Oak Ridge @ Farragut

tnchad1980

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this one?!

OL is up for this one.....bounce back Friday.....Ads 27-14

Word on the street that #24 Jacob Jonhson has a broken hand and might not play this week goes to the Doctor today. This is a big blow for Farragut probably the best player on the team. Can someone within the program (Farragut) what happened to #56 he played started center and him and the new line coach were jumping up in the air and doing a bump last year what happened there he is not even a starter this year.

Edited by allvolfan1

Hey Sally,

You did say Blade passes the blame around.. Who did he pass the blame to? Give me an example. I may agree with you if i have some facts.

I will not violate the trust involved, but you are way out of the loop. Talk to those who know him and work with him. He is a good coach, and I think he does a good job of preparing the team. However, he is not what he thinks he is, and he is not what you think he is. I am not comfortable giving you facts, but I understand why you need them. They are not difficult to find. Let's put it this way...if one thinks he is so smart, much smarter than anyone else in his profession, if mistakes are made, he can't believe that he could be a part of those errors. Therefore, the errors MUST be the responsibility of someone else. There is no other option. That's what we have here. This doesn't make a bad coach, because he is a good one. But he is nowhere near as good as he thinks that he is.

I will not violate the trust involved, but you are way out of the loop. Talk to those who know him and work with him. He is a good coach, and I think he does a good job of preparing the team. However, he is not what he thinks he is, and he is not what you think he is. I am not comfortable giving you facts, but I understand why you need them. They are not difficult to find. Let's put it this way...if one thinks he is so smart, much smarter than anyone else in his profession, if mistakes are made, he can't believe that he could be a part of those errors. Therefore, the errors MUST be the responsibility of someone else. There is no other option. That's what we have here. This doesn't make a bad coach, because he is a good one. But he is nowhere near as good as he thinks that he is.

So you don't know it first hand? You just "heard" that he is like that? What do you think about Coach Dooley then?

Blade,

I know the man and the other coaches. If Rally's source is a coach, that coach has never shared that opinion with me, and certainly shouldn't be sharing it with anybody outside the coaches office. You have to have thick skin in the coaching business. Blade does have extremely high expectations for his coaches and his players and if one of them is not getting it done, he will certainly let them know it in no uncertain terms. If you think that's passing the blame, then so be it, it's not unique to Coach Blade. If you want to coach or play for him, you know what is expected of you on the front end. It's called get the job done, no excuses. Sounds to me like somebody wasn't meeting those expectations, they got called out, and got their feelings hurt. That's coaching.

• Upvote 1

So you don't know it first hand? You just "heard" that he is like that? What do you think about Coach Dooley then?

I know first hand from several conversations with him that he thinks that he is brilliant. I know from several conversations with him that he thinks that he is so smart that nothing could possibly be his fault. I know from first hand experiences with him that he will be quick to blame others due to his "self brilliance" philosophy. Others have had similar experiences with him. I am shocked that you have not heard this. Do you even live here? Are you so far removed from this program that this is news to you? I say all of this yet I realize that he is a good coach, but not the best ever, like he thinks he is. He is definitely better than the one he preceeded.

Blade,

I know the man and the other coaches. If Rally's source is a coach, that coach has never shared that opinion with me, and certainly shouldn't be sharing it with anybody outside the coaches office. You have to have thick skin in the coaching business. Blade does have extremely high expectations for his coaches and his players and if one of them is not getting it done, he will certainly let them know it in no uncertain terms. If you think that's passing the blame, then so be it, it's not unique to Coach Blade. If you want to coach or play for him, you know what is expected of you on the front end. It's called get the job done, no excuses. Sounds to me like somebody wasn't meeting those expectations, they got called out, and got their feelings hurt. That's coaching.

I appreciate your opinion and much of what you say is true. If you put what you say with what I say, then you have a perfect description of him. We are both right. You are wrong about one thing...he can't hurt my feelings, since I don't work for him.

I'm basing my opinion on my experiences only. I have not seen that side of him. We both agree he's a good coach. My only agenda is for Oak Ridge to win games and be successful. Everybody has to be pulling on the same rope, in the same direction for that to happen: fans, boosters, players, asst. coaches, Boys Club coaches, middle school coaches, head coach, parents, administration, students, everybody! Perfect example: Maryville. If Oak Ridge is ever to get back on top, this is what it will take. Everybody!

Go Cats

Blade,

Great post Oridge, What you just descrided is also a good way to run a business!

Edited by bladerunner

I'm basing my opinion on my experiences only. I have not seen that side of him. We both agree he's a good coach. My only agenda is for Oak Ridge to win games and be successful. Everybody has to be pulling on the same rope, in the same direction for that to happen: fans, boosters, players, asst. coaches, Boys Club coaches, middle school coaches, head coach, parents, administration, students, everybody! Perfect example: Maryville. If Oak Ridge is ever to get back on top, this is what it will take. Everybody!

Go Cats

Let's not use Maryville as an example. I mean win or lose at least we have been playing in the right Classification..

Just wondering -- your opinion on Blade is based on your own Exp.

Do you work with Blade? If not- you are going on hearsay..

and it sounds like your source needs to resign since he or she is so unhappy..

Let's not use Maryville as an example. I mean win or lose at least we have been playing in the right Classification..

Just wondering -- your opinion on Blade is based on your own Exp.

Do you work with Blade? If not- you are going on hearsay..

and it sounds like your source needs to resign since he or she is so unhappy..

Hate to interrupt the cute little " Cat fight " going on ..... but you should be glad Maryville hasn't been in your Classification .... there would be even more "Puddy Tat Fighting" going on right now !! :roflol: