13A & 14A Region Tourneys

west15

Humboldt wasn't to scared, H-58 LC-56

I don't see anywhere in the post that says Humboldt was scared..I believe it says..for some reason Humboldt scares me..in other words..have the athletes that if they are hitting could win..which they did..So have no idea what your post is about..But then again..I see you didn't post at all on this thread until after the game and Humboldt won..True fan.!

If, you read the post above my statement from daroundball you will see that comment, I wasn't referring to you! And a s far as true fan ,you were the one counting your team out against west carroll, now that's a "TRUE FAN", & I said, "they would win by atleast 10"!! So, don't have a attitude now that your girls or out since you predicted that they would be in the BORO, I don't brag or write these long drawn out post about what if this happens or what if they made there free throws it's a game and that's why you play it because on any given night a team can get beat. & I think I can post whenever I get ready especially when people make stupid statements like that so if you got a problem with it I suggest you get over it!!!

I don't remember any of my posts predictiing Lake Co girls would be in the Boro..Maybe some that said they had a good chance..but also said it could be anyone from Greenfield,Gleason,Middleton and even Humboldt..And Humboldt would have been behind those teams.I feel if Greenfield or Lake Co was to play Humboldt girls 10 times..Lake Co and Greenfield would both beat them 8 out of 10 times..Humboldt had their night.They deserved to win..As for the Lake Co boys..I'll admit..because of the turmoil,the coaching..the players I thought we were going to have..had a great chance of going to the Stete tournament.Just because Lake Co is my team..doesn't mean I think they can beat everyone.Lake Co is too small now.I think Lake Co-Union City is pretty close but Union City has betetr shooters.If Cody Taylor were playing and Lake Co could extend their defense..I'd go with Lake Co.But the girls had a lot betetr chance than the boys that we have on the team now does.!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt wasn't to scared, H-58 LC-56

I don't see anywhere in the post that says Humboldt was scared..I believe it says..for some reason Humboldt scares me..in other words..have the athletes that if they are hitting could win..which they did..So have no idea what your post is about..But then again..I see you didn't post at all on this thread until after the game and Humboldt won..True fan.!

If, you read the post above my statement from daroundball you will see that comment, I wasn't referring to you! And a s far as true fan ,you were the one counting your team out against west carroll, now that's a "TRUE FAN", & I said, "they would win by atleast 10"!! So, don't have a attitude now that your girls or out since you predicted that they would be in the BORO, I don't brag or write these long drawn out post about what if this happens or what if they made there free throws it's a game and that's why you play it because on any given night a team can get beat. & I think I can post whenever I get ready especially when people make stupid statements like that so if you got a problem with it I suggest you get over it!!!

CONGRATS ON THE WIN. BUT BEFORE I SAY I WAS WRONG I NEED BIGSTER TO TELL ME IF THEY HAD A GIRL WITH THE FLU. IF SO DID SHE PLAY. IF THIS INFO IS WRONG I WAS WRONG. BUT AGAIN CONGRATS ON THE WIN AND MAKE 14A PROUD.

No..I had heard that yesterday morning but Abbot started and played.She looked ok to me..I came on right after the loss..didn't hide until the next day..didn't make any excuses about officiating..etc..Humboldt played well enough to win..That happens sometimes..Hubbard and King played really well..If Humboldt beats Gleason I believe Hubbard will be the MVP..She deserves it.!

By the way..have met a lot of very nice people on here..Sometimes these posts can really get people going but mostly in fun..Like Purple said in an earlier post..You kinda get to talking to some of them and know they are good people.Zebra,Purple,Harper,Daround,GCPioneer,Vol fan,Huff,and Greenfieldfan just to name a few..It's been great..Have met most of them..Like I said..it's all in fun but at the same time..when you are expecting more out of a team and they lose ..it's disappointing.Not that Lake Co has been disappointing this year.It's been great and they played well and great all year..I'm sure they're disappointed more than any of the fans.I believe they had a goal this year and fell a little short. I'm down a little from last night so I'm sure it's hard when a daughter is playing.Haven't heard from Greenfield fan or Huff but Volfan did come on this morning..Greenfield had a great year and has a lot to be proud of.!

I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE BOLDT. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THEY ARE A GOOD TEAM. I KNEW WHEN HUBBARD HIT A LAST SECOND 3 TO BEAT BRADFORD SHE AND KING HAD NO FEAR OF BRADFORD. BUT I THOUGHT THEY WOULD FEAR LAKE CO. ONCE AGAIN CONGRATS AND MAKE 14A PROUD. BIGSTER YOU ARE A CLASS ACT. I ENJOY LOOKING AT YOUR POST ABOUT LAKE CO.

Thanks Daround..So are you..I know at times I'm all Lake Co but for the most part,I try to call it like i see it..Bradford had a fine team as did Humboldt,Greenfield..I thought Lake co did well losing only 1 game in the district.I know at times.I do write long threads...but a lot is for maybe some people that don't or can't come to the games..So ..I guess I need to make them smaller..But to Viking 87..I didn't see that he was answering your post about maybe being feared of Lake Co..And I read it several times..I knew Viking hadn't posted anything on the thread and thought he waited until Humboldt won..So I do apologize to Viking for that..But as to being a true fan.I'm as true to Lake Co as a person can get but also know there are beter teams ,especially in the boys where it seems we are in turmoil..But Lake Co still does have talent.But ..Congrats to Bradford on a fine year ..Humboldt also..Greenfield..Trenton..Lake Co..Has been a fun and some great games..!

Congratulations to Lake Co. and Greenfield on outstanding seasons.

Should be an exciting game Tuesday night. In addition to playing for the region title, Humboldt will play in its first sectional since 1985.

Viking fans can listen to Tuesday's game on The Victory 93.7 FM. Paul and Vic will also have the game on 95.1 FM in Weakley County.

I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE BOLDT. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THEY ARE A GOOD TEAM. I KNEW WHEN HUBBARD HIT A LAST SECOND 3 TO BEAT BRADFORD SHE AND KING HAD NO FEAR OF BRADFORD. BUT I THOUGHT THEY WOULD FEAR LAKE CO. ONCE AGAIN CONGRATS AND MAKE 14A PROUD. BIGSTER YOU ARE A CLASS ACT. I ENJOY LOOKING AT YOUR POST ABOUT LAKE CO.

Thank you, CLASS ACT!!!!!

Thanks Daround..So are you..I know at times I'm all Lake Co but for the most part,I try to call it like i see it..Bradford had a fine team as did Humboldt,Greenfield..I thought Lake co did well losing only 1 game in the district.I know at times.I do write long threads...but a lot is for maybe some people that don't or can't come to the games..So ..I guess I need to make them smaller..But to Viking 87..I didn't see that he was answering your post about maybe being feared of Lake Co..And I read it several times..I knew Viking hadn't posted anything on the thread and thought he waited until Humboldt won..So I do apologize to Viking for that..But as to being a true fan.I'm as true to Lake Co as a person can get but also know there are beter teams ,especially in the boys where it seems we are in turmoil..But Lake Co still does have talent.But ..Congrats to Bradford on a fine year ..Humboldt also..Greenfield..Trenton..Lake Co..Has been a fun and some great games..!

I post every now and thing but mostly on the boys thread and Have seen the girls play a couple times and knew they had the talent but there coach is suspect. I must admit you do give a play by play of the games and I enjoy reading them because I'm in Nashville and get to make a couple games a year. I never try and gloat win we win but I try and be fair to all teams because you can get beat at anytime. Humboldt has had the talent for many years but haven't been able to make it to the big game. I played from 84-87 and we blew many chance to go to state after beating all the teams during regular season and losing in sub-state or regional semis. Humbodlt will get over this hump one day because there's to much talent in Humboldt, good luck to the Lady Falcons next year because I see that they return a majority of there starters. Hopefully, there will be another Humboldt Lake county rematch in the regional finals.

I don't usually post on the girls but I gotta say great win for Coach Johnson and the lady Vikings!!!

I can't remember if the boys and girls have ever been in the boro in the same year!!?? Good luck against Gleason! We'll be there cheering!

Hopefully it'll be this year..I hope Gleason and Humboldt both do well..Same for the Humboldt boys..Am hoping they make it with the Lake Co boys.I think it'll be a long shot for the Lake Co boys though..If Lake Co doesn't win tonight ,I'm hoping Union City and Humboldt represents our region.!

I have been busy today. Last night was very disappointing. Gleason is a very disciplined team. They play their style no matter what, and they play it well. Our girls had a great season that fell short of what we thought was possible. We will move on and be back next year. Good luck to the region 7 teams.

Very true......

On a lighter note, I have checked all the hospitals and funeral homes with no word about Greenfieldfan...did he make it out alive? :thumb:

ParisRiverRat,

Its been really tough the last few days but I am ok, thanks for asking. Congratulations to Gleason, they had a great game plan and did what they had to do. I do want to say that I am very proud of our girls, this is a special group of girls.

The Greenfield girls basketball program will miss the seniors but we have a great bunch of younger players that are ready to step up and carry the load. Greenfield is blessed to have three great coaches, Coach Trevathan, Coach Durden & Coach Liggett working with the girls. Its been a fun year!