Miss Basketball Finalists

Ticket

You like to refer back to Obion Co. beating Gibson Co. alot on here. You know how OC beat GC? They played as a TEAM. Fussell got her shots in and so did everyone else. Had OC played like they did against us that night at Gibson Co., they could've/would've been playing for a state championship.

Also, what about missed free throws in that game? You focus solely on that missed lay up, but you also had ALOT of missed free throws. Don't put all the blame on that one girl for missing a lay up.

When it came down to nut-cutting time in the biggest game of the year she relied on a teammate and her teammate failed...Period...

You like to refer to that game as well...It wasn't that OC played as a team back then, it was GC played poorly...

Me, fans, sportswriters, radio announcers and everyone else that has seen OC play have said the same thing....OC has to have other players step up...That is not earth-shattering, ground-breaking insight right there....I heard it all last year in the stands at OC games, oh Chassidy shoots too much, oh Chassidy is a ball-hog...Then when baby-girl would miss a lay-up on a pass from Chassidy, momma would say oh that's all right honey...Or, wow honey I guess you didn't expect the pass or some other bull-crap garbage...

Give the young lady her due and quit the half-hearted compliments that have dotted your posts about her for the last two years...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys stated earlier in the season that OC absolutely dominated that game, which they did. Now, you say GC played poorly. You're taking away an achievement that OC achieved this year in knocking off Gibson Co. by saying that the only reason OC won was because we played poorly. Yea, we did, but even if we played half way decent, OC was unstoppable that night. Fussell had a triple double and Macy finished with 29 in the game! Reedy was in foul trouble and didn't get to play much for us.

I've already gave my congratulations on here and even said she was a great player.

Also, you're hammering Mackenzie in what you are saying on here. You're moreless saying Mackenzie failed and cost OC the season, which is not the case considering you have said nothing about missed free throws in that game. You know, there was quite a few of them missed in that game and it was only a 1 point differential. What about your team defense that blew the lead and couldn't stop 1 player from Westview?

Earlier in the year, you said you were unbiased and had nothing to do with OC. Are you sure about that? Everything said about OC or Fussell, you have something to say about in reguards to defending OC.....

You guys stated earlier in the season that OC absolutely dominated that game, which they did. Now, you say GC played poorly. You're taking away an achievement that OC achieved this year in knocking off Gibson Co. by saying that the only reason OC won was because we played poorly. Yea, we did, but even if we played half way decent, OC was unstoppable that night. Fussell had a triple double and Macy finished with 29 in the game! Reedy was in foul trouble and didn't get to play much for us.

I've already gave my congratulations on here and even said she was a great player.

Also, you're hammering Mackenzie in what you are saying on here. You're moreless saying Mackenzie failed and cost OC the season, which is not the case considering you have said nothing about missed free throws in that game. You know, there was quite a few of them missed in that game and it was only a 1 point differential. What about your team defense that blew the lead and couldn't stop 1 player from Westview?

Earlier in the year, you said you were unbiased and had nothing to do with OC. Are you sure about that? Everything said about OC or Fussell, you have something to say about in reguards to defending OC.....

Just like ptguard12 pointed out to you in an earlier post....You give compliments in a back-handed sort of way...Chassidy is a great player, but.....The other girl that got nominated for Miss Basketball is good, but...OC played as a team against GC in the game at GC, but....See what I mean ??

Look....When it came down to THE critical point in the game what happened ??..Had the lay-up gone in it wouldn't have mattered whether or not they hit free throws....Acknowledge that...It goes both ways...Sure had OC hit all their free throws it MIGHT not have mattered...I DO KNOW ONE THING WITH PERFECT CLARITY...Had that lay-up went in OC would have won 51-50....Now let's end that debate...

I get very tired of people slighting what Chassidy has done....Chassidy is a good player, but...You know??...It gets very old....Allow me to let you in on something...I have no affiliation with OC basketball...I do however have one son that played football and graduated from OC,whom you know very well...Got another that is playing baseball this season and will play football next season...That's what affiliation I have to that school..Again,no earth-shattering , TMZ-like breaking news...I have been very transparent about who I follow...If I had my druthers it would be Union City, and I do follow them...I could rail on the basketball program, but I choose not to...It's not in the best interest of my son who has to walk up and down the halls of that school...That, I'm sure of...

Let's end this here...Chassidy Fussell is a great player who deserved that Miss Basketball Award..She will do very well at Texas...Heather Butler, Heather Griffin and Audrey Reedy are going to be part of something very special at UT-Martin....Congrats to the Gibson County Lady Pioneers...You young ladies proved to everyone that you are the very best in AA ball....

P&G, quit with the Fussell has no supporting cast. You insult those other girls. They are all good ball players. OC has a long and rich tradition of first rate bball. I've seen very few successful teams who all things are decided and dominated by ONE person. It shouldn't be up to one player to make the decision whether she has enough confidence in the other players to pass them the ball. That is a coach's job. And if a coach is relying on that one player to make all the decisions, well he/she ain't much of a coach. I take nothing whatsoever away from Chassidy as an individual player. She has exceptional skills, but I do think OC will fare better in the future, because they will have to play as a team, and for the last few years, that has not been the case. Now, with that all said, I wish Chassidy all the luck as she embarks on her college career at Texas, and congratulations on the Miss AA Basketball title. It was definitely a testament to 13AA for two of their players to be nominated. I have to say also, that there would have been no mistake if Amber Rechis from Westview was nominated as well. Congrats to all these girls on a wonderful high school career. It's truly been a pleasure to be able to watch such talent come from this area. :mrgreen:

Just like ptguard12 pointed out to you in an earlier post....You give compliments in a back-handed sort of way...Chassidy is a great player, but.....The other girl that got nominated for Miss Basketball is good, but...OC played as a team against GC in the game at GC, but....See what I mean ??

Look....When it came down to THE critical point in the game what happened ??..Had the lay-up gone in it wouldn't have mattered whether or not they hit free throws....Acknowledge that...It goes both ways...Sure had OC hit all their free throws it MIGHT not have mattered...I DO KNOW ONE THING WITH PERFECT CLARITY...Had that lay-up went in OC would have won 51-50....Now let's end that debate...

I get very tired of people slighting what Chassidy has done....Chassidy is a good player, but...You know??...It gets very old....Allow me to let you in on something...I have no affiliation with OC basketball...I do however have one son that played football and graduated from OC,whom you know very well...Got another that is playing baseball this season and will play football next season...That's what affiliation I have to that school..Again,no earth-shattering , TMZ-like breaking news...I have been very transparent about who I follow...If I had my druthers it would be Union City, and I do follow them...I could rail on the basketball program, but I choose not to...It's not in the best interest of my son who has to walk up and down the halls of that school...That, I'm sure of...

Let's end this here...Chassidy Fussell is a great player who deserved that Miss Basketball Award..She will do very well at Texas...Heather Butler, Heather Griffin and Audrey Reedy are going to be part of something very special at UT-Martin....Congrats to the Gibson County Lady Pioneers...You young ladies proved to everyone that you are the very best in AA ball....

1. I believe Chassidy gave a comment in the Jackson Sun that seemed a little unneccessary in her statement about beating Gibson again.

2. Wasn't Chassidy called for a walk at a crucial point in the game? One player and one play does not decide the outcome of any game. There are multiple missed opportunities in any given game.

3. What has Chassidy done for OC?

P&G, quit with the Fussell has no supporting cast. You insult those other girls. They are all good ball players. OC has a long and rich tradition of first rate bball. I've seen very few successful teams who all things are decided and dominated by ONE person. It shouldn't be up to one player to make the decision whether she has enough confidence in the other players to pass them the ball. That is a coach's job. And if a coach is relying on that one player to make all the decisions, well he/she ain't much of a coach. I take nothing whatsoever away from Chassidy as an individual player. She has exceptional skills, but I do think OC will fare better in the future, because they will have to play as a team, and for the last few years, that has not been the case. Now, with that all said, I wish Chassidy all the luck as she embarks on her college career at Texas, and congratulations on the Miss AA Basketball title. It was definitely a testament to 13AA for two of their players to be nominated. I have to say also, that there would have been no mistake if Amber Rechis from Westview was nominated as well. Congrats to all these girls on a wonderful high school career. It's truly been a pleasure to be able to watch such talent come from this area. :mrgreen:

Yeah, they proved that against Haywood didn't they ??

Look, I do expect OC will do fine next season...They will HAVE to go it alone....I think as much as Chassidy didn't have complete confidence in her teammates, I don't think her teammates had enough confidence in their own abilities....I think Macy is going to be a heckuva a player, she already is...She is going the AAU route, she is getting personal training from HaloHoops...I think McKenzie is a fine player...To be honest, and this is strictly rumor, I heard she played the Westview game with a broken jaw...If so she is tough player...Paige is going to be a player as well...She showed signs this season of things to come..She also displayed a little ice in her veins as well...Maybe she was just so young she didn't know any better :shock: ....Brandi, the 6'2" freshman is going to be a force and I'll give you another name to watch for...Billie Dee Pruett, she is another freshman that came in a few games and has a nice stroke...They have a couple of seniors-to-be that will get their chance as well...

As far as calling out the players...You know, this very thing has been talked about by radio announcers and been talked about by print media people...It isn't just me...It's not a dirty little secret...I think what the girls will do is use it to their advantage..I think they will work harder in practice and get better at their weaknesses...People need to develop a little thicker skin and quit trying to be so politically correct....I'm not new to having a kid on a team..I've heard the things people say...If it's warranted, I don't think anything about it...Now, if it's some of the garbage I've heard Central "fans" say about Chassidy, it's a different story...

LU_the_Eagle posted....

1. I believe Chassidy gave a comment in the Jackson Sun that seemed a little unneccessary in her statement about beating Gibson again.

2. Wasn't Chassidy called for a walk at a crucial point in the game? One player and one play does not decide the outcome of any game. There are multiple missed opportunities in any given game.

3. What has Chassidy done for OC?

1. I'd have to read it...

2. From everything I've heard it was very questionable...The Lady Rebels hit the wide-open lay-up at the end they win...Very Simple, I don't see how people can't get past that...I guess it's all the coach-speak they hear....

3.Oh, I'd say about 20 wins a year...That's all...

O.K...Since it was brought up, I went to the Jackson Sun....

Here are the two quotes from Fussell....

"I would have rather made state," Fussell said. I wish we could have gotten here and beat Gibson County again."

"I was booed when I won MVP of the district, so I was ready for it," Fussell said. " They don't boo bad players."

If I had not seen it brought up in this forum I wouldn't have given it another look...I guess she should have said "I wish we could have gotten here and beat South Greene."....I mean GC was the team to beat and they beat them in the regular season...So what ??..That's a reach to even mention that....

The fact that she was booed by the GC gathering probably had a bearing on what she said in first quote as well...I don't know though, I don't profess to be a mind reader...