• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Halftime....

Union City - 31

Lake County - 31

Lake County ended the half on a 17-6 run after Union City had taken a 25-14 lead...

UC is led in scoring by R. Gaston with 12 points followed by KJ Brooks with 8....Brooks has 3 fouls..

LC is led in scoring by P. Robertson with 14 points followed by Derek Swift with 9 points...

End of Regulation.....

Union City - 71

Lake County - 71

Union City was down 69-61 with :47 left but UC hit a couple threes and forced a big turnover with :05 seconds...R. Gaston tipped a missed shot by L. Allen at the buzzer to tie it up...

LC had opened up a 10 point lead midway thru the quarter at 60-50.....

Final in Overtime....

Union City - 75

Lake County - 84

The Falcons outscored the Tornadoes in the overtime period 13-4 to snap UC's 7 game winning streak...UC was dominated on the glass as LC got numerous second and third chance points in the paint...

Leading scorers for Lake County was Derek Swift with 20 points...Patrick Robinson had 22 points and R. Tyler had 20 points and L. Garrett had 12 points...

For Union City R. Gaston had a career high 22 points...Josh Battee had 15 points and Tyler Stewart had 13 points....

Congrats to the Falcons on a big win....Got to give credit to the Tornadoes for not giving up and coming back and getting back even at the buzzer...

The confusion at the end was that one of the refs had called a technical foul on the Falcons for slamming the ball down on the court but after a long discussion decided not to call the technical and the game went on into overtime....

UC drops to 16-9 and 10-2...LC improves to 18-9 and 9-3....

Great game between two Top 10 1A teams....

Final in Overtime....

Union City - 75

Lake County - 84

The Falcons outscored the Tornadoes in the overtime period 13-4 to snap UC's 7 game winning streak...UC was dominated on the glass as LC got numerous second and third chance points in the paint...

Leading scorers for Lake County was Derek Swift with 20 points...Patrick Robinson had 22 points and R. Tyler had 20 points and L. Garrett had 12 points...

For Union City R. Gaston had a career high 22 points...Josh Battee had 15 points and Tyler Stewart had 13 points....

Congrats to the Falcons on a big win....Got to give credit to the Tornadoes for not giving up and coming back and getting back even at the buzzer...

The confusion at the end was that one of the refs had called a technical foul on the Falcons for slamming the ball down on the court but after a long discussion decided not to call the technical and the game went on into overtime....

UC drops to 16-9 and 10-2...LC improves to 18-9 and 9-3....

Great game between two Top 10 1A teams....

Yes it was a great game once again between two District 14A teams. UC has alot of pride and never quits! Always exciting when with teams like that meet! :hungry:

Wow..What a game ..Union City has some shooters..Lake Co started the lineup that I thought they would start with the exception of Calius Hockett who started because it was senior night.Cody Taylor came off the bench and made his presence felt.Swift seems to be the real deal.Reminds me a lot of Channin Geanes,but is better under the basket..He can shoot,rebound..blocks shots.Had a slam off a rebound that was waved off that at the buzzer at the end of the first half with the officials ruling he was in the cylinder..Patrick Robertson had a terric slam but Cody Taylor put an exclamation to the game with a thunderous dunk..ESPN highlite.I've said all along that I thought Lake Co is a different team now..Just Swift and Taylor on the floor makes Lake Co a dangerous.Even if maybe the shots aren't falling..have a lot of height now and can rebound and put the ball back up and just the jumping ability..There's not going to be many teams that have as many shooters that Union City has..There may be some teams that have a couple but not going to be many teams that will be able to go down low with the ball..Someone can lose their man to the basket and still have someone there to block shots..Union City has the kind of team that can win but they are going to have to hit.Theheight of Lake Co forced some tough shots and actaully a few went in..I was proud of the effort..Even had Lake Co lost..showed what they are capable of..Came from about 12 down at one time to tie the game in about a 3 or 4 minute span..Then in overtime..just 4 minutes..won by 9..that shows what they are capable..if they play team ball..The only negative is holding onto a good lead..Had a 10 point lead,was scoring with Swift and Taylor and Patrick inside but Leron and I believe Rafael forced some outside shots.Don't know why a team would have a 10 point lead and the ball with about 4 minutes left and continue shooting long shots.And know who to get the ball to on inbounds plays.Lake Co had a 4 point lead and Cody Taylor was taking the ball out of bounds with maybe 20 seconds to play.He had a player open beside him but forced the ball to another player..Then seconds later..Patrick was taking the ball out of bounds and instead of throwing the ball to a guard or someone that maybe could hit a free throw..decided to throw the ball close to mid court to Taylor and the ball went off of Cody's hands out of bounds..giving Union City a chance to win at the buzzer or tie..Even had Cody caught the ball..why would Lake Co throw the ball into a poor free throw shooter with 8 seconds left and a 2 point lead?But..a good win..I believe Lake Co had 4 or maybe 5 players in double figures..Like I've said in previous posts..The Lake Co team that some of the teams saw earlier..isn't the same team..I believe most people from Union City will admit that with Swift and Cody Taylor in the lineup..a different team..Anyway..Congrats to Lake Co and Union City also..A very talented team..They hit some shots last night with a hand in their face at times.!And never quit..I did hear the Union City announcer talk about the height of Lake Co and didn't know what team was going to show up and the bad loss to Humboldt..They didnt say anything about maybe not being the same team with Swift and Taylor not playing...Anyway..going to be a great tournament..

Coach Sisco has got to be one of the best coaches in 1A basketball or possibly in the state. Year after year he is able to will his kids to compete even with them being a little undersized. He always has them prepared night after night to play with the best of the best. UC has been on a role all season and I think even with the additions to the Falcons team, UC still comes out with a 6 point win. 71-65.

There is no doubt that Sisco is one of the best coaches in the state. Mr Bigster is right Humboldt played a zone last week at UC and should have played man to man that allowed to many open shoots for UC! But UC can beat anyone at any time but it will a very hard task tonight at Tiptonville! Whitby has health problems but still a very good coach. Perhaps not the coach he once was at OC. It will be hard to beat Lake County 3 times! Good Luck to both teams! :hungry:

Zebra..I said in the otehr post that I thought there were going to be a coin toss and id Union city and Humboldt does what they are suppose to do..that's what is going to happen..So..depends who is going to be lucky..Also..I told you but really was kidding about the Union City announcers whining..It wasnt too bad..Just one time in the girls game I heard them say ..Union City was having trouble getting the ball up the court and Lake Co was still in a full court press with a 28 point lead with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter..Now..that's still a lot of time to play in the 3rd quarter and especially the game..still close to a half yet to be played..Then I thought..how ironic they would say that..I remember maybe about 2 or 3 years ago..the Union City boys would have a team down by 30 points at the half..by 50 going into the 4th quarter and be over a hundred points and still pressing..It may have been against Gleason or Greenfield..Can't remember..But it sure seems like they have a short memory..Another thing..I thought the officiating was horrendous..I thought the bald headed official was Sisco's brother..He was the official that was going to call the tech..had called a lot against Lake Co pretty well all night..calling a moving screen a couple times against Cody ..several times Union City was over Cody's back with no calls..I guess because Cody was so much bigger..Several in my group was giving them a rough time ,saying 3 seconds..call it both ways..then during time outs when the officials spread out and are looking into the crowds..pretty well have their eyes on certain fans that seem to stand out.A friend of mine was sitting behind me and hollering and the official was staring at our section and him in particular..This was about 20 seconds to go until half time..Then as the officials were leaving the floor..stopped and talked to the officers at the game and basically said he was going to throw him or maybe all of us out..The officer came up in the standa at the half and siad id he said anything else..was going to be asked to leave,,The thing is..We were at the very top..he's in the middle of the court..It's loud..No way he could even hear what was said..He may have seen some fingers pointings..mouths moving in dis-pleasure..maybe a lip reader..But the thing is..after that..can we not stand and say ..terrible call..call it both ways..as long as not cursing..Then later in the game..about 20 seconds to play..Union City called a timeout ..Lake Co came out first and Cody Taylor came out and knelt down close to the Union City huddle..really just in fun..he's done the same thing in other games as if to listen.The bald headed officials shook his head at Cody saying No..as if..you can't do that..Why?He was on the court..wasn't out of bounds..Most coaches call time out and gather around the chairs ..on the sidelines..Sisco had his players standing up ..huddled up on the lines..I thought the officials basically let the game kinda get out of hand..called a tech on a Union City player..then warned him and Swift about talking to each other..Then with about 35 seconds left to play..Lake Co threw the ball into Swift and he was hit very hard..more than your usual foul..Looked kinda like Swift was wanting to maybe go after him just by the look..Should have been an intentional,right in front of the official with no call because wasnt even going for the ball..Then when Union City tied the game up in overtime..another fan on the Union City side was standing close to the doorway ,jumping up and down,hollering about something..The official looked at him a good 30 seconds before letting the play begin..Thing was ..this fan was standing right beside about 5 police officials,so pretty sure he wasn't saying anything vulgar..Then at the end of the game..about a 7 minute delay before stsrting the overtime..I guess was conferring about maybe calling a tech for someone slamming the ball..What I saw was ,looked to be Cody heaving the ball at the other end of the floor..Anyway..as they were all gathered..looked to be about 3 or 4 Lake Co officials,Coach Johnson,usually a mild mannerd guy,Coach Newsome ,the Lake Co school officer and a fan behind the scoreboard having words with Sisco..Dont know what really happened or what was going on..Then at the end of the overtime..I saw Sisco walk over behind the score table and said something to the fan..let's just say..they know each other pretty well..Then it seemed like the Lake Co people were talking to the officials..then the bald headed official seemed to come over as overtime was about to start and said something to the fan..Anyway..the game ended and the officials went running out the back door with officers watching..That's only the second time in about 10 years .I've seen officials run out the back doors..And as bad as they were..should have went out the back door..So..I'm sure some are going to say..Bigster is just complaining..The officials always go out the front on the visitors side into the lobby leading to the shool hall ways..Not this time..The young Joiner guy ..the bald guy..seemed like it was just too big a game for them to handle.!

Coach Whitby is looking a lot better now. :hungry:

Funny how this board changes so quickly.lol

Volfan ur right! Go Coach Whitby and the falcons!

Lake County played well on both ends of the floor last night. Union City is a very dangerous team. They played very hard all game long. It was rebounding that killed UC in this one. Derick Swift is a major factor cleaning up the glass. He had over 20 boards last night to go along with his 20 points. Good win for the Falcons. Keep it up LC!

BTW....Congrats goes out to the true Greenfield fans that are Volfan007 and Greenfield. Great win last night for yall. Good luck on the rest of yall season unless yall are playin us. lol. GL Greenfield.

Zebra..I said in the otehr post that I thought there were going to be a coin toss and id Union city and Humboldt does what they are suppose to do..that's what is going to happen..So..depends who is going to be lucky..Also..I told you but really was kidding about the Union City announcers whining..It wasnt too bad..Just one time in the girls game I heard them say ..Union City was having trouble getting the ball up the court and Lake Co was still in a full court press with a 28 point lead with 4 minutes left in the 3rd quarter..Now..that's still a lot of time to play in the 3rd quarter and especially the game..still close to a half yet to be played..Then I thought..how ironic they would say that..I remember maybe about 2 or 3 years ago..the Union City boys would have a team down by 30 points at the half..by 50 going into the 4th quarter and be over a hundred points and still pressing..It may have been against Gleason or Greenfield..Can't remember..But it sure seems like they have a short memory..Another thing..I thought the officiating was horrendous..I thought the bald headed official was Sisco's brother..He was the official that was going to call the tech..had called a lot against Lake Co pretty well all night..calling a moving screen a couple times against Cody ..several times Union City was over Cody's back with no calls..I guess because Cody was so much bigger..Several in my group was giving them a rough time ,saying 3 seconds..call it both ways..then during time outs when the officials spread out and are looking into the crowds..pretty well have their eyes on certain fans that seem to stand out.A friend of mine was sitting behind me and hollering and the official was staring at our section and him in particular..This was about 20 seconds to go until half time..Then as the officials were leaving the floor..stopped and talked to the officers at the game and basically said he was going to throw him or maybe all of us out..The officer came up in the standa at the half and siad id he said anything else..was going to be asked to leave,,The thing is..We were at the very top..he's in the middle of the court..It's loud..No way he could even hear what was said..He may have seen some fingers pointings..mouths moving in dis-pleasure..maybe a lip reader..But the thing is..after that..can we not stand and say ..terrible call..call it both ways..as long as not cursing..Then later in the game..about 20 seconds to play..Union City called a timeout ..Lake Co came out first and Cody Taylor came out and knelt down close to the Union City huddle..really just in fun..he's done the same thing in other games as if to listen.The bald headed officials shook his head at Cody saying No..as if..you can't do that..Why?He was on the court..wasn't out of bounds..Most coaches call time out and gather around the chairs ..on the sidelines..Sisco had his players standing up ..huddled up on the lines..I thought the officials basically let the game kinda get out of hand..called a tech on a Union City player..then warned him and Swift about talking to each other..Then with about 35 seconds left to play..Lake Co threw the ball into Swift and he was hit very hard..more than your usual foul..Looked kinda like Swift was wanting to maybe go after him just by the look..Should have been an intentional,right in front of the official with no call because wasnt even going for the ball..Then when Union City tied the game up in overtime..another fan on the Union City side was standing close to the doorway ,jumping up and down,hollering about something..The official looked at him a good 30 seconds before letting the play begin..Thing was ..this fan was standing right beside about 5 police officials,so pretty sure he wasn't saying anything vulgar..Then at the end of the game..about a 7 minute delay before stsrting the overtime..I guess was conferring about maybe calling a tech for someone slamming the ball..What I saw was ,looked to be Cody heaving the ball at the other end of the floor..Anyway..as they were all gathered..looked to be about 3 or 4 Lake Co officials,Coach Johnson,usually a mild mannerd guy,Coach Newsome ,the Lake Co school officer and a fan behind the scoreboard having words with Sisco..Dont know what really happened or what was going on..Then at the end of the overtime..I saw Sisco walk over behind the score table and said something to the fan..let's just say..they know each other pretty well..Then it seemed like the Lake Co people were talking to the officials..then the bald headed official seemed to come over as overtime was about to start and said something to the fan..Anyway..the game ended and the officials went running out the back door with officers watching..That's only the second time in about 10 years .I've seen officials run out the back doors..And as bad as they were..should have went out the back door..So..I'm sure some are going to say..Bigster is just complaining..The officials always go out the front on the visitors side into the lobby leading to the shool hall ways..Not this time..The young Joiner guy ..the bald guy..seemed like it was just too big a game for them to handle.!

WOW! Do you like the sound of the keyboard typing or something?