Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a student at LCHS, i was there i play for JV, so i didnt dress in varsity but our student section was wrong for storming the court, but we got off quickly, and Shelbyvilles coach was mad about his technicals and of us storming the court im sure, so he pushed down our cheerleader, and our SRO officer was getting all in his face so we starting screaming his name then all of sudden the fight broke out im not sure who threw the first punch mabye andrews, i do think it was him but im not sure.

I feel different than everyone else about this storming the court deal. If Emmanual cant handle it with just 50 kids or so i cant wait to see what happens at the college level because the ncaa will not put up with that kind of behavior. When there is a big upset at the college level what happens after the game? They storm the court except for the sec and thats just because the gym floor is not big enough to hold all the fans. So everyone needs to suck it up that 50 KIDS ran on the floor because we had a big district win, and i also think it is terrible that the coach and E played in the game tonight what is that school going to do just look over it because that will not happen. This should not have to go to tssaa the school should take action and someone earlier today was talking about our administration? Also if you cant take a few kids yelling at you i dont think you deserve to be in the gym period and you are right noone will let this go but i hope shelbyville learns how to control players before the next time we meet.

You haven't watched a whole lot of games then, although it's not common, I have often times seen head coaches shake hands and then one of them not shake the players hands on the other team. Anyway, doesn't really matter. Where is this district tourney?

Well, I have seen a whole lot of games. I guess I have just always saw teams play where the coaches shake each others hand ALONG with the opposing players hands, until last night of course.

The district tournament is in Columbia.

The TSSAA handbook is crystal clear about who is responsible for the crowds at athletic contests.The principal of EACH school or his desgnee.The SRO from Lchs might have been the designee,but student behavior is the ultimate responsibility of each school. The SCHS player might have behaved the same way if the LCHS students had NOT rushed the floor. yet the whole situation might have been avoided if the fans had stayed in their seats. Read some of the coach T

articles about Memphis schools playing with only coaches,players,and referees allowed. I don't think anyone who has posted wants that.But that could happen.a little more supervision by the LCHS administration is the only thing that's needed.I don't see why that's such a big deal.Then everbody can have their inalienable right to act as rude and contrversial as they want to.ONE thing you can probably count on is CLOSE supervision of the fan sections at the district tournament and regional tournaments by the Columbia and Murfreesboro police departments.

The TSSAA handbook is crystal clear about who is responsible for the crowds at athletic contests.The principal of EACH school or his desgnee.The SRO from Lchs might have been the designee,but student behavior is the ultimate responsibility of each school. The SCHS player might have behaved the same way if the LCHS students had NOT rushed the floor. yet the whole situation might have been avoided if the fans had stayed in their seats. Read some of the coach T

articles about Memphis schools playing with only coaches,players,and referees allowed. I don't think anyone who has posted wants that.But that could happen.a little more supervision by the LCHS administration is the only thing that's needed.I don't see why that's such a big deal.Then everbody can have their inalienable right to act as rude and contrversial as they want to.ONE thing you can probably count on is CLOSE supervision of the fan sections at the district tournament and regional tournaments by the Columbia and Murfreesboro police departments.

Picture this scenario. The game ends, the players and coaches line up and shake hands. The Shelbyville Coach is so upset that he doesn't shake hands. The players and Coaches head to their respective dressing rooms. The Lawrence county players and Coaches easily get to their dressing room because there is no one in their way. The Shelbyville players and Coaches do the same. The Shelbyville players and Coaches get to their dressing room with no problem because the Lawrence County administration has been there the entire game making sure that there fans DO NOT GET ON THE COURT!!! The Lawrence County administration stays there with their fans after a hotly contested game because they are smart enough to realize that the Shelbyville players and Coaches are about to walk directly beside them. No students on the floor and no players in the stands because the administration is there to make sure that it doesn't happen.

As for the comment about the SEC not allowing spectators on the floor. now you know why they do not want them on the floor. RECIPE FOR DISASTER !

Before you start bashing me please answer this;

Where was the Principal and Asst Principal and Athletic Director for Lawrence Co?

Please answer that question.

But how could your SRO get all your fans off the court when he was over against the wall trying to arrest KT for assault out of his jurisdiction????? Just a question...

Just so you know, the SRO is a Tennessee Post Certified Officer (keyword TENNESSEE) he can arrest, stop, question and do anything any other officer does regardless of where he is in Tennessee....that dosen't just apply to him that applies to any officer. Had it been your child that was assaulted and you knew he was a police officer and he didn't do anything you would be upset. I personally saw SRO waiving for assistance from the Shelbyville adminstration and the SCHS SRO after the assistant coach pushed the cheerleader (pushed =assault). He also made the LCHS kids get off the court prior to the SCHS players charging the stands. Also the parents of the kid assaulted by EA can pursue criminal charges through juvenial court if EA is a minor...if not he can be charged with assault as an adult...which I think will happen after the District Attorney sees the video.

Okay. I was there from 5:00 P.M. until 10:30 P.M. that night. For starters, the refs did let things get out of hand. They dictate the outcome and the actions of the fans. BUT there was no reason for LC fans to rush the floor, no they did not just stand in the little corner that you like to think they did. They ran alllllll the way over to the bench of the visitor side. Have respect, you just don't do that. Period! Now if this was a neutral site and this game meant something in the district standings, i would understand. But it didn't. As for Coach Thomas of SCHS not shaking the players hands, that's normal. Coaches shake hands. I sat there and watched with my two eyes see him shake the other coaches hand. LCHS Student section shouldn't have been standing in the way of the SCHS Eagles entrance to THEIR locker room. Have some respect to let the HOME team get into THEIR locker room. Also, I know Coach Thomas on a personal level, this man would NEVER touch or "PUSH" (as you like to say he did) a young woman in the way you are saying he did. Once again, if they(LCHS STUDENTS&CHEERLEADERS) were not in the way of SCHS locker room, this would have never occurred. Also, LCHS Students need to have more class. Don't call someone an inappropriate word just because you do not like him because the kids got talent. & THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED! A young man from the LCHS student section called Andrews something that should not have been said and Andrews turned and the guy was walking towards him and E then walked towards him and they went at it. No E did NOT get knocked out, you'd have to have a lot more people on your side to take him down. The SCHS admin. always makes sure that their student section NEVER rushes the floor or post inappropriate sayings on their white board. Truth is our Assistant Principle sits RIGHT be the student section. The last saying that LCHS posted on their board was "PLUCK THE EAGLES", now you tell me this, is this really necessary? I think not! I give props to the SCHS student section for not joining the childish fight. The LCHS student section can get VERY RUDE and be VERY out of line! I know this from first hand, maybe you guys should tell your cheerleaders that getting as close to the opposing teams player throwing the ball in and yelling in their ear isn't the most sportsman like thing! I promise you this is true, b/c i did once tell the ref about it one game and he turned around and the young lady was right in my ear! For you to say that our #50 is the most unsportsmanlike player and a dirty player, you are wrong. BECAUSE WE DO NOT HAVE A #50. shows how much you know! All i know is there better be a whole lot of state troopers at the girls & boys game when the Eaglettes and Eagles get around the Lady WildCats and WildCats again. These two student sections will never let this one go!

You do have a # 50..he was the one throwing a temper tantrum after his fourth foul...so your also saying this game didn't mean anything in regards to the district standings? Are you sure you are even a basketball fan? You say you were at the game, but it's obvious you weren't watching it.

Picture this scenario. The game ends, the players and coaches line up and shake hands. The Shelbyville Coach is so upset that he doesn't shake hands. The players and Coaches head to their respective dressing rooms. The Lawrence county players and Coaches easily get to their dressing room because there is no one in their way. The Shelbyville players and Coaches do the same. The Shelbyville players and Coaches get to their dressing room with no problem because the Lawrence County administration has been there the entire game making sure that there fans DO NOT GET ON THE COURT!!! The Lawrence County administration stays there with their fans after a hotly contested game because they are smart enough to realize that the Shelbyville players and Coaches are about to walk directly beside them. No students on the floor and no players in the stands because the administration is there to make sure that it doesn't happen.

As for the comment about the SEC not allowing spectators on the floor. now you know why they do not want them on the floor. RECIPE FOR DISASTER !

Where was the Principal and Asst Principal and Athletic Director for Lawrence Co?

Still waiting.....................................

Still waiting.....................................

Can't speak for these folks but I did see school faculty there pulling SCHS players from the stands. It makes no sense to have the home team walk by the opposing student section, in my humble opinion your asking for trouble. Picture this scenario...the SCHS coach acts like an adult...gathers his players up makes sure that his assistant coaches and all his players make it to the locker room. The SRO was there he did make the kids get back into the stands...I understand the players were upset..it was an emotionally charged game..the coach was just adding fuel to the fire by throwing a fit..he displayed poor sportsmanship and it rubbed off on his kids...

At this point nothing new can be said, I don't think. The TSSAA has been contacted and if LCHS or SCHS are found to be in violation of rules then either or both should be punished according to TSSAA rules. Both schools should turn over whatever video evidence they have and let those who are not emotionally involved decide the outcome. It is up to individuals as to whether they pursue criminal charges or not.