Jefferson County

helment

I think after the first 2 games, they are desparate. I think most changes are good but also question the timeing. Better later than never if it works. I dont know if they fully understood the needs on the OF lines to run the spred. BIG and STRONG. We cant block it. period. We have the skill players to run it but it dont matter if you dont have to time to set it up!!. Dont forget, the competition goes down after the first 3 games. IF we run 7 in a row we will make playoffs and we will be a favorite in all but 1 (west), and I like our chances after seeing them against Central. This is not much different from last year and we should have won our last 7 games then. If we continue to limit our turnovers, I like our chances against the final 7. What we need is 180 turn and be competitive against SC to build momentum. Our def must show up and stop someone. We focus on the offense but our biggest dissapointment has to be the def which was our strength coming into the season. With our speed on def, who could think that Young would have 280 yards in the first half. We are small up front here also. I see a theme?? I hear the we are moving to 4 man front and I hope this helps. Go pats

>>>>>>>>>..It's always about the LINE.It's football.The Upfront guys control the game.If they are the biggest and baddest that we have ,then what are we supposed to do? Is coaching fo the line part of the problem? Did the Lineman (as a unit ) do the off-season work?....IDK.But,as I have said in a previous post,WE gotta "run

whatwe brung". With respect to the points that we have put up this year....I will just say THANK you to Greeneville and Bearden for allowing us to have a few.Good Luck with Seiverville .GO PATRIOTS !!

I understand its about the line but. It does matter what you run. If you are small like we are, then the spread might not be for us. If we are playing our best, we must match their capabilities to our scheme!! I think this is what they are thinking in moving back to a fast hit veer look. go pats

You have to tweak things as you go along, overhaul is not exactly the best option when all are stressed and nervous. That can end up being a 180 but all negative. Id stay with the game plan and make small suttle changes to what has been worked on all summer.

.............I like what I have heard so far ,about the changes we have made.I would like to see a jr or soph at center so Cain can be more effective.I also agree to leave 17 at QB,Hes tough and smart and has shown he can run hard when there is a window.We are also going to need himm next year with there only being about 8 senoirs next year.GO PATRIOTS !!!

I agree we will need to use the depth/experience we have at several positions not to have the issue of so many people playing both ways. But, this was the first time JCHS had padded up against another team since October of 2009. I think the coaches were just feeling out the players at a "near game" speed. JCHS will need to rotate players in on the D-line as we did at the end of last year to keep us "fresh" in the late 3rd and 4th Quarters. It just makes since when you have only 3 down defensive linemen dealing with 5 offensive linemen in the 3-5-3 set. Those young men take a pounding, but they are quick.

Against Greeneville, we will need every break we can get and we must execute blocking and not turn over the ball. It should be close, but going against the Number 1 4A team will be BIG Test.

Peace

One thing that some people might not understand is the change of mindset a coaching staff has to go through in going from the veer to a spread.. I've been involved in fb for 40 years as a player and a coach and 22 of those in the veer and the last 4 in the spread...it's zone blocking (different from the old basic rule for veer..inside, on, LB, downfield etc) calling offenses was a real adjustment because I new what to call in the veer for whatever adjustment the D made but it's not that simple with the spread. I hope JC is not changing offenses out of desparation. If they are changing..I hope it's because they understand the strengths and weaknesses of their personnel and their staff and are simply opting for what fits them best.

Regardless of the offensive changes or defensive formation, the same kids are playing in the JC uniforms. That is what matters. If the OLand DL are too small, maybe our strength program needs to be better.If they cannot execute, maybe they need to watch. All I know is that this team has been billed as the "best team in 20 years", but the way they have played has been a disappointment to the once proud Big Blue. I will be there every time they play because that is my school. I just want an effort, win or lose, that we can be proud of as fans. We all know theschedule gets easier after this week ( until West and East), so let's not get all excited over beating Cocke Co or Seymour or William Blount. Let's beat a good team

Ok, we just played 2 very good football teams/programs and got beat. Now, we as a team and as fans need to go out and be the best we can be on Friday Night. I support the team and come what may, after the game, I will still support them.

Go Patriots!!! Beat the Smokey Bears!!!!!!

Edited by OHSgrad88

.............I like what I have heard so far ,about the changes we have made.I would like to see a jr or soph at center so Cain can be more effective.I also agree to leave 17 at QB,Hes tough and smart and has shown he can run hard when there is a window.We are also going to need him next year with there only being about 8 senoirs next year.GO PATRIOTS !!!

What do you like so far that the receivers are getting pulled that showed up the first 2 games should be benched how is this helping anything but taking them out of the game so your son might show up and 33 is to little to be the best. if the o line can not block put someone in that can. Change the defense they havent showed up the first 2 games missing tackles. 10 and 54 are no better than anyone else trying to play 2 ways. andersen just has to take care o his favorite boys.

What do you like so far that the receivers are getting pulled that showed up the first 2 games should be benched how is this helping anything but taking them out of the game so your son might show up and 33 is to little to be the best. if the o line can not block put someone in that can. Change the defense they havent showed up the first 2 games missing tackles. 10 and 54 are no better than anyone else trying to play 2 ways. andersen just has to take care o his favorite boys.

dang....You know its football time in Dumplin' Valley when the season opens to the resounding cheer of "fire the coach"

First of all Barb, this is a Jeff Co board so we need 0 comments from a Gville jacker. You cannot tell me that if the Devils had been struggling for a couple of years and lost their first 2 games by a lot that you and your Gville special ed grads would not be calling for Ballard's head. Secondly, no one has suggested removal of Anderson to my knowledge. Third, go to visit the devil himself!

This is NOT a slap to your post....I just don't understand what your saying.

I understand its about the line but. It does matter what you run. If you are small like we are, then the spread might not be for us. If we are playing our best, we must match their capabilities to our scheme!! I think this is what they are thinking in moving back to a fast hit veer look. go pats

....If many of you folks remember correctly,The answer last year was to get away from the Veer "TOO easy to stop...Just put 8 in box" ,"QB moves around TOO much and needs to stay in the pocket",WE need to go to the Spread",,,,,,,,,,SO what is the answer?....IDK....most teams will end the season with a loss! What is it (7-8 )get the GOLD FOOTBALL.!! THE REST go home with a loss !! Isnt that right BARB ? GO PATRIOTS !!!