Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

:thumb:

Oh sh... they must have let the special ed class back on the computers over there at DB. :roflol: Ignore him and maybe he'll realize he's now made himself invisible on these boards with these juvenile posts.

Remeber JERRY you started this,Calling me MINI ME :thumb: .Dont be like TOSS and dish it out but aint man enough to take it!!You called me out ,so like i told TOSS trust me son you dont want none.If you want to talk football thats cool,I tryed to do that at first but some of you big mouths wanted to get loose at it.I've got a NORTH CAROLINA Education,it might not be the best but i know its better than yours.Give me anything and will talk if its true but dont be making crap up its just lame and makes you look dumb.its up to you my other little buddy,or i can keep shotting you down :D

1st Q - Ditto

2nd Q - I felt Bristol was the stronger team. But South looked worlds better than against 'Betsy last week.

3RD Q - If it were a coat and tie affair then DB wore coveralls and workboots with grassstain on them. A bit disrespectful if you ask me. I guess they don't want to waste their time...just waiting to go back to the Big East. That's OK though, we know they are setting the table.

4th Q - OK, so Stacy showed off...what's new.

The highlight of the whole affair in my view was Taylor Winchell. For those that are football knowledgeable and not just loud and ireverent, he is by far the best QB in NET so far as what I have seen (I haven't seen MoWest or MoEast). His release was lightning quick and his velosity was like Curt Phillips. His accuracy was like Brad Davenport and his presence in the pocket (what pocket) was very good. With the right WR's he would resemble Duran Ferguson. He just doesn't have any recievers let alone anything else. This guy is the real deal. To bad he is wasted. A good scout will notice him regardless.

I hope there were no injuries. Good luck to everyone next week representing NET.

IMO If they want all of the coaches to comply with a certain standard for the jamboree they should come up with a mutual set of rules to govern. And if they want to make it more competitive, make it to where the schools stand to gain something for actually playing for the short time they are out there. By the way… who do the proceeds from the jamboree go to (gate, concessions, and parking when you’re at South)? Comp what year is this Winchell kid?

Edited by Cap1

IMO If they want all of the coaches to comply with a certain standard for the jamboree they should come up with a mutual set of rules to govern. And if they want to make it more competitive, make it to where the schools stand to gain something for actually playing for the short time they are out there. By the way… how do the proceeds from the jamboree go to (gate, concessions, and parking when you’re at South)? Comp what year is this Winchell kid?

i agree Cap, they need to do it on a saturday make it a all day thing.Make it 2Q instead of one.

IMO If they want all of the coaches to comply with a certain standard for the jamboree they should come up with a mutual set of rules to govern. And if they want to make it more competitive, make it to where the schools stand to gain something for actually playing for the short time they are out there. By the way… how do the proceeds from the jamboree go to (gate, concessions, and parking when you’re at South)? Comp what year is this Winchell kid?

I'm pretty sure the gate receipts go to South for use of the facility. Concessions on the home side go to the South band, on the visitors side to the South athletic booster club, and if any money was collected for parking I am not aware of it for the jamboree. That would be private venture if that guy at the driving range is selling parking. I don't know why the event has been held at South for many years now, unless it would be more centrally located and less traffic in and out, not being in the city.

Taylor Winchell is a fine young man from a great family. His dad was on coaching staff at Central. I don't know if that is still the case since Coach Fox got the job. Taylor is a Sr.

Sorry to jump in Cap. Always good to have you on these boards. You lend some balance to the egotistical chest thumping and contribute some solid insight to the games of football and basketball.

:thumb:

Remeber JERRY you started this,Calling me MINI ME :thumb: .Dont be like TOSS and dish it out but aint man enough to take it!!You called me out ,so like i told TOSS trust me son you dont want none.If you want to talk football thats cool,I tryed to do that at first but some of you big mouths wanted to get loose at it.I've got a NORTH CAROLINA Education,it might not be the best but i know its better than yours.Give me anything and will talk if its true but dont be making crap up its just lame and makes you look dumb.its up to you my other little buddy,or i can keep shotting you down :D

You say you want to talk football? Ok…. I’m game. Which one of the talented backs DB has do you think will get the workload this year?

OK so now we have a topic worth discussing. IM4DB in the post after you had a common sense suggestion. To make it on Saturday and make it a 2 Q affair. I don't necessarily agree with that but it is a consideration. Yes, you are correct there needs to be a set of parameters and guidlines in order to make it standardized. Maybe it should be free. Maybe there should be some other form of entertainment. If a weekend ordeal as IM4DB suggests then maybe the band could be included or possibly the cheerleaders. Jack will say just to eliminate it but if the coaches could see a positive in it then the fans would come. I think if GC were in the Big East then he would enjoy the Jamboree. It's just his way of showing disdain for his new classification. I don't blame him for not liking his situation but at least participate. Anyway, I don't know how the funds are allocated. VolMan would know. But he is absent lately. But in regards to funds, there are only three or four venues that can put on this program. So yes, the money would have to be shared. Taylor Winchell is a Senior. Yeah, what a waste. Did you pay attention to this kids technique? Incredible.

I'm pretty sure the gate receipts go to South for use of the facility. Concessions on the home side go to the South band, on the visitors side to the South athletic booster club, and if any money was collected for parking I am not aware of it for the jamboree. That would be private venture if that guy at the driving range is selling parking. I don't know why the event has been held at South for many years now, unless it would be more centrally located and less traffic in and out, not being in the city.

Taylor Winchell is a fine young man from a great family. His dad was on coaching staff at Central. I don't know if that is still the case since Coach Fox got the job. Taylor is a Sr.

Sorry to jump in Cap. Always good to have you on these boards. You lend some balance to the egotistical chest thumping and contribute some solid insight to the games of football and basketball.

Thanks for the positive words Crawdad. Is Taylor the kid that broke his arm in the jamboree a year or two ago?

I think this is what Cap is trying to say.

Cutoffs are as follows per TSSAA:

1A - 389 census

2A - 519 census

3A - 786 census

4A - 1065 census

5A - 1459 census

6A - 1460+ census

Science Hill - 2158

DB - 1942

Daniel Boone - 1407

David Crockett - 1346

Tennessee High - 1342

Volunteer - 1249

Sullivan South - 1094

Sullivan Central - 1069

For those that are interested in numbers.

PS...

North - 638

Elizabethton - 761

Greeneville - 892

Thought you might find this interesting Comp: current numbers for this school year for Central:1111, South only 1014. TSSAA can only make us play D-B 3 more years before we go 4A. That is unless the Kingsport plan is to take us and keep the numbers pumped up enough to ensure a local whipping boy. <_<

Edited by crawdad

OK so now we have a topic worth discussing. IM4DB in the post after you had a common sense suggestion. To make it on Saturday and make it a 2 Q affair. I don't necessarily agree with that but it is a consideration. Yes, you are correct there needs to be a set of parameters and guidlines in order to make it standardized. Maybe it should be free. Maybe there should be some other form of entertainment. If a weekend ordeal as IM4DB suggests then maybe the band could be included or possibly the cheerleaders. Jack will say just to eliminate it but if the coaches could see a positive in it then the fans would come. I think if GC were in the Big East then he would enjoy the Jamboree. It's just his way of showing disdain for his new classification. I don't blame him for not liking his situation but at least participate. Anyway, I don't know how the funds are allocated. VolMan would know. But he is absent lately. But in regards to funds, there are only three or four venues that can put on this program. So yes, the money would have to be shared. Taylor Winchell is a Senior. Yeah, what a waste. Did you pay attention to this kids technique? Incredible.

I love anything football but the fact of the matter is there are two sides of the fence. You have the fans that love it and have nothing to lose then you have the coaches that hate it and have everything to lose. Imagine if Downs would of taken out south's quarterback last night. It is not worth it.

I didn't go. I promised myself that I wouldn't put myself through the pain of watching coach Stubbs sandbag another year after the boys graduated. I understand what he’s doing… I just don’t like to watch. How did the THS QB look? How did Mitchell from SH look? I heard he won the fastest back. And last but not least… does any of the DB back have the juice or are they just athletic and fast? You know what I mean. :popcorneater: