The Pirates from SP Spring Workouts/Scrimmages

OLD PIRATE

Word is going around that some former SP students that left SP when they were in ele. school are coming back this year...I do not know that for a fact and could not even tell you who left..but its just what I have heard.

PeePee, ha-ha, OP jest couldn't help it! The skillet slinger says talk @ the TNTBSUS ( Trying Not To Be So Ugly Shop for all you youngons) is some young ones parents have come to the realization SP is a great fit for future studs and want-a-bees. Word is Warden Pratt runs a tight ship and is weeding the few bad seeds.

OP hasn't heard anymore about the Fla stud and never knew more than what was read on coacht about the northern kid. recon wees all is a waiting to see.

• 2 weeks later...
pepsi was just wondering how the off season workouts were coming.pepsi thinks we may have a few lineman that can dominate this year#76,#68,and big wordlaw should be tough in the trenches

go pirates

Old Pirate don't see any domination of the SP linemen. OP says the Pirates don't need to talk about dominating anyone after getting their tails whipped in the championship game. They all need to get stronger and develop better foot speed, obviously some need to work on strength and their stance if planning on playing D. Overall a bunch that "could" be above average given their desire to work and develop weaknesses.

OP says the Jasper youngons are reportedly working overtime in the weightroom. Bet the house Coach Troy will have them wanting to pose for Popeye posters before long.

I've heard of some guys moving into town and parents picking SP as their school due to the football tradition and the academic status that Pratt and Co. are demonstrating. There will be some standouts on this upcoming team but I don't think it will come from any lineman. R. Hale should be one of the best backs in the state. The question around town is what kind of offense(s) are we gonna run. Any insight on this is great but don't give out too many spoilers.

I've heard of some guys moving into town and parents picking SP as their school due to the football tradition and the academic status that Pratt and Co. are demonstrating. There will be some standouts on this upcoming team but I don't think it will come from any lineman. R. Hale should be one of the best backs in the state. The question around town is what kind of offense(s) are we gonna run. Any insight on this is great but don't give out too many spoilers.

PM, Old Pirate says the rumbles continue regarding new students coming to the Pitt. Don't knows how many or for sure if any. That youngon from Fla is reportedly still up in the air with TVA projects slow to fill employees. Anyhow it's purt near impossible to see any folkes on these futeball treads now-a-days.

OP has pulled out the skillet slinger's cosmo and reads that these days. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

PM, Old Pirate says the rumbles continue regarding new students coming to the Pitt. Don't knows how many or for sure if any. That youngon from Fla is reportedly still up in the air with TVA projects slow to fill employees. Anyhow it's purt near impossible to see any folkes on these futeball treads now-a-days.

OP has pulled out the skillet slinger's cosmo and reads that these days. :thumb:

The pirates will be in the gun again next year along with some wildcat formation looks...thats what the starters of next years team have told me anyways

i feel like the offense will be good again hopefully.my concern is the ability to stop the run against the stronger teams, maybe grider and co will come up with a stronger d line and backers

GO PIRATES

South Pitt will be fine this year. They always are. Just like Trousdale County they always reload. Can't beat pride and tradition and great coaches. :thumb: