Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

I believe that!

Does TH have the speed this year that they have had the last couple of years? It doesn't seem to me they are as fast (overall team) this year.

Gammon, Fersner, Delayney, Howard, Kreis, Rowell, and Young. All 7 backs can run the ball. Now, the first 4 names have some speed compared to the last 3. Young and Kriess didn't play RB till this season, and I'm impressed with how they play for not much experience

As I see it, the best running back next year is going to be a sophomore. I know of one kid that has "some" discipline issues. He has "talked" of going to other schools. He's a good kid, I hope he follows the strong discipline that is on the way and MUCH NEEDED in my opinion not just for him, but the whole team. If he goes, I wish him well, but staying would be in his best interest, especially if he has any aspirations of playing college ball. And all the strong defensive players are graduating. Not to say there is not some good ones left. No one in my opinion coming up can't easily be replaced.

Just my overview and opinion of what is going on with the Science Hill football program.

Looks like the lessor stayed and the best gave it up. Is this true? I would think that not a ringing endorsement for the new coaching regime, if so. A basketball culture presents problems when trying to build a football dynasty perhaps.

crawdad . . . Are you referring to the 2010 season? Our #1 back this season (2010) is #23 Mitchell, for sure. He has matured and running the ball with a lot more determination and strength. Now our #2 running back is probably sophmore #2 Stephens he is a very special back. Junior running back Adams is a good back too.

I haven't heard of anyone quitting. I'll have to check on that.

Edited by The Hill

crawdad . . . Are you referring to the 2010 season? Our #1 back this season (2010) is #23 Mitchell, for sure. He has matured and running the ball with a lot more determination and strength. Now our #2 running back is probably #2 Stevens he is a very special back.

I haven't heard of anyone quitting. I'll have to check on that.

That's why I asked Hill. I figured I followed the Toppers close enough to know who ||||||| was referring to. I would consider the one I'm asking about to be the best overall athlete at Science Hill. And yes I know who the #1 RB is on the depth chart. I was reading between the lines there also. Maybe I'm way off base.

THSVIKING11 . . . Your best running back LAST year, I forgot his name. Did he go play college anywhere?

Well, we had Keenan Sheppard (RB) and Bradley Tallman(FB)

Keenan, No he did not go anywhere to play ball. He said he will try to walk on somewhere, but I am unsure of where.

Tallman, is a "perfered walkon" with Virginia Tech, and will redshirt this season

IM4DB, let's talk. I put you, toss, and that other guy on my ignore list. Simply because your posts were getting on my verves. I was getting tired of sifting through all you guys BS in order to find something decent to read. I do see that you are a devout fan. And I do see that you are a bit knowledgeable. But I just couldn't read all that junk any longer. Here's what I believe. DB is the only school locally that the scouts pay any attention to...and for good reason. If a county school has a 6'3" 265lb defensive tackle who is fast agile and a 3 year All State athlete versus a DB DT that is 6'3" 265lb. who is fast and agile and a 3 year All State athelete then the DB DT is going to get the attention. We know this. We also know why. OK let's put it a bit differently. Let's say the county school has a 6'8" 285lb DT that is fast agile and a 3 year All State athlete versus the 6'3" guy from before at DB. The DB guy still gets the attention from colleges. We understand that DB's tradition buys that guaranteed attention. That tradition was not built overnight. A college coach doesn't want to brag about his All SEC DT from Bumkinville High he wants to be able to say his All SEC DT came from Kingsport Dobyns Bennett the winningest high school program in Tennessee. They always produce athletes up there.

If a scout recruited the DT from Bumkinville instead of from the school with notariety then the coach would fire him. He would be an idiot. Common sense doesn't always rule here. Tradition does. Because tradition has proven that over time it produces the best long term results. We all know this. We know that 90% percent of the time DB is superior to anything we can field. You can look at us like you view a team. You have the ones, the twos, the scout team and the Frosh. Well, in the large picture, we see DB as the ones. And we see ourselves as the twos and the scout team. Every now and again we have that special athlete that is as good if not better than anything DB has and we worship them and ride them as long as we can. But, if you look at it as a team concept then you will understand our plight. We may be the twos and the scout team but we are not quitters. No we hang tough. We may not be as fast as the ones or as strong as the ones but we fight till the finish. And we take pride in our abilities. Because we believe in the team concept. And yes, we live to be able to say we bested you just like at practice a two will try so hard sometimes that he actually wins a starting job over a 1. It doesn't happen everyday. But it does happen. And when it does we relish that moment. But that is just it...we know it is a moment. But you and the steriotypical DB mentality are not happy until they crush even our will to compete. And then you feel real strong when you spout that we have never be on your level and that we never will. Then you belittle us for even trying. It is this condecinding attitude that causes our rebellion. I suggest that instead you (plural) treat us with respect. And empower us in our minute (in your view) undertaking. Instead to treat us as some junkyard hound. You might find that instead of getting a knife in your back you might get a salute and a handshake. We understand that you would throw down in a New York second. We don't doubt your fierceness. But relax. Lose the screaming (locked caps). Smoke the pipe with us. And be a sensible fan. And when it's time to fire someone up...then By The Gods! Otherwise, chill and find your place here.

Comp you posted this in another thread:

It's OK. I found out who he was. No biggie. Sometimes I take life a bit too seriously. I think he is way beyond that. It's all for the kids ya know? No need to make it harder on them than it already is.

It's an internet message board relax and have a little fun. Also, the fact that you see your team as a second team db team is sad and depressing. You are better than that and until you see that DB will always own you. Yes, speed is hugh on a football field but heart, toughness and controling the line of scrimmage will win you alot of games. No one has ever accused you guys of being quitters but there has been alot of games lost way before the ball is snapped.

Comp you posted this in another thread:

It's OK. I found out who he was. No biggie. Sometimes I take life a bit too seriously. I think he is way beyond that. It's all for the kids ya know? No need to make it harder on them than it already is.

It's an internet message board relax and have a little fun. Also, the fact that you see your team as a second team db team is sad and depressing. You are better than that and until you see that DB will always own you. Yes, speed is hugh on a football field but heart, toughness and controling the line of scrimmage will win you alot of games. No one has ever accused you guys of being quitters but there has been alot of games lost way before the ball is snapped.

Compusatman,This is what you wrote about that carolinaman4db and he copyed it,i think its him he just changed his name.Hes trying to make people look like a fool,im done with him,its got to be that guy trying to start mess and i fell for it.But nomore.i just thought you might want to see this :thumb:

READ THIS I ADDED SOME STUFF

IM4DB, let's talk. I put you, toss, and that other guy on my ignore list. Simply because your posts were getting on my verves. I was getting tired of sifting through all you guys BS in order to find something decent to read. I do see that you are a devout fan. And I do see that you are a bit knowledgeable. But I just couldn't read all that junk any longer.Now how you going to tell me BIG DOG,you and WACO do the same thang.Your telling me to do something you dont do yourself.And theres alot more on here from you like that,Saying DRAG QUEENS,No you need to relax. Lose the the name calling. And be a sensible fan. And when it's time to fire someone up...then By all means!Have at it, chill and find your place here.

I voted for Obama. No regrets. And I would vote for Tyra Banks also.

You regret it.....you just don't know it yet.

Oh yeah, who did you push...the Bush? I always thought you were left handed.

I always thought that you were limp wristed.

Must be because you are hemp twisted. That's what happens when your dog is a Push-me-pull-you.

Now what were you saying about B.S,LOL, Looks like everybody has a nasty mouth?? :thumb:

READ THIS I ADDED SOME STUFF

IM4DB, let's talk. I put you, toss, and that other guy on my ignore list. Simply because your posts were getting on my verves. I was getting tired of sifting through all you guys BS in order to find something decent to read. I do see that you are a devout fan. And I do see that you are a bit knowledgeable. But I just couldn't read all that junk any longer.Now how you going to tell me BIG DOG,you and WACO do the same thang.Your telling me to do something you dont do yourself.And theres alot more on here from you like that,Saying DRAG QUEENS,No you need to relax. Lose the the name calling. And be a sensible fan. And when it's time to fire someone up...then By all means!Have at it, chill and find your place here.

I voted for Obama. No regrets. And I would vote for Tyra Banks also.

You regret it.....you just don't know it yet.

Oh yeah, who did you push...the Bush? I always thought you were left handed.

I always thought that you were limp wristed.

Must be because you are hemp twisted. That's what happens when your dog is a Push-me-pull-you.

Now what were you saying about B.S,LOL, Looks like everybody has a nasty mouth?? :thumb:

the obama thing is what you said to waco