Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

Back in business until 9PM tonight. I have better things to do, just like I would have all weekend, but fans need to discuss this issue.

Here are the facts as I know them now, after discussing this with every possible person today:

Coach Thomas did push the LCHS cheerleader. No one thinks it was malicious on his part but it did happen. I only bring it back up because there was some speculation that one of his assistants might have done it instead and that is not fair to them.

At least 9 LCHS students ran across the floor to the LCHS players who were lined up to shake hands and congratulated them on the win and then ran back and got into the bleachers when instructed to do so by the LCHS SRO. The video was stopped for a few seconds right when the game ended so if there were more than 9 they did not go all the way across the floor and were back in the stands before the video was restarted. The video was not moved from the floor to cover the cheering section so the fight is not visible, at least on this video.

According to the TSSAA there is no rule against fans being on the floor celebrating after the game is over.

Three SCHS players went into the LCHS stands and hit and held a fan until other fans got involved. All three SCHS players threw punches but not sure how many connected. Several LCHS and SCHS fans threw punches, also.

SCHS changed their seating arrangement today.

The LCHS administration is discussing appropriate punishment for students involved.

The TSSAA took reports today from all parties involved. Any decision they make should be soon.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks CoachT for shedding some light on this matter and opening things back up! Has Coach Thomas been in contact with the cheerleader to at least say he was sorry? Seems like that would be something that needs to be done. I do hope the TSSAA does something about this. Did "Big Mac and the side orders of fries" play Saturday night?

I heard something about a Shelbyville coach knocking down a cheerleader prior to the brawl breaking out. I don't know how much truth there is to this, but I know it wouldnt have taken much to rile up the already pumped up Wildcat fans. Don't know who started it, but I have a feeling it was a mutual thing.

Just talked to someone in the know, and the SCHS coach didn't push or knock down and LCHS cheerleader. Heard it was the LCHS fans and their SRO mostly.

Looks like your source was wrong.....

Thanks CoachT for shedding some light on this matter and opening things back up! Has Coach Thomas been in contact with the cheerleader to at least say he was sorry? Seems like that would be something that needs to be done. I do hope the TSSAA does something about this. Did "Big Mac and the side orders of fries" play Saturday night?

Someone offered to apologize that night, not sure if it was him or someone else asking on his behalf or the school's behalf, but she was already outside and did not want to reenter the gym. Not sure if anything else has taken place.

YOURNAMEISJEFF, All evidence posted on the thread, all eye-witnesses, and most importantly the main eye-witness, being the cheerleader, rules against you. Obviously the coach knocked the cheerleader down. You may not want to believe it but you must.

Actually, its MyNameIsJeff, not YOURNAMEISJEFF ? Where did you get that from kid? Can you read?

He didn't shove anyone. TSSAA has requested video so the truth will come out about this.

Awww Jeffie...come'on man Coach T wouldn't make it up and post it on here to make someone look bad...he said it was the facts as he has learned them...looks like I owe the assistant coach an apology. For the record....I'm sorry.

E.Andrews and all of the Shelbyville players played Saturday night.