Freshman Talent

opticyellow

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two freshmen to be looking at are pitchers from Lebanon. Bethany Anderson and Beth Swartwout. Beth is 3-1 and Bethany is 4-2. Bethany pitched against Dickson County today and won 2-1. Beth pitched against Oakland today and won 2-1. Of course they were backed up by some great defense and timely hits, but you will be hearing a lot about these girls in the future.

The mid state area is loaded with freshman talent. The question is will the coaches play to win, thus playing the freshman, or, play to make all the junior and senior girls and there parents happy because they have worked fundraisers and concessions for 3-4 years now? Back when i played ball in high school (77-81) we played to win. Back then if you was a freshman and you was better than a senior, well, the senior rode the pine. Come on coaches play to win!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mid state area is loaded with freshman talent. The question is will the coaches play to win, thus playing the freshman, or, play to make all the junior and senior girls and there parents happy because they have worked fundraisers and concessions for 3-4 years now? Back when i played ball in high school (77-81) we played to win. Back then if you was a freshman and you was better than a senior, well, the senior rode the pine. Come on coaches play to win!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back in the day that is because the coaches actually made you work to become a good athlete and weren't afraid to damage your self esteem or build character, there truly is a complete lack of character in the youth today...hand it to a few because of who mommy and daddy think they are and keep it from the ones that really work to earn it...wonder where this concept came from. :bored:

There's a kid for Unicoi, Her name is Chyanne Delff, forgive the spelling if wrong, shes the real deal as a ball player. J.V. what ever she really should be playing Varsity and no she's not my DD just know talent. :bored: Another one is #7 not sure what her name is but really, varsity player as well over whats starting. Speed, smarts, hitting ready for the challenge I would say, but who am I?

I thought that too, from the wording ("heard she a threw a perfect game") but even so that's a good achievement for a freshman, congratulations to her.

Sequatchie has 2 freshmen starters, both in the outfield, they haven't done enough yet to be called stars but they're doing well for a winning team.