Who Will Be The New Head Coach At LaVergne?

1LoyalFan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why Lavergne would hire a person with even a question about an alleged incident with a knife. Is it to make the gangbangers there scared or something? Most gangers that I know would consider him a challenge and might act on it.

Seems sort of hypocritical if he hires Stevens with a hint of scandal after he denied Patterson with a domestic charge that was assumed to be dropped. Or am I all wrong about this grizzly?

I DO hope they step up to the plate and take care of updating the facilities. The kids deserve it. That is the only way you can begin to rebuild the pride in the school. Get ready....Ash may change the school colors to black now like OHS changed theirs from blue to red for a fresh look. I know I know they wore red in 84....but they focused on blue in everything else.

To my knowledge, I've never seen a single authentic gang member ever at LHS. I've seen plenty of guys who show bad taste in clothes with saggy jeans and other anti-social forms of dress, but I don't think that means they are in an actual gang. If there are "standard class" kids at Siegel with green hair and multiple facial piercings, that doesn't mean they are a rock star from MTV. It just means they are making foolish choices in how they appear.

It's all wannabe stuff as far as I can tell. Kids trying to bring attention to themselves by looking anti-social through whichever out-of-date mode of dress atrocity they go with.

LHS simply needs to renovate what needs to be renovated, toss out some bad apples, etc. No need to change colors, mascots, or anything of the sort. I hear that 3 of the 5 LHS grads from last May who are now freshmen at UTC already made the Dean's List, right off the bat. Just make it clear to the student body at LHS that like anything else... you can lead, follow, or get out of the way. And if the troublemakers won't "get out of the way" - send them to Daniel McKee. For a LONG time.

The solutions are simple - they just take better funding and better effort by everybody involved. It's anything but hopeless.

SS will do a good job at LaVergne he is a good coach that might have made a few bad choices during his time at Oak Ridge, but don't we all? Some people in Oak Ridge blew a lot of things out of proportion because they wanted him out as coach. The old saying "you can't go home" was made true in this case. SS is a good hire good luck to him & LaVergne.

P.S. to Lavergne fans that are believing & reading the rumors from Oak Ridge......"Judge not lest ye be judged."

quote:

“I am looking forward to being a part of not only helping change the football expectations but the school expectations as well,” Stevens said in the release. “We should expect to be competitive both on the field and in the classroom. We represent the LaVergne community and hope to do it in a first class manner.”

http://www.dnj.com/article/20100219/SPORTS08/100219004/1089/Stevens+hired+as+La+Vergne+coach++Grimes+to+assist

:popcorneater: