New Lake Co. Boys Basketball coach

mrbigster

lakecountyfan007. Seems you have some kind of ax to grind with Coach Barger. Lets see you want to talk about his coaching record at chatt. central. Well let me clarify a few things for ya big guy. 1. The Pounders were 6-24 the three years before Barger. He led them to their first playoff appearance in 6 years this year. They spent 2 weeks ranked in the Class 4A top ten. Played in one of the toughest Districts in the state and had 7 of the 10 teams they played were playoff qualifiers. They are building a brand new practice field and have more players in the program than in many years, including 34 upcoming sophomores. Believe me he was nowhere close to the hotseat big guy. I know it was just middle school but Dawn owns victories over Humbolt, Union City and Trenton as well with these same players. You have disscenters and naysayers everywhere but I know the Bargers are excited to be back in LC and look forward to competing again. Heard the ole dance before, Barger can't win playoff game blah blah blah Then LC makes it to the Quarters and are a play away from the boro. Some people are never happy!!

We true LC Fans know Coach B put LC Football back on the map his first tenure here that was almost a dead sport for us and now I feel as well as others he will put together a better program that he left from and possibly another gold ball in the case for us and for Ms. Coach B having the talent that she left here coaching in high school now could possibly put the first Gold Basketball in the case as well. We welcome back Coach Barger's and glad for them to call LAKE COUNTY HOME!!!!!!! and for all the nay sayer's don't hate on the coaches or players just hate on the game they each coach. We will be back on top just wait and see. B):roll:B):thumb::roll:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this is going to be a disaster but who knows with the liberalization of our society and the reversal of gender roles this might work...after all most female athletes would rather play for a man because they are more tougher and disciplined than their male counterparts. this could work. :thumb:

I don't know Coach Whitby very well personally but is there really a right way for letting him go.Some will say Lake Co should have came and told him instead of him having to go to them after hearing rumours.He offered to coach free.He wasn't doing any coaching.This wasn't a 1 year thing.Like Speller and others have said.He hasn't been a legend at Lake Co,no matter about the wins.He says coaching high school and a woamn coaching boys is different.Thing is.Lake Co has been winning with NO coach.IThe Kim Decker situation is different.She didn't have any talent.The team Dyersburg had this year was far more talented than the team she had .And Lake Co beat this years Dyersburg team by around 10 points.Plus,Dyersburg is playing teams like Northside,Ripley,Haywood.not Gleason,Bradford etc.So the comparison he's making puts Coach Decker down in my opinion.I believe she would have done betetr this year.Coach Barger has a lot of talent returning.We'll see.!

Let's see... The only thing interesting about Coach Whitby's seasons at LC was which one of his cronies from Obion Co. he was gonna have come and sit beside him on the bench and tell him how great he used to be. Other than standing up about once a quarter and pointing to the court he did no coaching at all. He couldn't handle the kids, just talk to one of them and they will tell you "we did whatever we wanted to". Practice, we are talking practice here.There was no practice at LC. There were no designed offenses ran, they just showed up and played street ball. With the talent that passed through while he was here he should have had the 20 win seasons he had, but maybe that talent could have done more. A lot of people say with the talent he had he should have made LC a powerhouse. I don't know, I have seen a lot of LC's games in the last several years... I didn't see any coaching. Good guy and once a very good coach. Maybe OC or UC will make room for the so called legend. I see it as a win win for LC. Welcome back Bargers!

Let's see... The only thing interesting about Coach Whitby's seasons at LC was which one of his cronies from Obion Co. he was gonna have come and sit beside him on the bench and tell him how great he used to be. Other than standing up about once a quarter and pointing to the court he did no coaching at all. He couldn't handle the kids, just talk to one of them and they will tell you "we did whatever we wanted to". Practice, we are talking practice here.There was no practice at LC. There were no designed offenses ran, they just showed up and played street ball. With the talent that passed through while he was here he should have had the 20 win seasons he had, but maybe that talent could have done more. A lot of people say with the talent he had he should have made LC a powerhouse. I don't know, I have seen a lot of LC's games in the last several years... I didn't see any coaching. Good guy and once a very good coach. Maybe OC or UC will make room for the so called legend. I see it as a win win for LC. Welcome back Bargers!

You wouldn't want a bench with two Siscos and a Whitby on the same sideline in this district.... :roflol:

The OC thing isn't that far retched though....Kail was an assistant under Whitby at OC ... If Whitby didn't get another job somewhere, I could see Kail asking him to assist him in some capacity....

Purple,

How crazy would it be to see two Sisco's and a Whitby on the same bench? I think you are absolutely right to say that not many teams would want to face that scenario :thumb:

I don't know if Whitby would sit with "CRY BOY" and the old man. I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit with him. Can anyone accept the fact that Whitby can't coach anymore? It's over.

lakecountyfan007. Seems you have some kind of ax to grind with Coach Barger. Lets see you want to talk about his coaching record at chatt. central. Well let me clarify a few things for ya big guy. 1. The Pounders were 6-24 the three years before Barger. He led them to their first playoff appearance in 6 years this year. They spent 2 weeks ranked in the Class 4A top ten. Played in one of the toughest Districts in the state and had 7 of the 10 teams they played were playoff qualifiers. They are building a brand new practice field and have more players in the program than in many years, including 34 upcoming sophomores. Believe me he was nowhere close to the hotseat big guy. I know it was just middle school but Dawn owns victories over Humbolt, Union City and Trenton as well with these same players. You have disscenters and naysayers everywhere but I know the Bargers are excited to be back in LC and look forward to competing again. Heard the ole dance before, Barger can't win playoff game blah blah blah Then LC makes it to the Quarters and are a play away from the boro. Some people are never happy!!

well said DAWG!

Purple,

How crazy would it be to see two Sisco's and a Whitby on the same bench? I think you are absolutely right to say that not many teams would want to face that scenario :thumb:

I don't know if Whitby would sit with "CRY BOY" and the old man. I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit with him. Can anyone accept the fact that Whitby can't coach anymore? It's over.

I'm with Falcon75.I wish Whitby would go and sit on the bench with both Sisco's.The people from Bion Co are remembering him from 10 to 15 years ago.People.he isn't the same coach.End of story.Maybe him being on the bench with them will let those Obion Co people see this also.People change in 15 to 20 years.Kinda like the hot pretty cheerleader that everyone on the team was wanting to date.Then 20 years later at the school reunion.what in the world happened?Couldn't get a date with a scarecrow.He hasn't done any coaching in a while people.Just sits there and watches the games like the fans.If people that have jobs go to work everyday and they do their job very well..that's great.then that employee starts slipping and isn't doing his or her job as well.maybe let them slide awhile .maybe things going on.samd as in Whitby's case .but after 2 or 3 years of not getting any work.going to have to make a move.Just read that Lake Co fired the Water Superintentant.Has been there awhile.Guess what.he was fired for evidentely not doing the job.Same here.I wish my employer would just let to do nothing and get paid.Whitby wass't a teacher.Came to work or came to the gym about an hour a day.Looks like he had done very well the past several seasons.!

Purple,

You're right.It would really make a lot of teams scared.And a lot of fans also.So scared that you'd have to have emercency personel on hand in case Whitby moved.!