Collinwood coach is out

shustrang

It will likely be a very long year in Collinwood. 12A is loaded this year with Wayne County, Summertown, Loretto, and Perry County all having very experienced teams. Collinwood has little to no experience, and despite what a couple of relatives in the stands may think, there is no real go-to player either. Finding a quality coach will be difficult for Collinwood because what top-tier coach would want to go there when administration just ran off a very good coach.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Heard from a reliable source today that Coach Morris has been moved up to the head coaching position at Summertown High School. Coach Willard left his beloved Lady Eagles to coach the Wayne County boys! This is a major shake-up in 12A....

Why would Coach Willard leave after the school year started and for that matter, leave a Summertown team that has some talent for at least the next couple of seasons? He's been there a long time (Summertown) hasn't he?

Why would Coach Willard leave after the school year started and for that matter, leave a Summertown team that has some talent for at least the next couple of seasons? He's been there a long time (Summertown) hasn't he?

I know, I am a little shocked myself. I have had it confirmed by three different sources, but it is still very hard to believe. I was trying to think back to how long ago it was that Willard went from being Byrd's assistant at Wayne County to coaching at Summertown. I want to say he has been at the school for around 12 - 15 years, but I'm not exactly sure.

Edited by ptguard12

Morris a good coach? Two division 1 players on a single A team without going to the state? Not good......horrible in fact. A blind man could have coached that team to success. He hasn't had much talent since but it wouldn't have mattered if he did. I feel sorry for Stown if he is in fact their new head coach. He'll be sure to kill their program as well. And no, I'm not a Luker fan.....just stating the facts.

Morris a good coach? Two division 1 players on a single A team without going to the state? Not good......horrible in fact. A blind man could have coached that team to success. He hasn't had much talent since but it wouldn't have mattered if he did. I feel sorry for Stown if he is in fact their new head coach. He'll be sure to kill their program as well. And no, I'm not a Luker fan.....just stating the facts.

Since you are stating the facts you need to get the facts correct. He led Collinwood to the state tournament during the 2006-07 season while coaching both the girls and boys teams. The girls went 29-5 and the boys were 21-10. (See if you can do the math. Count slow. Never mind, I"ll do it for you. Thats 50-15. Man thats horrible!!!) This was his third year as boys coach after taking over a team that had 1 win the year before he got there. This was only his second year as girls coach and was Andrews and Daniels Jr. year. In five years as the Trojanettes coach his teams had a 108-38 record. The program was really in the grave during that time!! Some may not like him, but to his credit, he is a proven winner. Before speaking about anything in life it is always important that you know the facts and know something about the subject matter you are about to discuss.

There always are a few teams that "come and go" to worry about while a particularly talented class passes through,then there are the schools that seem to be at another level,and you expect them to be a tough out year after year.Coach Morris has had the Lady Trojans on everyones radar for a long time,and has my respect for that.Scotts Hill has faced Collinwood a few times over the years,and they have always been one of the teams that,when the scedule comes out,you expect a battle without having to ask"how are they this year?".I'm sorry to hear about the coaching change,and I'd like to wish 'Coach well,and the Trojan fans too. :thumb: