Oak Ridge @ Farragut

tnchad1980

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this one?!

Jed,

I never stated we would run over Farragut.. I did not go to the game but I was told tht we lost in OT?? This is just hearsay... Did Farragut blow Oak Ridge out? According to Bounder, He stated they looked about even..According to my OR clan.. They said to same thing.. two "Ok" teams playing each other.

What did i miss?

Did Blade assault a Farragut coach?

Did the pads come up missing?

What about the Knife?

If Stevens was the Coach we would have lost by two scores JMO

and Jed I really don't care if you and Jethro like it or not.

If given the same amount of time if Blade's record is the same as Stevens I will agree with you.. You can devolp players all day long but it needs to translate to wins at Oak Ridge. JMO

"Jed"

Why don't you post your real name "Coach"

You have serious problems where Stevens is concerned. Did your son not get enough playing time while he was the head coach? Your anti-Stevens tirades (assault,pads,knife etc.) are absurd. I agree with you on the coach of the 1970s. If you will go back and read most of my posts to you, wherever I have included a question or questions, you have almost always ignored them. That's what I am talking about. In case you are confused about this, let me remind you...this is the BLADE ERA. What goes on now has nothing at all to do with Stevens. Bashing Stevens serves NO purpose at all. In fact, those who repeatedly bash him on here, appear more than just a little ridiculous.

Congratulations to Farragut, they made more plays than us and deserved the win. Our kids looked well prepared (two penalties and one turnover in first game) and gave everything they had, it just wasn't quite enough to get the w. They represented themselves well and I was proud of their effort, they just came up short. It looks to me like any team with good speed, or any team that has a good passing game will give us lots of trouble. We lack overall team speed, so technique will have to be much better, especially on defense to keep us in games against equal or better competition. These guys have lots of work to get done. If the kids play as hard as they can and we improve as the season goes along, that's all I can ask of them.

This one is over with, let's get ready for Central.

Does anybody know if/when Shink and Cody will be back?

You have serious problems where Stevens is concerned. Did your son not get enough playing time while he was the head coach? Your anti-Stevens tirades (assault,pads,knife etc.) are absurd. I agree with you on the coach of the 1970s. If you will go back and read most of my posts to you, wherever I have included a question or questions, you have almost always ignored them. That's what I am talking about. In case you are confused about this, let me remind you...this is the BLADE ERA. What goes on now has nothing at all to do with Stevens. Bashing Stevens serves NO purpose at all. In fact, those who repeatedly bash him on here, appear more than just a little ridiculous.

Then stop bringing Stevens up then! Is your kid not getting enough playing time under Blade?

What are your questions?

Edited by bladerunner

Then stop bringing Stevens up then! Is your kid not getting enough playing time under Blade?

What are your questions?

I didn't bring him up. Your friend jedave did, and then you started your childish "assault,pads,knife" bashing yet again. Follow your own advice. I don't have a kid on the team. He graduated years ago. I will not repeat my questions. If you really want to answer them, then go back and look them up. I may repeat a question verbally in case it wasn't heard, but when it's in writing, it's there forever. So YOU can answer them if you want, but when they are in writing and you refuse to answer them, I assume that you don't like the projected answer.

Sorry Bounder.

I am with you - but Rally and and Jed want Stevens back.

I just do not agree.

Not only will you not answer questions, but you apparently just read what you want, as well. I have never said that I wanted Stevens back. You only say that to try to make me look bad, and in order to make yourself popular with the Wildcat faithful. I have said often that he was not a good fit at OR. He was not the right fit here either. The repeated bashing of Stevens by you serves no purpose. If you think that it does, then please explain how it is a good thing. Maybe I can be convinced, and then I may join you (but I doubt it).

Two well matched teams. Farragut is down in the skill areas, but that was probably the least athletic Wild Cat team I've ever seen. Thought OR LB #63 was hard to block and made plays all night. How is OR's experience? Were most of the players underclassmen? They looked a little on the small side as well, for Oak Ridge that is.

Star, this team is very young, not an excuse, you guys deserved to win. We start a whole bunch of sophomores and only have 12 seniors, not all of which play. We are not only small but we aren't very strong or fast either (as you said for an Oak Ridge team). If Blade can get this thing turned around it will be next year or the year after that.

Instead of blaming or talking about the current or last coach, why not address some of the obvious reason for the decline in the Oak Ridge talent pool. First and formeost the middle school programs have suffered in recent years. Everyone talks about the Emory Hale era (which they should), but look at the feeder progams that were in place then. You had Coach Hahn and Coach Ford at the midget level at the Boys Club, then you had Coach Russell at Robertsville and Coach Orlando at Jefferson. Now you have a track coach at Jefferson, (I don't care who his assitant is either, he's a boys club coach at best), and Robertsville seems to be finally moving in the right direction with their coach, but, the last few years have been up and down. The Midgets at the Boys Club used to beat teams from all over the south east, and at one time Jefferson had a winning streak that was untouchable. Basic fundamentals are not being taught by proven coaches before these kids are getting to high school. Plus the fact that kids today seem to have a wide range of interest other than football. I told a coach just a couple of years ago that some of the best talent was walking the halls, his reply (no this was not an Oak Ridge Coach) was that if they didn't want to play, he didn't want them on the team. HELLO, wake up, these are 15-18 year old KIDS, maybe a little encouragment is what is needed, they may wind up helping you win some games and even save your job. Times have changed, if your not willing to change with them, it's your lose.

Instead of blaming or talking about the current or last coach, why not address some of the obvious reason for the decline in the Oak Ridge talent pool. First and formeost the middle school programs have suffered in recent years. Everyone talks about the Emory Hale era (which they should), but look at the feeder progams that were in place then. You had Coach Hahn and Coach Ford at the midget level at the Boys Club, then you had Coach Russell at Robertsville and Coach Orlando at Jefferson. Now you have a track coach at Jefferson, (I don't care who his assitant is either, he's a boys club coach at best), and Robertsville seems to be finally moving in the right direction with their coach, but, the last few years have been up and down. The Midgets at the Boys Club used to beat teams from all over the south east, and at one time Jefferson had a winning streak that was untouchable. Basic fundamentals are not being taught by proven coaches before these kids are getting to high school. Plus the fact that kids today seem to have a wide range of interest other than football. I told a coach just a couple of years ago that some of the best talent was walking the halls, his reply (no this was not an Oak Ridge Coach) was that if they didn't want to play, he didn't want them on the team. HELLO, wake up, these are 15-18 year old KIDS, maybe a little encouragment is what is needed, they may wind up helping you win some games and even save your job. Times have changed, if your not willing to change with them, it's your lose.

I dont know if your an oak ridge fan, but this is probably the most educated message i have seen on here regarding oak ridge football, and it is so true.. the middle schools are teaching anything to these kids.. like you said robertsville is on the way up with layton, that was a good move. your statement about the boys club coaching and teams are so spot on, great post.

I'm not only a fan, but an alumni who played for every coach mentioned in my post except Orlando. I'm not trying to be critical, but, it's about time to look at the whole situation concerning football in Oak Ridge and start taking the necessary steps to right the ship, starting with the feeder programs mentioned.