AAA State Tiurnament

bballrebounder

Unless I'm over looking it, there is not a lot of conversation about the AAA state tournament. I would like to read some information on each of the teams that will be there from their own fans. Anyway, with limited information on some of the teams, I'll be the first to make quarterfinal predictions:

Oak Ridge over Memphis Overton: I know Oak Ridge was the only team that was not ranked in the top 10 in the final AP poll, but if Jill Prudden has a team playing, I would never count them out. I really do not know anything about Overton.

Riverdale over Mt. Juliet: Mt. Juliet has one of the best post in the state in Williams, but Riverdale seems to be playing very good right now. I've seen Barbee play a lot and she is the real deal, and Haislip seems to be shooting very good right now.

Morristown West over Walker Valley: West has been #1 from the first poll to the last and their only loss was to Dallas Skyline, and that was without Goins. I do not know very much at all about Walker Valley, and I'm sure they are a very good team, but MY Lady Trojans are playing very good right now and I'm looking for them to be playing on Saturday, and my guess would be against Riverdale.

Memphis Central over Clarksville:Graves is awesome but Central is loaded. I think this will be a close game though.

Good luck to everyone!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone of these teams on any day can win. No one particularly is favored in any game. To predict is to quess. In AAA, this has to be the best field in some times. The second round may have some best chances due to depth. Each school will play their best. Some interesting concepts on formats on here. There should be some high level excitement in these games and some great crowds to see their schools play.

My prediction is Mount Juliet will beat Riverdale by 10 points. MJ lost at home after leading by 18 at halftime. They then reeled of 25 straight wins by totally shutting down District-9. They are playing as well as I've ever seen them and I saw every game this yr. To go to Clarksville and beat them after they destroyed Station Camp scoring 93 points and shutting them down to only 38 pts in there house :bored:

Britt Bell is all over the court, Caya Williams is a monster down low and those guards can knock down some threes. I look for a re-match in the finals with MJ and Clarksville.

MJ is a very good team and maybe the best in Tn.? If Riverdale gets down by 20 again like they did earlier this season at MJ it will be very difficult for Riverdale to come back again :lol: I just hope we can keep it close and some how find a way to win :| Both of these teams will have had 4 days to get ready for each other and this is one of those first round games that will fill and look alot like a championship is on the line. No predictions in this one, I just hope to hear that P.P.I. :D cheer when its all over. Get Ready LW!!!

This will be an incredible AAA tourney, really strong teams that have performed all year. I see MJ going pretty far, there is a lot of talk on the offensive prowess of the team but you have to really look at what is being produced defensively by this squad - game after game.

past that - look to Memphis Central, hungry!!!

Go MJ Lady Bears! :lol: