Oak Ridge @ Farragut

tnchad1980

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this one?!

Hey Blade, jed is a good friend of mine, he does not want Stanton back, I can assure you. What he does want to see is player development from this staff, which was a big knock on the previous staff, regardless of who the coach was. Neither staff has/had players with an abundance of talent or athleticism. Jed has been saying for years that the talent level is just not their, so it comes down to player development. We will know in a year or two if this staff can take decent to good players and make them into a great team. We are all hoping so.

FINALLY...a reasonable response to me. I don't really have a problem with you. I am frustrated with the state of our program and I initially disagreed with you over how great you thought our new coach is (although I do NOT want SS back at all). I was bothered by your attacks on SS because I thought they served no purpose. I am wondering if we can ever get it back to where we are both respected and feared. I don't see the current coach as the guy to do that, based on what I hear, but I hope I am wrong. I don't know him, and have nothing against him personally. I am not sure if he is capable of rallying the community around him and the program, and doing all of the "extra" things it requires to be the head coach at OR. (Women would probably say that I am sensitive...Lol)

Ok we agree. I am ready to get to back to where we used to be as well. .. If Blade can get it done- Great- if Not, I feel the admin. will know what to do. Only time will tell.

Hey Blade, jed is a good friend of mine, he does not want Stanton back, I can assure you. What he does want to see is player development from this staff, which was a big knock on the previous staff, regardless of who the coach was. Neither staff has/had players with an abundance of talent or athleticism. Jed has been saying for years that the talent level is just not their, so it comes down to player development. We will know in a year or two if this staff can take decent to good players and make them into a great team. We are all hoping so.

K.

K.

If Coach Blade doesn't get it "turned around" within the next year or two, he will leave for greener pastures imo. Last years team seemed to be much more competitive than in years past. Blade won his second state championship ring in his third year as HC at Hillsboro (DC while winning Cali State title). This guy is a relentless coach who pays tremendous attention to detail. Player development is what he is all about. I suggest getting behind this guy and his staff because imo you won't find a better HC in this state willing to take over the OR program. Good luck to OR the rest of the year.

It seems like I have been watching another Oak Ridge team. Or maybe some people are just naturally pessimistic. The way I see it Oak Ridge has a great coach in coach Blade. He already has turned this team around in only one season. The team is stronger, faster and better than they have been in at least 4 or 5 years. Oak Ridge would have lost last Friday's game with Farragut by 30 points or more if S.S. was still the coach. Coach Blade HAS turned this team around. Coach Blade IS all about player development and he's a expert on turning boys into men and he has a long history of turning football programs around. Oak Ridge will continue to get better as the season goes on.

It seems like I have been watching another Oak Ridge team. Or maybe some people are just naturally pessimistic. The way I see it Oak Ridge has a great coach in coach Blade. He already has turned this team around in only one season. The team is stronger, faster and better than they have been in at least 4 or 5 years. Oak Ridge would have lost last Friday's game with Farragut by 30 points or more if S.S. was still the coach. Coach Blade HAS turned this team around. Coach Blade IS all about player development and he's a expert on turning boys into men and he has a long history of turning football programs around. Oak Ridge will continue to get better as the season goes on.

best talent in 5 years? we went to state in 2005 man lol... this team would have gotten blasted by the 2005 team, just saying man... but, your other assessments i can agree with.

best talent in 5 years? we went to state in 2005 man lol... this team would have gotten blasted by the 2005 team, just saying man... but, your other assessments i can agree with.

That's why I said "4" or 5 years, lol. Of course with Spencer & company the 2005 team had more talent. But if Blade had been our coach we would had won that state championship game.

That's why I said "4" or 5 years, lol. Of course with Spencer & company the 2005 team had more talent. But if Blade had been our coach we would had won that state championship game.

no, you said 4 to 5 years AT LEAST lol jk man, i know where you are coming from... yeah, i still cant fathom how we lost that 2005 title game with the talent we had, wow lol... you are right, we would have won, but it is all water under the bridge now.

What's happening in East Tennessee? It seems I'm missing all the good stuff.. Oak Ridge fans arguing with each other, Farragut beating Oak Ridge with an average at best team. I should not live there longer. It can only get better right? (minus the fact that Farragut lost tonight against Knoxville Catholic...)

Edited by ihavenofriendzz