Another Wet Friday Night

OnlineLC

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as the high school quarterbacks are better at taking wet snaps than UT's Casey Clausen, everybody will be alright. Clausen should go back to little league or something and learn how to do it right. And after what I sat through Saturday in Knoxville, no amount of rain will stop me this week to go see Anderson County and Clinton. It's bound to be a better game than UT and Florida.

If it kills an expected good gate and tears up the field - it makes no sense not to postpone. With all the county governments bailing on funding extra corricular activities - these coaches have already budgeted their big gate and many can't afford not to get that green. A lot of time, it's already spent.

Posted by SCRAPPY:

If it kills an expected good gate and tears up the field - it makes no sense not to postpone. With all the county governments bailing on funding extra corricular activities - these coaches have already budgeted their big gate and many can't afford not to get that green. A lot of time, it's already spent.

AMEN! We have had two "rain gates" and it has cut into our funds! I don't mind playing football in the rain, because it rains on both teams... but if it is a home game, it costs the home team lots of money! The crowds are cut in half during most rain games and it can really hurt small schools! It makes more sense to put off the game until Saturday or Monday, if you can do so, if you know that it is going to pour down rain like it did last Friday night.

I agree with the guys about the wet rorn up fields, The coaches and volunteers work very hard on these fields and it is a shame to see them torn up with a monsoon. The gate money is very important, Couny money is so tight that the programs need every penny it can get in gate money. I know it is fun to play in the mud for the guys, but there are a lot of factors to consider when a game is postponed. Let's back our officials and coaches when they make these decisions and do the best we can and support our teams.

Go Big Blue :)