McMinn Central -vs- Gibson County for AA State Championship

blitzinbuc

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen McMinn play this year, but they have to be good to get to finals. From what I heard, they played a great game today. Both them and Westview played their best. I actually got to listen to the GC-SG game. Looks like GC was on fire after the first few minutes. Congratulations to GC and McMinn both for making it this far. I have to go with GC tomorrow though. They've been on it this entire tournament. It ought to be a close game though. I'll definitely be there. Good luck to Butler, Griffin, Reedy, and the rest of the Lady Pioneers!'

:roflol:

Well let's see....What can Russell use for a little extra motivation tomorrow ??...Hmmmmm....Oh, I know....Gibson County was unbeaten last year, won a state championship, has only lost one game this season and is ranked THIRD....McMinn @ #1....Yeah, that might work....

Waiting for the obligatory "If they need extra motivation..." Blah...Blah...Blah in 3-2-1....... :roflol:

I think GC could be the best team in entire tourney, but saying that Mcminn central can beat them, or it could be one sided if either team dosen't show up.When I look at box scores GC didn't beat Westview like Mcminn did and the refs were not a factor and did a good job for entire tourney.Missed some calls YES, but both ways not one sided and very consistant. GC is good but not good enough to overlook Mcminn but I believe GC will win.

I think GC could be the best team in entire tourney, but saying that Mcminn central can beat them, or it could be one sided if either team dosen't show up.When I look at box scores GC didn't beat Westview like Mcminn did and the refs were not a factor and did a good job for entire tourney.Missed some calls YES, but both ways not one sided and very consistant. GC is good but not good enough to overlook Mcminn but I believe GC will win.

Realistically, McMinn will have to play in over their heads to beat us. You can't just look at a box score and say that one team is better than the other because one team beat another worse etc. We've beaten Westview 12 straight times. Westview had you guys beat for 3 quarters until a major collapse in the fourth. McMinn will have no one quick enough to keep up with Butler, however you guys do have heigth in the post. I was expecting a decent game by South Greene today, but we all know how that turned out. I expect a good game from McMinn Central tomorrow. Good Luck and see you guys there!