Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

Are tight ends, considered linemen? Anyway, Brendan Downs from Tennessee High ran away with the linemen race. Ryan Mitchell of Science Hill won the running backs race. I think the Sullivan Central QB won the longest throw. Tennessee High kicker won the longest kick. And so on and so forth.

*Hard to tell who is dogging it and who was giving it their best effort. The scores may not be exactly correct.

(1st Q) Boone vs. Crockett - Either Boone looked worse than I thought or Crockett looked better than I thought. Or both. Neither one looked impressive. 7-0 Boone

(2nd Q) Tenn. High vs. South - Overall I thought South looked pretty good. Both teams need to tackle better. 14-7 South

(3rd Q) D-B vs. Volunteer - Volunteer is much improved, but D-B has way to much speed for VHS. I got the feeling D-B was dogging it a little. 9-7 D-B

(4th Q) Central vs. Science Hill - Lightning storm rolled in and cut the 4th quarter in half. Again - way to much speed for Central. 21-0 SH

Are tight ends, considered linemen? Anyway, Brendan Downs from Tennessee High ran away with the linemen race. Ryan Mitchell of Science Hill won the running backs race. I think the Sullivan Central QB won the longest throw. Tennessee High kicker won the longest kick. And so on and so forth.

*Hard to tell who is dogging it and who was giving it their best effort. The scores may not be exactly correct.

(1st Q) Boone vs. Crockett - Either Boone looked worse than I thought or Crockett looked better than I thought. Or both. Neither one looked impressive. 7-0 Boone

(2nd Q) Tenn. High vs. South - Overall I thought South looked pretty good. Both teams need to tackle better. 14-7 South

(3rd Q) D-B vs. Volunteer - Volunteer is much improved, but D-B has way to much speed for VHS. I got the feeling D-B was dogging it a little. 9-7 D-B

(4th Q) Central vs. Science Hill - Lightning storm rolled in and cut the 4th quarter in half. Again - way to much speed for Central. 21-0 SH

What about boone didn't look good to you? They took the opening drive straight down the field and scored a touchdown. Crockett gets one first down and has to "punt". Boone takes over and is driving for another score when time ran out.

The vikes look very bad in the secondary. no depth as well.

DB vs volunteer was a waste of time

same for science hill and blountville middle school

What about boone didn't look good to you? They took the opening drive straight down the field and scored a touchdown. Crockett gets one first down and has to "punt". Boone takes over and is driving for another score when time ran out.

The vikes look very bad in the secondary. no depth as well.

DB vs volunteer was a waste of time

same for science hill and blountville middle school

Well IMO . . . I was expecting Boone to look sharper (particularly in the passing game) and I expected to see more team speed.

(Easy) *Hard to tell who is dogging it and who was giving it their best effort. The scores may not be exactly correct.

1st Q - Ditto

2nd Q - I felt Bristol was the stronger team. But South looked worlds better than against 'Betsy last week.

3RD Q - If it were a coat and tie affair then DB wore coveralls and workboots with grassstain on them. A bit disrespectful if you ask me. I guess they don't want to waste their time...just waiting to go back to the Big East. That's OK though, we know they are setting the table.

4th Q - OK, so Stacy showed off...what's new.

The highlight of the whole affair in my view was Taylor Winchell. For those that are football knowledgeable and not just loud and ireverent, he is by far the best QB in NET so far as what I have seen (I haven't seen MoWest or MoEast). His release was lightning quick and his velosity was like Curt Phillips. His accuracy was like Brad Davenport and his presence in the pocket (what pocket) was very good. With the right WR's he would resemble Duran Ferguson. He just doesn't have any recievers let alone anything else. This guy is the real deal. To bad he is wasted. A good scout will notice him regardless.

I hope there were no injuries. Good luck to everyone next week representing NET.

1st Q - Ditto

2nd Q - I felt Bristol was the stronger team. But South looked worlds better than against 'Betsy last week.

3RD Q - If it were a coat and tie affair then DB wore coveralls and workboots with grassstain on them. A bit disrespectful if you ask me. I guess they don't want to waste their time...just waiting to go back to the Big East. That's OK though, we know they are setting the table.

4th Q - OK, so Stacy showed off...what's new.

The highlight of the whole affair in my view was Taylor Winchell. For those that are football knowledgeable and not just loud and ireverent, he is by far the best QB in NET so far as what I have seen (I haven't seen MoWest or MoEast). His release was lightning quick and his velosity was like Curt Phillips. His accuracy was like Brad Davenport and his presence in the pocket (what pocket) was very good. With the right WR's he would resemble Duran Ferguson. He just doesn't have any recievers let alone anything else. This guy is the real deal. To bad he is wasted. A good scout will notice him regardless.

I hope there were no injuries. Good luck to everyone next week representing NET.

I agree! Everybody talks about DB being a class act. I thought the same thing. They could have at least washed their underwear before they came to dinner.

well you cant tell alot from a jamboree... but ole kenny hawkins had the highlights on channel 11 and that receiver from science hill looks like trouble for the rest of the big 8... i know it was vs. the cougars but still. up next on the agenda... week 0, i'll be there will you? I hope to catch the clash between DB and Farragut and then the emotional rollercoaster that will be in Death Valley. Good luck to all teams, except when you play South. Good health to all whomever the opponent. (don't know if thats the correct usage of "whomever" but whatever the season is here i'm all jacked up!) Through all the trash talk and garbage on here sometimes, lets all not lose sight of whats important here. The health and well being of these young men is #1. Good luck to all Rebels, Indians, Hilltoppers, Vikings, Blazers, Pioneers, Falcons, and Cougars. Stay classy tri cities! :thumb:

well you cant tell alot from a jamboree... but ole kenny hawkins had the highlights on channel 11 and that receiver from science hill looks like trouble for the rest of the big 8... i know it was vs. the cougars but still. up next on the agenda... week 0, i'll be there will you? I hope to catch the clash between DB and Farragut and then the emotional rollercoaster that will be in Death Valley. Good luck to all teams, except when you play South. Good health to all whomever the opponent. (don't know if thats the correct usage of "whomever" but whatever the season is here i'm all jacked up!) Through all the trash talk and garbage on here sometimes, lets all not lose sight of whats important here. The health and well being of these young men is #1. Good luck to all Rebels, Indians, Hilltoppers, Vikings, Blazers, Pioneers, Falcons, and Cougars. Stay classy tri cities! :thumb:

He is Aaron Greene and he is very athletic and runs very good routes.

DITTO ;)

Edited by The Hill