimmage. Overall, pretty impressive for the first spring scrimmage. I've been critical but I was impressed. For Betsy, they have a strong backfield. For South, they have (once again) a potent air force. Castle did show fire and I would expect him to break out. Long time coming. Just needs some proven technique. He will be fun to watch in the fall. Mitchell Crowe is going to be a bright spot in this offense. This group of seniors are powerful and talented throughout. I see another South contender.