Preseason Class 1A Coaches Poll

croz6110

I just hope Union City is that good again because the Pirates who I love got just what they needed last year and that is punched in the mouth. Don't look for it again. I Promise You we will do the Punching this year!!

It'll be hard to replace Josh Nicks at FB. He was a great athlete and wasn't afraid to deliver a hit. They also lost Mr. Football line candidate, Ronnie Fair. That's two HUGE losses off of last years team. I love Union City's veer offense, but I'm not sure if they'll make it back to the 'boro this year.

Or Cookeville. :roflolk:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RANK TEAM FIRST PLACE VOTES

Seems like an accurate poll. I may be a homer, but I'd have Gordonsville higher.

And, I thought Knox Grace got a postseason ban. If they did why put them in the top 10?

Any thoughts?

I would not want to admit to being a homer on these boards. :lol: Butchie will never let you live it down. :blush: Check out the definitions online @ urban dictionary.com for "homer". Interesting stuff. :roflol: Go Tigers!!!

Looks like an accurate poll "TEAM WISE". Several of the rankings could be different. In my opinion, the defending Champs (Union City) should be ranked number 1 until proven otherwise. Pirates will be good again, but lets hold off on putting them at the top. Alot of us were humbled last year, so lets be cautiously optimistic this year. Go Pirates

I'm not saying that Union City wont be any good this year, because they're always pretty good. But, they lost something like 15 or 16 Seniors off of last years team, and most of them started, or played a lot. So, they have some rebuilding to do this year. I doubt they'll finish in the top 10.

Ronnie Fair graduated. Josh Nicks graduated. Will Arnold graduated. They lost a lot. But, UC always does seem to reload. They have a lot of natural talent over there.

I'm not saying that Union City wont be any good this year, because they're always pretty good. But, they lost something like 15 or 16 Seniors off of last years team, and most of them started, or played a lot. So, they have some rebuilding to do this year. I doubt they'll finish in the top 10.

Ronnie Fair graduated. Josh Nicks graduated. Will Arnold graduated. They lost a lot. But, UC always does seem to reload. They have a lot of natural talent over there.

They had 14 seniors...11 of them played....They had a real thin junior class last season so they will be extremely young this season...They have good young talent that will be tough to beat the next few years...This will be an interesting year...Everyone will be gunning for them because of the state championship...If they get off to a good start they will just get better...It's hard to imagine the Tornadoes being the second ranked team in the state with the tremendous talent they graduated....When you only have a 26 man (10-12) roster and lose 14 of them it's tough to expect a whole lot....

They had 14 seniors...11 of them played....They had a real thin junior class last season so they will be extremely young this season...They have good young talent that will be tough to beat the next few years...This will be an interesting year...Everyone will be gunning for them because of the state championship...If they get off to a good start they will just get better...It's hard to imagine the Tornadoes being the second ranked team in the state with the tremendous talent they graduated....When you only have a 26 man (10-12) roster and lose 14 of them it's tough to expect a whole lot....

We lost 14 also and our Jr class was smaller than the last 3 0r 4. Our young players will have to step up. Mighty high expectations for both UC and SP considering the losses but when you have a winning program I guess it is to be expected

We lost 14 also and our Jr class was smaller than the last 3 0r 4. Our young players will have to step up. Mighty high expectations for both UC and SP considering the losses but when you have a winning program I guess it is to be expected

wayne co will have a lot to replace but they have the depth to do so but they will have to replace the both running backs and fb and 3 of their 4 linebackers soit will be nice to see how they handle the pressure of a season like last year and come in being ranked number 3

RANK TEAM FIRST PLACE VOTES

1 South Pittsburg 15

2 Union City 5

3 Wayne County 4

4 Jo Byrns 0

5 Huntingdon 1

6 Gordonsville 2

7 Knxoville Grace 1

8 Harriman 0

9 Perry County 0

10 tie Collinwood 0

10 tie Lake County 0

Seems like an accurate poll. I may be a homer, but I'd have Gordonsville higher.

And, I thought Knox Grace got a postseason ban. If they did why put them in the top 10?

Any thoughts?

I'd rank Onion City #1 out of Courtesy and South Pittsburg #2. I could see Gordonsville being #3 and maybe even tied with the Pirates. The rest of them looks about right except Grace should be out of there and Greenback in their place.