Oneida spring 2010

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The young men are working hard, getting ready for spring games. I saw Cody Stephens, and some of the freshmen . I think they ready to defend again after another large group of seniors leave?

when are your scrimmages?

We have a 3-way scrimmage @ York w/them & Monterey on May 21. :bored:Not sure on the time yet.

Who will be the new defensive coordinator. Heard TL is headed for Scott High. Was shocked to hear it, but have heard it from too many sources not to have some truth to it.

Rumors are alway floating around. The most important thing is Coach Brewster is back and the reality is our Indians are gonna be pretty young. THIS would be the year to predict that Oneida will loose some games due to graduating a bunch of seniors.

Either way, I'm pretty excited. There are some good upper classmen to watch. The Stephens kid is really good. Lightening fast, about 6'-4", long arms and can pull fullbacks down with one paw. Got that corn-fed strength. Dirty is back and healthy. Lil Hood is a tough player. He will be fun to watch along with Masengill. Those boys will crack some helmets. Plus, Oneida has a huge sophomore class that does nothing but work on getting better, 24/7.

I'm just glad to talk about a lil football. Keep working in the weight room boys. The seeds you plant in the spring is the harvest you reap in the Fall.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it is more like waiting to see where the chips settle at the end of the day. Turmoil implies that things aren't getting done because of unrest or derision. All them boys running the other day says otherwise, in my book. Life isn't a bed of Roses, you know! Everything will settle into it's own little nitch before too long.....I believe. Spring ball is just around the corner on the Reservation!

Kaz :roflol:

Didn't mean to offend with the use of the word "turmoil". I have a ton of respect for the Oneida program & have no doubt that the staff & players are working hard & will be well prepared this fall. Kaz you said it well, I guess "settle into place" is a better way of phrasing it than I did. Probably not a lot of discussion because not many are sure how things are gonna shake out just yet. Anyway best of luck this season, I will be pulling for the Orange & White on Fridays & Saturdays.

Not much talk about the Indians this spring, guess the reservation is in a little turmoil. :thumb:

My Indians are fine. My Steelers are in turmoil! I hope we pick up big Dan Williams.

So much for the Dan Williams deal, at least my boys got the guy I wanted. Hope he don't turn out to be a Dale Carter.

But anyway Smashmouth, good luck to the Injuns. Hope you guys get to keep You're defensive mastermind. Lambert is a good one. With a name like that ,what would you expect.