Humboldt && Gleason Regional Championship

west15

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gleason outscored Humboldt, 19-7 in the 4th quarter.

Leading scorers:

GHS - Jenna Frazier 15, Taylor Stout 15, Kim Edenfield 12

HHS - Patra Hubbard 18, Keisha King 10

All-Region 7A Team:

McKenzie - Alex Gray

West Carroll - Morgan Woodard

Bradford - Molly Wallsmith

Dresden - Jessica Parsley

Greenfield - Katie McCall

Lake Co. - T.T. Flowers

Humboldt - Patra Hubbard, Keisha King

Gleason - Taylor Stout, Kim Edenfield

MVP - Jenna Frazier, Gleason

Coach of the Year - Joel Ayers, Gleason

Gleason - 47

Humboldt - 44

Final....

Congrats Gleason! Humboldt couldn't make free throws at end and kept shooting 3's when they had a 9 point lead. Also, missed two lay ups in the final minute. Humboldt down one with the ball with 17 seconds and takes a three don't understand that play call! Good luck to both teams in sub-state.

It is obvious that monster isn't from Gleason. Because a true Gleason fan never puts down one of our players or coaches nor any other team. We support our girls and only want the best for them. We celebrate each one of their accomplishments and only wish more honors for them. They bring such joy to our town and work harder than we could ever imagine. So congrats to all of the girls who brought another trophy back to Gleason and we are hoping for another Gold ball. I would just about bet that our Gleason girls don't care one bit about their individual honors, they just want that Gold ball.

Congratulations to the Lady Dawgs on a great win..You all played yours hearts out throughout this whole tournament. And no our girls don't need plaques or trophies to know they are all special, they know in their hearts, and yes they are proud of the girls who did get plaques and were named to tournament teams. Our whole town is proud of all the girls and of course our boys as well. They do Gleason proud even if they do not win, this group of young people still keep their heads up and move on. They play with pride and dignity and that does not come lightly, I'm sure every town is just as proud of their team as we are of ours. Keep up the good work and remember just take it one game and one day at a time..

And on the subject of tonights game, I just want to let Humboldt know that they have a fine group of players and they played their hearts out tonight as well..Hubbard and King are awesome as well as some others on the team (I just don't know their names) I'm not meaning to leave anyone out, but those two young ladies stand out to me..And I know they wanted it just as bad as we did..Congratulations to you all and good luck on Saturday as well.. :roll::?

Way to go Lady Dawgs!!!! :o:lol: