IMAC Scoreboard

SHS1

How were the All District Players picked? Normally, the higher seeds gets the most and so on. I thought the players were picked based on play during this season's games. If you look at last season, 3 of the 8 teams were in different districts, so why would you look at that.

I know some of our fans really do not like Sevier Co. coach, but he is just a competitor. This looks really bad on IMAC coaches, they voted on popularity not on play. If all the coaches can honestly say Sevier Co has less talent, what does that say about the rest of the IMAC coaches. Either they voted immaturely, or the Sevier Co coach is a coaching savant. ;)

Congrats to Sevier Co.

Good luck in Region to Jeff Co and Sevier. Co

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that when the coaches met last week, they wanted 25 names from each coach, that was it. They did not want awards for pitcher of year, MVPs, offensive, defensive, Soph, Freshman, or Coach of the year. SC's coach talked them into at least MVPs (Flynn & Kirkland) and pitcher (not sure), but that was it. SC's 3rd selection came down to 4 players for the last 2 spots & was debated. Coach Traywick also asked the conference coaches to allow him to buy plaques for all the all district players out of the gate money, even though we only had 3, and the coaches said no. Only certificates were given out.

I understand opinions about Coach Traywick...fine line between Cocky & Confident. If he is your coach, you like him, if not, you don't. Anyone that has been around any kind of ball can relate to this kind of personality. He is a competitor, and it rubs off on the team!

Davy Crockett beat Science Hill 8-4 last night...deciding game tonight

As a fan in the stands watching the all district presentation last night, I was embarrassed for the IMAC. Regardless for the reason, SC derserved to have a least one more on the all district team (if not two). If they select an all tournament team, we will see if the coaches step up and make the proper selections. If this is a knock on the SC coach, it should not be taken out on the players. Do your talking on the field!!!

I was told that when the coaches met last week, they wanted 25 names from each coach, that was it. They did not want awards for pitcher of year, MVPs, offensive, defensive, Soph, Freshman, or Coach of the year. SC's coach talked them into at least MVPs (Flynn & Kirkland) and pitcher (not sure), but that was it. SC's 3rd selection came down to 4 players for the last 2 spots & was debated. Coach Traywick also asked the conference coaches to allow him to buy plaques for all the all district players out of the gate money, even though we only had 3, and the coaches said no. Only certificates were given out.

I understand opinions about Coach Traywick...fine line between Cocky & Confident. If he is your coach, you like him, if not, you don't. Anyone that has been around any kind of ball can relate to this kind of personality. He is a competitor, and it rubs off on the team!

Davy Crockett beat Science Hill 8-4 last night...deciding game tonight

I hope I was not misunderstood, I think SC Coach is a good coach, but i have seen ALOT of baseball most of which was in GA and AL. Coaches like him are either loved(mostly by his parents/team/fans) or hated (people who want him as their coach). Having said that, I like our coach, but he could use a little more fire.

I hope I was not misunderstood, I think SC Coach is a good coach, but i have seen ALOT of baseball most of which was in GA and AL. Coaches like him are either loved(mostly by his parents/team/fans) or hated (people who want him as their coach). Having said that, I like our coach, but he could use a little more fire.

No misunderstanding! I knew where your were coming from! Thanks for you understanding my original post! ;)

How were the All District Players picked? Normally, the higher seeds gets the most and so on. I thought the players were picked based on play during this season's games. If you look at last season, 3 of the 8 teams were in different districts, so why would you look at that.

I know some of our fans really do not like Sevier Co. coach, but he is just a competitor. This looks really bad on IMAC coaches, they voted on popularity not on play. If all the coaches can honestly say Sevier Co has less talent, what does that say about the rest of the IMAC coaches. Either they voted immaturely, or the Sevier Co coach is a coaching savant. :thumb:

Congrats to Sevier Co.

Good luck in Region to Jeff Co and Sevier. Co

I don't know about the rest of the All District Team but all 4 of the Jeff County players that made it batted way above .400 and were difference makers on the field. All 4 are deserving of the honor and will most likely play college ball if they want to. 3 of them did not make the team last year so it is not based on last season either. They just had a solid 2010 season.

Good luck to the Smoky Bears and Jeff County...Hope the IMAC can prevail!

Agree about the Jeff. players, good solid defensive players who have crushed the ball. I think the color purple is the most hidious color I have ever seen (hate SC and Furman both)! There coach does rub me the wrong way (kind of like Kiffen), but he gets results (not like Kiffen). It will be interesting to see how long he stays at SC

Agree about the Jeff. players, good solid defensive players who have crushed the ball. I think the color purple is the most hidious color I have ever seen (hate SC and Furman both)! There coach does rub me the wrong way (kind of like Kiffen), but he gets results (not like Kiffen). It will be interesting to see how long he stays at SC

It will be interesting.... he does get results, and will sure get offers to go elsewhere. Where is he originally from? What ties does he have to SC? Those are questions that may dictate how long he will be there. Not sure he reminds me of Kiffen .... more like a very young Saban. He rubbs a lot the wrong way, my wife cannot stand him, BUT I will ask you Red81KPsmash would you feel the same if he were your teams coach?

Coach Traywick is originally from Alabama. He has ties to Sevier Co, this is where his wife is from. As far as leaving, He already has had the opportunity & passed last year. Who knows what the future holds, but he has built a program. We have very talented underclassmen coming up and there is a solid youth movement in SC baseball with travel teams forming. The pipeline is there for quite a few years to come. In 5 years as the Smoky Bear Coach, he is sitting on 99 wins. Pretty Impressive whether you like him or not!!

As far as the other players on the All District Team, I did not say anything about them. It is just a shame that the team that wins the Regular Season Title & the Tournament doesn't have the talent to have more than 3 players selected!! What a slap at SC!! If the other teams were so much more talented than SC, they should have won the Championships!! So what happened?!? Like I said before, You can Wish all you want, but Sevier Co took care of business on the field!!!! We had one of the best pitchers in the district and hit .350, and 2 players that hit over .400 with one being a key pitcher also that did not make the team.

It will be interesting.... he does get results, and will sure get offers to go elsewhere. Where is he originally from? What ties does he have to SC? Those are questions that may dictate how long he will be there. Not sure he reminds me of Kiffen .... more like a very young Saban. He rubbs a lot the wrong way, my wife cannot stand him, BUT I will ask you Red81KPsmash would you feel the same if he were your teams coach?

If he wins (which he has done), I will take him. I think he probably treats his players with respect and the love his attitude. I think our job will be open.... but unless he pursues us, we will not get him. Our AD is too #### lazy to go out and get a quality coach. Just look at our football program!!

We had one of the best pitchers in the district and hit .350, and 2 players that hit over .400 with one being a key pitcher also that did not make the team.

I am guessing you were talking about the Houser kid, the one that pitched last night. He SHOULD have made it. Just from seeing three reg season games and three tournament games, I believe that your second basemen, catcher, the kid that plays 3rd and RF, and 1st basemen were VERY strong candidates for ALL District. Not saying anyone that made it shouldn't have, but SC's team is solid. The fact is they were first in season and honestly this is the first time I have witnessed a first place team not having the most members.

TSSAA should set standards on how awards with their name on it are selected. Should not be left up to coaches, they are after al human.

Coach Traywick is originally from Alabama. He has ties to Sevier Co, this is where his wife is from. As far as leaving, He already has had the opportunity & passed last year. Who knows what the future holds, but he has built a program. We have very talented underclassmen coming up and there is a solid youth movement in SC baseball with travel teams forming. The pipeline is there for quite a few years to come. In 5 years as the Smoky Bear Coach, he is sitting on 99 wins. Pretty Impressive whether you like him or not!!

As far as the other players on the All District Team, I did not say anything about them. It is just a shame that the team that wins the Regular Season Title & the Tournament doesn't have the talent to have more than 3 players selected!! What a slap at SC!! If the other teams were so much more talented than SC, they should have won the Championships!! So what happened?!? Like I said before, You can Wish all you want, but Sevier Co took care of business on the field!!!! We had one of the best pitchers in the district and hit .350, and 2 players that hit over .400 with one being a key pitcher also that did not make the team.

Maybe the other coaches didn't think those SC players were as good as others in the league. I realize that SC won the championship but maybe SC just had solid players from top to bottom with only 3 or 4 that really stood out. That Flynn kid is a no-brainer.....and personally, I thought Seymour had the most talented athletes in the league. SC folks should be basking in the glory of a championship and not whining about the all-district team, because in the end that championship year is what people will remember!