5A/6A District 11

Preseason Poll  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which two teams will finish first and second?

• Brentwood
    • Centennial
    • Franklin
    • Hillsboro
    • Independence
    • Ravenwood

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood and Franklin have been at the top of this region/district before this group of seniors were in kindergarten. They have THE most stability at the top- and it shows. They have programs-not just teams. Ravenwood made a successful run when Daniels/Rector was there, but seemed to have slipped recently. If Indy gets off to a fast start, they could make some noise. If they don't, Dyson will have a problem. Centennial has to beat Franklin and/or Brentwood to be taken seriously. They've come dangerously close at times-but at others have been outmatched. Hillsboro is in a state of flux. The change to the new district did them no favors.

Brentwood and Franklin have been at the top of this region/district before this group of seniors were in kindergarten. They have THE most stability at the top- and it shows. They have programs-not just teams. Ravenwood made a successful run when Daniels/Rector was there, but seemed to have slipped recently. If Indy gets off to a fast start, they could make some noise. If they don't, Dyson will have a problem. Centennial has to beat Franklin and/or Brentwood to be taken seriously. They've come dangerously close at times-but at others have been outmatched. Hillsboro is in a state of flux. The change to the new district did them no favors.

well said and a great point. :roflol:

Hope for Indy's sake thats true. Coaching has been a huge problem there ever since Eubanks was head coach. Even though in his first year they went to state but no one could of screwed up that team with that kinda talent they had. They could of been a lot better than 11-5, but it deff went downhill from that year. With NFL exprience at the helm and a former DC back, Coach Bobby, who all the players love for his intensity. And yet again the offense will be different but will look a lot like the 07 team's offensive style, a lot of depth at the WR and RB posistions. Starting out with 50%of pass and 50%of run. But the question will be a run first and open up the passing lanes or vice versa. Plus with 4 offensive linemen returning it should work out. This year's success could set the tone for the program's next couple of years.

Yes im an Indy alum but i still think that Indy has a lot of talent but in the beginning of the year Dyson and the players should get in the swing of things and should get hot late in the season. BTW tough schedule all opponents in top 50 of 300 schools in TN. 4 out of them being in the top ten.

For the first two playoff spots Franklin and Brentwood of course. And i actually think Centennial could have a sleeper year. Those young guys remember all the beat downs they took last year and if their coach could light a fire underneath them they could do great things. But its a big IF

1.Brentwood

2.Franklin

3.Independence

4.Ravenwood

5.Centennial

6.Hillsboro

Mack, have you been out to see any of the ihs scrimmages thus far? I was able to get out for the BGA and again last night vs Lincoln County, from what I can tell, ihs has a lot of work to do and that is putting it mildly. I did not make it to the Dickson County scrimmage last week, but reports I got were that ihs struggled bigtime and really looked bad. The offense looks nothing like the 07 offense...which leads me to believe you have not been out to see them or maybe you have no idea what you are talking about. This offense looks to be in disarray. And this depth you speak of, where is it, maybe they should use it more. It is quite obvious that the loss of Heckman to graduation will hurt. The kids at the QB spot right now need a lot of work. The defense needs to learn how to tackle plain and simple. So as far as ihs goes, I believe the eagles may be in for a long season. Unfortunately, I think this year will be the year that sends ihs on a downward spiral. Besides coaching, the schedule and new school that will rob ihs of players after this year will do them in.

As far as projections for the district:

1. Brentwood - Some key players back and very well coached program.

2. Franklin - Lost some really good players and coaches, not real sure they will finish this high.

3. Ravenwood - 3 thru 6 is really anyones for the taking.

4. Centennial - I do agree with you that this team is the sleeper in the area.

5. Independence - See above

6. Hillsboro - Out of their league.

Mack, have you been out to see any of the ihs scrimmages thus far? I was able to get out for the BGA and again last night vs Lincoln County, from what I can tell, ihs has a lot of work to do and that is putting it mildly. I did not make it to the Dickson County scrimmage last week, but reports I got were that ihs struggled bigtime and really looked bad. The offense looks nothing like the 07 offense...which leads me to believe you have not been out to see them or maybe you have no idea what you are talking about. This offense looks to be in disarray. And this depth you speak of, where is it, maybe they should use it more. It is quite obvious that the loss of Heckman to graduation will hurt. The kids at the QB spot right now need a lot of work. The defense needs to learn how to tackle plain and simple. So as far as ihs goes, I believe the eagles may be in for a long season. Unfortunately, I think this year will be the year that sends ihs on a downward spiral. Besides coaching, the schedule and new school that will rob ihs of players after this year will do them in.

As far as projections for the district:

1. Brentwood - Some key players back and very well coached program.

2. Franklin - Lost some really good players and coaches, not real sure they will finish this high.

3. Ravenwood - 3 thru 6 is really anyones for the taking.

4. Centennial - I do agree with you that this team is the sleeper in the area.

5. Independence - See above

6. Hillsboro - Out of their league.

I have to agree that Indy is in a world of hurt. I have a buddy I use to work with that lives in Dickson County and has a son on the team. He told me this morning that DC beat Indy pretty soundly while last night DC's ones beat Centennial's ones by just a field goal. Centennial very well could be the sleeper while it looks as though Indy has fallen on rough times.

On another note, I've attended one Ravenwood srimmage and was not impressed. For every good play there were two bad ones. I'm not so sure I would rank them third but do agree that spots 3 through 6 are wide open for the taking behind Brentwood and Franklin.

I have to agree that Indy is in a world of hurt. I have a buddy I use to work with that lives in Dickson County and has a son on the team. He told me this morning that DC beat Indy pretty soundly while last night DC's ones beat Centennial's ones by just a field goal. Centennial very well could be the sleeper while it looks as though Indy has fallen on rough times.

On another note, I've attended one Ravenwood srimmage and was not impressed. For every good play there were two bad ones. I'm not so sure I would rank them third but do agree that spots 3 through 6 are wide open for the taking behind Brentwood and Franklin.

One small correction, Dickson County did not score on Centennial's 1st team defense. Field goals in that scrimmage were mulligans. 10 play series with an option to kick on play 11 for practice.

Ha obviously only read part of what i said. I said that this year could set the tone and i did hear about the DC scrimmage kinda hard to switch from a triple option offense back to a I-Form. Eubanks screwed them over. Plus i heard it was the second team who got the whooping. I did say it would take a while during the season to get in the swing of things. I ment the offensive style not the actual talent dum dum. IM NOT THAT STUPID lol. No way are these batch of wide outs and backs even close to the ones in 07. I just ment instead of seeing an all pass offense like in 08 or an all run in 09. You'll see a balance of the plays beening called. I dont even think Indy will make the playoffs. But good coaching goes a long way.

1. Brentwood-Easy choice with senior QB coming back and host of good players around him.They also play a great schedule to get the Bruins ready for a playoff run.

2/3. Franklin/Centennial- Will be decided early with a Sept.3rd matchup at

Centennial

4/5. Ravenwood/Indy-Oh, how the might has fallen, doesn't look good for either team right now- but things can change fast in HS Football

6. Hillsboro- It's Metro Football..What else do you need to know

Hogan's Preseason Predictions :thumb:

Edited by Hoganknows

Ha obviously only read part of what i said. I said that this year could set the tone and i did hear about the DC scrimmage kinda hard to switch from a triple option offense back to a I-Form. Eubanks screwed them over. Plus i heard it was the second team who got the whooping. I did say it would take a while during the season to get in the swing of things. I ment the offensive style not the actual talent dum dum. IM NOT THAT STUPID lol. No way are these batch of wide outs and backs even close to the ones in 07. I just ment instead of seeing an all pass offense like in 08 or an all run in 09. You'll see a balance of the plays beening called. I dont even think Indy will make the playoffs. But good coaching goes a long way.

"IM NOT THAT STUPID" You so sure about that?

The tone that I have seen so far is very alarming to me, as well as others that have been out to see the scrimmages so far. I know they are only scrimmages, but I tell it like I see it. It is quite obvious that Dyson is not ready for this, which we all worried about when he was named the head coach. You are right, it will take a while to get into the swing of things, the problem is ihs does not have a while. As I mentioned, this "good" coaching you speak of, the schedule and new school will take its toll on ihs football.

Your stupidity shows when you say things like "I dont even think Indy will make the playoffs. But good coaching goes a long way." You get on here and speak so highly of the talent, the balance of play calling we will see this year, and good coaching, but you do not think they will make the playoffs? Your ignorance shows when you are already blaming the former coach for all the problems that ihs football is facing now and will face down the road. For ihs football sake, they need support, not excuses. Who is the dum dum?

As I look at the ihs schedule, I am not sure that ihs will win a game until Hillsboro. I hope I am wrong, but from what I see and hear, the wheels are losing lugnuts fast, and I am not so sure I have not seen a wheel on the side of Hwy 31 already.

I plan to attend the Siegel game to form a better opinion.

Good luck to the eagles!

1. Brentwood-Easy choice with senior QB coming back and host of good players around him.They also play a great schedule to get the Bruins ready for a playoff run.

Centennial

4/5. Ravenwood/Indy-Oh, how the might has fallen, doesn't look good for either team right now- but things can change fast in HS Football

Hogan, where do you get the idea that Centennial can contend for the #2 spot? I know they have some experience coming back, but those same players recorded a 1-9 season last year. I can maybe see them sneaking by Indy and Ravenwood, two programs that are really down this year. But you honestly think they could finish ahead of Franklin, a team they have never beaten before in their program's history?

Centennial

:roflol::roflolk: I can't stop laughing! Centennial as a possible second??? Come on Hogan. No way ANYONE in this district pushes Franklin or Brentwood. District winner decided week 10. The rest of them fight for 3rd which is a very distant 3rd!!!

Rebels rebounded from a not so good showing against Smryna to a better performance against Hunters Lane. The defense is getting better and better. We still need to tackle better but at least the coaches are attacking the offense. The boys love blitzing and making big hits!!!! The Offense is just being steady. Nice drive for a touchdown vs. Hunters Lane. Still need to protect the QB better so that Matt has time to throw. When he doesn't have time is when we have been throwing the interceptions. When the O line protects then Big Matt is right on target. Watch out guys. The rebels are going to get all of the injured players back soon and we will be rolling!

:roflol::roflolk: I can't stop laughing! Centennial as a possible second??? Come on Hogan. No way ANYONE in this district pushes Franklin or Brentwood. District winner decided week 10. The rest of them fight for 3rd which is a very distant 3rd!!!

Rebels rebounded from a not so good showing against Smryna to a better performance against Hunters Lane. The defense is getting better and better. We still need to tackle better but at least the coaches are attacking the offense. The boys love blitzing and making big hits!!!! The Offense is just being steady. Nice drive for a touchdown vs. Hunters Lane. Still need to protect the QB better so that Matt has time to throw. When he doesn't have time is when we have been throwing the interceptions. When the O line protects then Big Matt is right on target. Watch out guys. The rebels are going to get all of the injured players back soon and we will be rolling!

I understand that you may think that Hogan is out of his mind but let's look at a little bit of logic to see who can battle for the second spot.

Indy- coaching will sink them

Ravenwood-doesn't have the players (or coaching for that matter)

Hillsboro- not a chance!

Centennial- senior offensive line with track stars behind it (better not let them loose)

I'm not saying the Cougars have a great shot for second, but they have as good a shot as any to upset Franklin for the second spot.

On a side note, you feel better because the Rebels had a good showing against Hunters Lane after getting trounced by Smyrna? I would hope you would run over a Metro school. Franklin needs to worry about improving themselves instead of feeling good by comparing themselves with lowly Metro schools. Hunters Lane is just not a top tier team.