Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

SCHS needs to address where the students sections need to be and make a change.

LCHS needs their administration to show up and KEEP THEIR STUDENTS OFF OF THE FLOOR.

MAN UP AND ADMIT IT. WE ARE BOTH TO BLAME

The student body going on the floor had nothing to do with the fight. The students were already back in the stands when Andrews went INTO the stands and hit an LCHS student.

Yes, they did go onto the floor. They admit that. Have all along.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SLOWNEZ and others keep talking about the LCHS students "STORMING THE COURT" as though they were armed and taking prisoners. As I understand it they were returned to their bleachers by the SRO where they were then STORMED AND ASSAULTED by Andrews and SOME of the other SCHS players. Where were these wonderful SCHS administrators when this was taking place?

I never said that the SCHS administration was great. I stated that they attend away games and try and maintain control of their student section. One way they do this is to make sure that they know that they cannot, under any circumstance get on the floor. I agree that the proximity of the visiting student section to the SCHS locker room needs to be addressed. Look back at my post. All you will find is that I stated that the SCHS administration attends away games and helps control their students.

SCHS needs to address where the students sections need to be and make a change.

LCHS needs their administration to show up and KEEP THEIR STUDENTS OFF OF THE FLOOR.

MAN UP AND ADMIT IT. WE ARE BOTH TO BLAME

I admit it. The LCHS students should not have gone onto the floor.

Now can you admit that the SCHS coach should not have acted as he did and that Andrews should not have gone into the opposing teams stands and attacked a spectator.

Could someone please tell me why a math teacher from Oakland High is on this thread! Randymc needs to worry about his own school. As far as administrators being there, when I got to the floor there were two LCHS football coaches and a teacher along with the SRO. Whoever was "still waiting" your wait is over!!

WOW, the principle of SCHS lives in Lawrence County!!!!! I was pretty sure you posted back on page 27 or something that you said "us redneck white trash here in Lawrence County" when you were bickering with Randymc. But I see you have taken a stupid internet fight and called out his job and place of work over comments that can be taken several ways, as in "Us redneck white trash here in Lawrence County" posted by you!!!! This is why these boards drive me crazy, but I keep reading!!! Coach T must love it!!!......BTW, is CoacH T one of the "redneck white trash there in Lawrence County" as you have called everybody there???? :unsure:

For the record, I guess you didn't understand when I said I was referring to what the SCHS principal stated about folks from Lawrence County..I as well as everyone can clearly see that you are only interested in conflict instead of resolving a serious issue..as for internet fight..I have only posted facts here..yes I've allowed myself to stoop to yours and others level and I'm sorry for that..like I said earlier its unfortunate that this silly event has overshadowed a great ballgame....

To Randy Mc...Thanks for the support of your friends. We miss you here in Shelbyville. See you at tournament time! Still waiting along with others to the question. Where were the LCHS principal, assistant principal, and AD? I know!!! NOT THERE

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/handbook.pdf on Page 8

Section 8. All games shall be properly supervised to insure sportsmanlike contests. The host school shall be responsible for providing sufficient security to insure orderly conduct on the part of all spectators. Visiting teams shall be accompanied by the principal or someone designated by the principal.

Furthermore:

"Member schools are responsible for the conduct of their own fans and students at every athletic contest, regardless of where it may be held.

"The coach and principal of each of the schools participating in an athletic contest shall file a report immediately with the state office if there is any unusual incident involving poor sportsmanship, during or following the game, on the part of players, coaches, school administrators, game officials or spectators."

Hopefully reports have been, or soon will be, filed by both schools.

Randy I thought that you and I might be able to have an itelligent debate..guess not....You win ..Us poor white trash rednecks over here in Lawrence County have been put in our place......next I'm sure your gonna blame us for the bad economy and the war in Iraq...

4thecats, I guess you are right and I could not understand that you were talking about the SCHS principle in this post!!!!!! And also I did not see you were trying to resolve these issues by posting where someone works and what they do for a living. HHMMM, help me here, how does that resovle the issue???

As for me causing trouble here.....I guess I was trying to point out that at this point there is more he said she said stuff on this thread that really doesn't matter. Everybody will have a different take on what somebody says, ex: your redneck, white trash comment. I know you were not calling all of Lawrence County these things, but that is what you wrote. I hope you all find some closure or whatever you are looking for, but I doubt it will come from the TSSAA. :unsure:

To Randy Mc...Thanks for the support of your friends. We miss you here in Shelbyville. See you at tournament time! Still waiting along with others to the question. Where were the LCHS principal, assistant principal, and AD? I know!!! NOT THERE

LOL, love the name, don't know who you are, but have a few ideas. Maybe some people will read this post and figure out the answer to their own questions. I can't wait to make it back down there. We have a good team this year. Kinda hoping we play LCHS at OHS in 1st round!

Now let me correct you guys on some things, I never said what Andrews might have done was right, neither did I say what the LCHS kids did was right. I talked with someone in the know shortly after the game, as is not uncommon for me to do after most SCHS games to hear how the game went. I was told that Coach Thomas did not push a cheerleader down and http://I remember specifically defending coach Thomas who was being given a bad wrap on here, and it looks like now that the "facts" are out, that I was, indeed correct. I posted about how in my experiences nothing good has happened when visiting fans run onto a court following a game. And stating that everything at this point is all he said/she said.

and to "4thecats" I don't care if some high school kid or antagonizing parent can research where I work, everyone in Murfreesboro knows who randymc on coachT is, and most people respect that. Like I said, I have several friends from Lawrence Co, one a former LCHS cheerleader at that, and they all know what kind of person I am. The last thing I need is to be judged by some teenager or parent who's never met me. Harder for me to believe the LCHS students were not antagonizing Andrews any, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. You can ask any of our students, when they act wrong at one of our games, I would jump their butts if I was there, but when they act right I will tell them to (as was the case at Siegel Friday night).

I know you guys wont believe this, but there are plenty of people out there that know its all true.

As much as you would like to think it is, this thread is not about you. I am glad you hold kids to a high standard. Lets hope your former school does, too.

It is OK for Andrews to punch a fan if he was antagonized. Sad statement on your part. Makes the rest of your comment invalid.

As much as you would like to think it is, this thread is not about you. I am glad you hold kids to a high standard. Lets hope your former school does, too.

It is OK for Andrews to punch a fan if he was antagonized. Sad statement on your part. Makes the rest of your comment invalid.

Dude, seriously, when did I ever say it was ok? I am just saying I am pretty sure that the LCHS kid was not being a perfect little angel. Find and quote my post where I said it was ok? Please do that. And I know this thread is not about me, but you my friend crossed that line and decided to bring me, my life, my occupation into it. I am cool with it, but you turned this tread around yourself. Think about that one.