Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

If you and IM4DB keep jabbing at each other I wouldn't be suprised if the mods run both of you off. :unsure:

RIGHT,Ill be the bigger man,Im just going to talk football,Im getting bored with Toss anyway.HALF of what he says sounds made up anyway,Plus everybody has a right to state how they feel,NO MATTER HOW DUMB IT MAY SOUND!! :thumb: One more wk then we get to see whos full of it and who aint.

RIGHT,Ill be the bigger man,Im just going to talk football,Im getting bored with Toss anyway.HALF of what he says sounds made up anyway,Plus everybody has a right to state how they feel,NO MATTER HOW DUMB IT MAY SOUND!! :thumb: One more wk then we get to see whos full of it and who aint.

IM4DB, let's talk. I put you, toss, and that other guy on my ignore list. Simply because your posts were getting on my verves. I was getting tired of sifting through all you guys BS in order to find something decent to read. I do see that you are a devout fan. And I do see that you are a bit knowledgeable. But I just couldn't read all that junk any longer. Here's what I believe. DB is the only school locally that the scouts pay any attention to...and for good reason. If a county school has a 6'3" 265lb defensive tackle who is fast agile and a 3 year All State athlete versus a DB DT that is 6'3" 265lb. who is fast and agile and a 3 year All State athelete then the DB DT is going to get the attention. We know this. We also know why. OK let's put it a bit differently. Let's say the county school has a 6'8" 285lb DT that is fast agile and a 3 year All State athlete versus the 6'3" guy from before at DB. The DB guy still gets the attention from colleges. We understand that DB's tradition buys that guaranteed attention. That tradition was not built overnight. A college coach doesn't want to brag about his All SEC DT from Bumkinville High he wants to be able to say his All SEC DT came from Kingsport Dobyns Bennett the winningest high school program in Tennessee. They always produce athletes up there.

If a scout recruited the DT from Bumkinville instead of from the school with notariety then the coach would fire him. He would be an idiot. Common sense doesn't always rule here. Tradition does. Because tradition has proven that over time it produces the best long term results. We all know this. We know that 90% percent of the time DB is superior to anything we can field. You can look at us like you view a team. You have the ones, the twos, the scout team and the Frosh. Well, in the large picture, we see DB as the ones. And we see ourselves as the twos and the scout team. Every now and again we have that special athlete that is as good if not better than anything DB has and we worship them and ride them as long as we can. But, if you look at it as a team concept then you will understand our plight. We may be the twos and the scout team but we are not quitters. No we hang tough. We may not be as fast as the ones or as strong as the ones but we fight till the finish. And we take pride in our abilities. Because we believe in the team concept. And yes, we live to be able to say we bested you just like at practice a two will try so hard sometimes that he actually wins a starting job over a 1. It doesn't happen everyday. But it does happen. And when it does we relish that moment. But that is just it...we know it is a moment. But you and the steriotypical DB mentality are not happy until they crush even our will to compete. And then you feel real strong when you spout that we have never be on your level and that we never will. Then you belittle us for even trying. It is this condecinding attitude that causes our rebellion. I suggest that instead you (plural) treat us with respect. And empower us in our minute (in your view) undertaking. Instead to treat us as some junkyard hound. You might find that instead of getting a knife in your back you might get a salute and a handshake. We understand that you would throw down in a New York second. We don't doubt your fierceness. But relax. Lose the screaming (locked caps). Smoke the pipe with us. And be a sensible fan. And when it's time to fire someone up...then By The Gods! Otherwise, chill and find your place here.

Well,Compusatman i agree with some of what you said.But some was a lttle off.I have friends that live in Bristol and Bluff City and they feel that same way about South as you do to D-B.Alot of them tells how yall use to come down acting just like you say D-B fans acted.Talking and acting like your better than them.They say out of all the Sullivan County schools,you get the run off from the City of Kingsport.So you got people looking at you like you look at D-B.Does that make them wrong.The whole talent thing has to do with who you play against.Yall played in a not so strong conf.Before last yr.Yall and Tenn High ran it.Besty had bad yrs.So when scouts look at that it makes it harder for some kids to prove there self.Nothing against Erwin,Johnson County,East and the other Schools that where in it.They want that strong.Then you had D-B going up around knoxville and Oak Ridge playing some pretty good teams,Better than what yall where playing and winning who would you have looked at?Then the one time yall had a chance to show how good you where, you would get blowed out.Somebody going 21-25 with 300 yds 4TD's vs East ,And then going 11-27 with 113 yds and 1 TD and 4 pics vs D-B or a better team, makes them look bad.Its some of the kids but alot of the coaching.To get your kids more looks get better non conf. OPP?I understand what your saying but you got to see where D-B people are,to Shut them up after all the talking you have to do it on the field.Prove your better.Tell the truth,if you beat Tenn High or Even D-B you telling me you wouldnt do what D-B does.Like i said people in some places say yall already do.Aint that what you call painting the kettle black?

Well,Compusatman i agree with some of what you said.But some was a lttle off.I have friends that live in Bristol and Bluff City and they feel that same way about South as you do to D-B.Alot of them tells how yall use to come down acting just like you say D-B fans acted.Talking and acting like your better than them.They say out of all the Sullivan County schools,you get the run off from the City of Kingsport.So you got people looking at you like you look at D-B.Does that make them wrong.The whole talent thing has to do with who you play against.Yall played in a not so strong conf.Before last yr.Yall and Tenn High ran it.Besty had bad yrs.So when scouts look at that it makes it harder for some kids to prove there self.Nothing against Erwin,Johnson County,East and the other Schools that where in it.They want that strong.Then you had D-B going up around knoxville and Oak Ridge playing some pretty good teams,Better than what yall where playing and winning who would you have looked at?Then the one time yall had a chance to show how good you where, you would get blowed out.Somebody going 21-25 with 300 yds 4TD's vs East ,And then going 11-27 with 113 yds and 1 TD and 4 pics vs D-B or a better team, makes them look bad.Its some of the kids but alot of the coaching.To get your kids more looks get better non conf. OPP?I understand what your saying but you got to see where D-B people are,to Shut them up after all the talking you have to do it on the field.Prove your better.Tell the truth,if you beat Tenn High or Even D-B you telling me you wouldnt do what D-B does.Like i said people in some places say yall already do.Aint that what you call painting the kettle black?

What you say is all true. At least you are giving me the respect of speaking to me in a civil manner. I had this confrontation with Cap many moons ago. We could coach the same team now and it wouldn't matter who coached the O or the D. Because we both know juice when we see it and we both love bump and run (phylosophically speaking as well). I have respect for DB and all it stands for and want nothing more than for them to take it all the way. But I will never back down from Jack even though he wins most of the time. I'm not a quitter. Hey, I love the trash as much as you. You have to learn to be street savvy right? Thanks for the response. Oh, and one more thing...has Jack taken you to the K Mart parking lot yet?B)

What you say is all true. At least you are giving me the respect of speaking to me in a civil manner. I had this confrontation with Cap many moons ago. We could coach the same team now and it wouldn't matter who coached the O or the D. Because we both know juice when we see it and we both love bump and run (phylosophically speaking as well). I have respect for DB and all it stands for and want nothing more than for them to take it all the way. But I will never back down from Jack even though he wins most of the time. I'm not a quitter. Hey, I love the trash as much as you. You have to learn to be street savvy right? Thanks for the response. Oh, and one more thing...has Jack taken you to the K Mart parking lot yet?B)

i guess i dont get that one!,and it was nothing with anyone else but i just finished what the others started with me,i guess i could have been the bigger man sooner

Okay, I'm tired of reading all this random stuff that dosn't have to do with a team!!!!!

Did anybody go to the Tenn. High vs Powell Valley scrimmage last night?

Tennessee High looked pretty good in my eyes, but PV ran a horrible offense. Could not move the ball. The basically ran it up the middle or off the egde every other play

Okay, I'm tired of reading all this random stuff that dosn't have to do with a team!!!!!

Tennessee High looked pretty good in my eyes, but PV ran a horrible offense. Could not move the ball. The basically ran it up the middle or off the egde every other play

Why on earth would Stubby and crew be scrimmaging Powell Valley anyway? They start the season with 3 scrimmages to work the kinks out. Is there any way East, Crockett, or Va. Hi can even play them to 3TDs,THSVIKE11? Coach Stubbs must be bored or they've run out of coaching points.

How is Howard looking this yr?

Why on earth would Stubby and crew be scrimmaging Powell Valley anyway? They start the season with 3 scrimmages to work the kinks out. Is there any way East, Crockett, or Va. Hi can even play them to 3TDs,THSVIKE11? Coach Stubbs must be bored or they've run out of coaching points.

I honestly think it's stupid for those 2 to be scrimmaging each other. The other 3 sctrimmages can help out Tenn High, because the other teams are faster and stonger.

And Howard looked great in the scrimmage. Had a few nice runs, one for a loonnnggg TD, and another for a decent gain. The Snyder/Downs connection this season will be BIG!

It looks like they'll have some speed in the backfield. Howard and Fersner are fast. When Gammon heals up he'll add some speed as well. The passing game needs some work. The line need to protect the qb better because he's been on the ground a few too many times. Of course that may change when all the starters remain in the game. I think the defensive line will be good once the season starts. Quinn was a proven player at Maryville and with Downs and possibly Crowder there as well, they shouldn't be too bad. Receivers need to hold on to the ball. Rutherford will have a lot of touchbacks this year and will hopefully get the Vikings 3 when they are unable to put it in the endzone.

I believe Tennessee can be pretty good this year if they can make improvements to those areas. Hopefully the first three games will give them the opportunity to fix those mistakes while they are facing easier opponents.

They've been scrimmaging Powell Valley for several years, maybe since 2003 or 2004 when Phil's son was quarterback. Back then it was worth because they were the state runners up that year.

They'll have a total of four scrimmages, excluding the jamboree.

I honestly think it's stupid for those 2 to be scrimmaging each other. The other 3 sctrimmages can help out Tenn High, because the other teams are faster and stonger.

And Howard looked great in the scrimmage. Had a few nice runs, one for a loonnnggg TD, and another for a decent gain. The Snyder/Downs connection this season will be BIG!

I believe that!

Does TH have the speed this year that they have had the last couple of years? It doesn't seem to me they are as fast (overall team) this year.

Edited by The Hill