Big 8 Region I AAA Conference Offseason

formerblazer

2004,you know the game well.I'm hoping Farragut will make us have to go" two dimensional" and we have to throw it a little more,and I don't mean 5 yarders.Seabolt can throw it and I hope we can make the better teams get back out of our face a little for the running game. I don't want them stacking the box and laying for the slants all day.If we can line up and run wild,we will never get ready for what will come in the playoffs.On the defensive side,the linemen will have to "make the play" that they are suppose to and the linebackers finish it off.If our new speed guys can learn their jobs as well behind them,then the SH game will be very interesting.SH has the best athletes that I've seen on a yearly basis and we can never be caught out of position and play with a now well coached team.

You don’t get it do you??? Let me try and draw a picture for you since you obviously can’t read between the lines. Ok…….. You have two fishermen… right. The one from THS has to fishing from the banks of Steels Creek with his tackle box and pole, while the fisherman from DB backs his bass boat into Patrick Henry Reservoir at Warriors State Park. Now… they both bring home 10 fish, but if you had to put your money on the one who brought in the best catch of the day…. and you had to do it sight unseen… which one would it be. So the point is… with almost (and maybe over by now) twice as many students to choose form, chances are DB would be able to land more of the “Big Ones†on their boat than THS. Now Bud… frame this… and put it next to your computer, so you don’t come on here soundin special the next time this subject comes up.

You don't think THS landed a big one with Crowder? Why isn't he playing for Central like his brothers did? I've only heard rumors, but you have other "fish" who should have gone to Central too, don't you? Poor Central, they would have been pretty competetive if their players had stayed loyal. DB doesn't fish for players, we get lucky every once in a while, only because we have a the best program in Sullivan County and why wouldn't they want to play for us? We keep big numbers because most kids in our system bleed maroon and grey. They love the game, they love the coaches and even if they don't get as much playing time, they are going to stay loyal.

You don't think THS landed a big one with Crowder? Why isn't he playing for Central like his brothers did? I've only heard rumors, but you have other "fish" who should have gone to Central too, don't you? Poor Central, they would have been pretty competetive if their players had stayed loyal. DB doesn't fish for players, we get lucky every once in a while, only because we have a the best program in Sullivan County and why wouldn't they want to play for us? We keep big numbers because most kids in our system bleed maroon and grey. They love the game, they love the coaches and even if they don't get as much playing time, they are going to stay loyal.

I believe some of those loyal boys are bleeding black and gold here lately.

OMG… are you kidding me??!!! :wacko: Ok……… I see a painted picture didn’t work. Do you even know why DB is classified as a 6A team? Let me give you a hint… it has nothing to do with the number of players on your team.

I don't think I have ever seen a Central fan on here except that I know Crowder Senior is here just don't know his screen name. But I would like to know if Taylor Winchell has recieved any interest from colleges? Maybe someone could allude to whether or not he is even interested in playing at the next level. His grades etc.? And why he stayed at Central. He is evidently loyal to the community. Is his Father a coach? All due respect to Coach Fox for I hear he will turn Central around but I don't recall Blountville Middle being a powerhouse anytime in recent history. I guess if DB were a recruiting school then they would have gone after him. Seabolt doesn't want to play QB anyway.

Care if I join in? OK thanks. Well fact of the matter is SC's QB Tyler Winchel should have gone to DB or THS or somewhere cause he is VERY GOOD. Unfortunately when you don't have time to throw, don't have open running lanes, and can't perform to your peak then you know what happens. Does this reflect on the SC players? NO. Cause I think they play a great individual game. It's sad but true. Now to DB .. DB is a once great (dropping towards good) program with a once great coach. But the class/culture of the KPT community has become a bit too political and now the coach suffers from the politics and has forced himself to become less of a coach (IMHO) in order to appease some. I think the classiness of DB kind of reflects one of "I'm a bit better than you, and my son is just a tiny bit better than others" mentality. If the KPT community will let ole Coach be Ole Coach then DB will return to it's Ole dominance. Or you could just keep showing up in your practice uniforms to our East Tennessee debut while the rest of us wear our shiny new game uniforms. But I did notice that some of the KPT Moms and Pops sure showed up decked out because of course you 'have just a little bit more substance and are just a little bit better' than the rest of us nearly unemployed East Tennesseans. -- Good luck to all players this year. Be safe. Predictions - South will beat KPT, Science Hill be beat KPT, TN High will beat KPT. KPT ends with 5-5 season. Boone ends with 5-5 season they lost 5 key players they will not replace, TN High ends with 7-3 season. South ends with 7-3 season. Volunteer wins more than they have in 7 years ends with 4-6 season. SC end 2-8 beating only Crocket and non conf Va High. SH beats the smelly stuff out of everyone cause they got the coaches to do it. Unfortunately without Sumo running back Crocket goes 1-9.

well gosh almighty sir I apologize for wasting your oh so precious time. Maybe u can pull ur head outta ur rectum and enlighten the rest of us

Hey Hill, check this post out. Now maybe you see what I am saying. The winds of change are coming and there is nothing they can do to stop it. There on the edge and just need a little push.

I think it just comes down to what is best for each kid and what they want.I've heard of the fishing stories and have been involved in them up here.I think it takes a lot for the boys to be loyal to Central and don't blame any kid for doing whats best for himself.I begged one of my boys to leave a Greene county school and play basketball for Greeneville or anyone years ago.He could jump out of a gym and would school the starters but wouldn't play for their coach.He still loved his school and friends and wouldn't go.Loyality was not the best choice for him and I wish he had not been.Up here it worked out perfect to be loyal to the Indians and I think every kid and family has to do whats best in each situation.

Hey Hill, check this post out. Now maybe you see what I am saying. The winds of change are coming and there is nothing they can do to stop it. There on the edge and just need a little push.

I kid with you good sir, in all actuality I'm just ready for kickoff, the beauty of the high school season is that it's all settled on the field.