AAA State Tournament

mjuhb

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as a devoted Bearden fan, i'm bound to make excuses. So here they are.

Adam Wojnar broke his shoulder in the previous game. Both All-State players and senior captains on Bearden's team were out with injury. (Patrick Harmony and Alex Wilkerson)

When Bearden beat Hendersonville in the regular season, Wilkerson was the one that scored.

Well as a devoted Bearden fan, i'm bound to make excuses. So here they are.

Adam Wojnar broke his shoulder in the previous game. Both All-State players and senior captains on Bearden's team were out with injury. (Patrick Harmony and Alex Wilkerson)

When Bearden beat Hendersonville in the regular season, Wilkerson was the one that scored.

Psh, bearden was completely and totally outplayed, they were not even same league as hendersonville. Hville has injuries of their own, so your excuses are completely and utterly pathetic.

alright well first of all hats off to continental, actually hats off to bristol. i hate to say this we got knocked out by 1 person. also if you weren't at the game please don't talk alright thanks. everyone is overlooking the reason why continental were successful, running a 4-5-1 with everyone back is not the reason why. we have faced teams playing that formation before all it does is make the game awfully boring. the main reason was their keeper bristol, he made outstanding saves and completely shut down our game plan that has worked on 24 teams, but with a keeper the size of a tower nothing went through. we made a huge mistake in the back resulting in a goal which cost us the game, but hey #### happens right. someone said earlier that we shouldn't be ashamed or anything, which is correct we aren't. we got an amazing once in a life time opportunity and made the best of it, we had loads of fun this season the end wasn't really what we expected but that's how life is (it's not like we haven't won a state title before anyways). and again if you did not see the game do not post alright no one wants to hear your made up facts and reasons the game ended as it did. both teams played with everything on the line unfortunately we were a missing a few key players, continental made the best of their chance and we didn't. At least bearden wont be winning the tittle either right =)

Should be a great game on Friday. It will be interesting to see how both teams control their emotions and try to keep their focus after huge semifinal wins.

Hendersonville seems to be peaking at the right time and they are definitely full of confidence right now. I think they may ride that emotion to a state championship. They are clearly the favorite, but that places a little more pressure on them to win since no one seems to be giving Centennial much of a chance.

I personally think the team that scores first will win the game.

Good luck to both teams!

alright well first of all hats off to continental, actually hats off to bristol. i hate to say this we got knocked out by 1 person. also if you weren't at the game please don't talk alright thanks. everyone is overlooking the reason why continental were successful, running a 4-5-1 with everyone back is not the reason why. we have faced teams playing that formation before all it does is make the game awfully boring. the main reason was their keeper bristol, he made outstanding saves and completely shut down our game plan that has worked on 24 teams, but with a keeper the size of a tower nothing went through. we made a huge mistake in the back resulting in a goal which cost us the game, but hey #### happens right. someone said earlier that we shouldn't be ashamed or anything, which is correct we aren't. we got an amazing once in a life time opportunity and made the best of it, we had loads of fun this season the end wasn't really what we expected but that's how life is (it's not like we haven't won a state title before anyways). and again if you did not see the game do not post alright no one wants to hear your made up facts and reasons the game ended as it did. both teams played with everything on the line unfortunately we were a missing a few key players, continental made the best of their chance and we didn't. At least bearden wont be winning the tittle either right =)

ok well first off its centennial. And giving credit to bristol is a poor choice sure he is an amazing keeper and yeah, without him the game probly wouldnt have turned out the same. but if farrguts offence is what they are said to be they should be smarter and place the ball in the lower corners on the ground which didnt happen once if i can recal all i remember is bristol making high saves which being 6"7 isnt too difficult. you cnt be blaming one player for farrgut loosing the centennail team did a good job at holding off farrgut as a whole and farrgut didnt make the shots low in the corner which is obviosly how you should on such a large keeper. he has been scored on more than 7 times this year which were all basicly low corner shots. the centennail soccer team has great players not just an "unstopable" keeper. good luck to both teams in the finals and congrats to centennail on the win. Its unfortunate farrgut couldnt pull one of the last games out but the had an incredible season.

Farragut had a great season and fell short of a state championship. Could not be anymore proud of all my players the entire year. For those that have said "Centennial only had 1 player", that is not true. The whole team played their hearts out, and should be commended on being in the State Championship Match. Yes, the GK is a monster, (and he is the best player I have ever seen at his position), but they have a great team, and great coach. It was a great game, and was not dirty from either side. Just a hard fought 80 minutes. It was their time, and they have a great program. We outshot them 22-3, and had the ball in their half for most of the game. Just could not get it done. We did not lose because of effort. Im sure a lot of people are satisfied that we lost, and that is understandable. If there was another team that was 24-0, I would want someone to knock them off too! Thats what makes it fun, and thats why we play the game.

I think Centennial will win.

Best of luck to both teams.......

-Farragut Assistant Coach

Wow, I am amazed at how ridiculous someone can sound. I'm so glad the assistant coach from Farragut responded and was so gracious---otherwise, people would think all Farragut fans/students/parents are this stupid. I WAS there--not as a Centennial or Farragut fan. What cost the game was not scoring, regardless of the opposition's formation. Both teams played hard. Don't take away from either of them by being ignorant.