Jefferson County

helment

thats harsh but I can understand given the past record. I do know its not from a lack of effort. I drove by the school yesterday and they were out there at 6 oclock. I past again at 9 and they were still there. No one is out working us. I give an A for effort and hard work and prefer to stay positive for our 80 players. They do not get a second chance and derserve our backing win or lose!!!!!The coach thing will work itself out later. This is Andersons dream job. Dont you think hes giving it all he has. Get people out and support our players and coaches. Being negative going into this will not help. If it does not work, we can cry after the fact but not b-4! Stay positive need 10000 sreaming fans at game 1.

thats harsh but I can understand given the past record. I do know its not from a lack of effort. I drove by the school yesterday and they were out there at 6 oclock. I past again at 9 and they were still there. No one is out working us. I give an A for effort and hard work and prefer to stay positive for our 80 players. They do not get a second chance and derserve our backing win or lose!!!!!The coach thing will work itself out later. This is Andersons dream job. Dont you think hes giving it all he has. Get people out and support our players and coaches. Being negative going into this will not help. If it does not work, we can cry after the fact but not b-4! Stay positive need 10000 sreaming fans at game 1.

I think the coaches and players deserve all the support you boys can muster. 80 players is a big jump in numbers from the past few years so Anderson must have the boys buying into the program. Thats great. I would love to see the Pats return to the glory days. Now all you have to do is convince the fans your back on track and DV will be rockin on Friday nights.

• Upvote 1

patpride1 i love your enthusiasm. The Jeff Co football team has probably out worked anyone in East TN. From going to 6am workouts in the summer to two a days in july while most of their friends were still asleep, theyve worked hard. Coach Anderson loves his job and wouldnt give it up for the world. The team is talented, all they need is support from Jefferson County. Leroy Shannon Field should be packed for the Greeneville game. We gotta get behind these boys 100 percent. With this team, anything is possible. Go Pats

patpride1 i love your enthusiasm. The Jeff Co football team has probably out worked anyone in East TN. From going to 6am workouts in the summer to two a days in july while most of their friends were still asleep, theyve worked hard. Coach Anderson loves his job and wouldnt give it up for the world. The team is talented, all they need is support from Jefferson County. Leroy Shannon Field should be packed for the Greeneville game. We gotta get behind these boys 100 percent. With this team, anything is possible. Go Pats

"out worked anyone in East TN"? I'm glad to see Coach Anderson has inspired serious committment in his players, but you don't seriously think all the rest of the teams in east TN just get up one afternoon in late July and decide they better get ready for football do you?

• Upvote 1

Barb all major programs are doing it. BUT We do see a change from were this program came from 4 years ago when it had 30 players. Its good to see that we are now, at least, putting in the effort to succeed. I do know that many of the players leave the football workouts and then go workout as individuals. I know that several workout after practice. I like to think that we are no longer loosing ground to the upper teams in East Tn as related to preparation. We may lose but It wont be because we didnt work for it or that the players were soft. Barb thanks for your imput. Go pats.

I don't want to turn this thread into a coaching discussion but the idea of keeping a coach because he tries really hard and loves his job is flawed IMO. It doesn't matter what coach you talk about, trying really and loving the job doesn`t make someone a great coach. You can put in a lot of effort and love your job and not be a good coach. I don't mean to downplay the importance of effort or love for the job, those are important attributes to have but so is knowing what you're doing.

Sorry but the "he tries really hard" defense for a coach is meaningless if the losses continue to pile up. At the end of the day it is about winning.

While 10,000 screaming fans would be great at the first game, I would hope they arent screaming at the players or coaches! This team could be really good. Maybe one of the best teams in 15 years. The things that are holding them back are the little things. I mean, they are big things, but they can be corrected over time and with experience. My little things are:

1.) Penalties- There were probably 4 or 5 false start penalties in the Heritage scrimmage. And at least 3 Pass interference plays that were not called but should have been. (when you are hanging on to someones jersey who is nearly running away from you, that's a penalty) But like I said- little thing, can be corrected.

2.) Line Blocking assignments- The line is a CRUCIAL PART to the offense AND future successes this team will have. Maybe the most important part of the offense. 4 seniors and 1 junior. These guys are very experienced and are strong. There is no reason they should not dominate the line of scrimmage. There were instances where DK would take the hand off and there would be 4 people rushing, and 2 of them would get to him in the backfield. Its 5 against 4. That cannot happen. Another specific example I remember is its a pass play, heritage is blitzing 4. Somehow 3 of them get loose and pursue the QB for an eventual 7 yard sack. As they were saying though, the transition to the spread is difficult so this should come through experience. Also, I heard they were practicing against the 3rd team D in practice. Why dont we do a little 1st team on 1st team so these boys aren't blown out of the water after facing sophomore defensive tackles all summer.

3.) I don't know how to characterize this, but I guess football saavy and discipline? The best example I have of this is, its is 4th and 2 or 3. Jeff Co. is going for it at like the 25-30 yard line. Goins is QB and runs all the way to the side line pretty much. He's completely open, and could easily pick up the 3 yards for the first and run out of bounds. Instead the ball is thrown on the run into the endzone over the receiver. Now Mr. Goins, you are a fine athlete and football player-I will enjoy watching you this season when I come,and I intend no disrespect or really to call you out in any way, I definitely want to make that clear. That was just an example of what my point was.

4.) Screens were killing Jeff Co. I don't know what the fix is, but screens really hurt them. Maybe I was there for the wrong part or the 2nd and 3rd team defense, can anyone clarify for me?

Anyways, those 4 problems are overall pretty small and talent can overcome some of them, but if Jeff Co. wants to make that next step up and become the "well oiled machine" they used to be, eliminating these will definitely help. I'm going to say Jeff can go 8-2 assuming they get used to the spread a little more. I would compare it to a new shoe- you try it on and it fits (they have the athletes-it will work) you use it for a while and the results aren't good, they aren't comfortable and they are not broken in, they are stiff and not what you are used to (the transition) but once they fit to your feet, it's all go and the shoes won't be what is holding the runner back. Anyways, any questions or comments can be posted. Good luck in the jamboree tonight.

I really enjoyed the Jamboree tonight. Looks like we have made BIG strides in the starting O line. Good overall protection. Bible had time to throw and 24 and 10 had BIG time yards after catch. Great to see us throwing to 40 in the flat! 33 had strong runs. The D line did very well and coaches are developing the depth we need for the season. Linebackers and D Backs are really swarming to the ball. Best part was NO REALLY DUMB PENALTIES !!!!!

Congratulations to those who competed in the individual events. I think we showed class in our actions.

I feel much better about playing Greeneville next Friday Night, but do not get cocky. A Jamboree does not the season make. Take it ONE game at a time, stay positive and fired up even when the chips are down and Jefferson County Football will do great things.

Peace

Edited by OHSgrad88

I thought the Patriots looked sharp on both sides of the ball. Scoring 28 points in a quarter is great against anybody. I am surprised we chose to play our ones against the weaker opponent. Would have liked to see us prep for Gville with a quality look. Looking at the scores of the local jamborees, our two scrimmage opponents did not fair well. Central lost to Gibbs and Heritage good whacked by Alcoa 21-0.

On a side note, Inwas shocked to see Goins not win the fastest back. After all the combine hype, I thought he would have represented better

I don't want to turn this thread into a coaching discussion but the idea of keeping a coach because he tries really hard and loves his job is flawed IMO. It doesn't matter what coach you talk about, trying really and loving the job doesn`t make someone a great coach. You can put in a lot of effort and love your job and not be a good coach. I don't mean to downplay the importance of effort or love for the job, those are important attributes to have but so is knowing what you're doing.

Sorry but the "he tries really hard" defense for a coach is meaningless if the losses continue to pile up. At the end of the day it is about winning.

:D you have liked very few JC coaches