Dobyns Bennett vs Farragut

BatmanDB

I guess you were not their when we played Oakland in the Boro when Adonis Johnson was a Sophomore. Adonis touched the ball twice in the first half and scored two touchdowns. I made the comment that he would start the second half over Jessee Mcmillian and we would win that game. I heard at halftime he made a comment to the Coach that nobody could catch him and to get him the ball. The Coach told him to shutup and sit down and he never touched the ball in the second half and we lost a close game. Is that brilliant coaching? I'm not on here to bash coach Clark, in fact i'm proud of everything he has done for our school and our kids, and i think everyone who has met the man can say he's a fine human being. Also, i played for the man so i respect him completely. But, the facts are the facts. Ijust hope he can utilize what he's got. So don't get your shorts in a bunch over my posts. I bleed Maroon and Grey forever, i'm just too emotional when it comes to putting pride in front of sensability. Iwant to win the State, don't you. I hope the coaching staff and team are as emotional as i am over the game of football. I'm tired of the "one and done" crap i have to read on here, so everybody get fired up and lets support our team and lets do this!!!!!!!!Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't believe it happened like that at Oakland......AND my shorts are not in a wad at all. Not even close, but you asked what people thought about your post and your thoughts about only 5 players touching the ball. You assumed that the coach had screwed up so bad in the past that your "FAB 5" was the answer.....I disagree! I really think you are wrong on all accounts. Especially your assumption that GC has cost us other opportunities. To the contrary, I really believe that we have had all of these opportunities because of GC. Now....you asked, I answered. Don't get your shorts bound up! We do agree on several points....the 5 you mentioned are awesome and will make us all proud this year and I really really do want to win this thing! I believe in that bunch of coaches to get us all there.

I don't believe it happened like that at Oakland......AND my shorts are not in a wad at all. Not even close, but you asked what people thought about your post and your thoughts about only 5 players touching the ball. You assumed that the coach had screwed up so bad in the past that your "FAB 5" was the answer.....I disagree! I really think you are wrong on all accounts. Especially your assumption that GC has cost us other opportunities. To the contrary, I really believe that we have had all of these opportunities because of GC. Now....you asked, I answered. Don't get your shorts bound up! We do agree on several points....the 5 you mentioned are awesome and will make us all proud this year and I really really do want to win this thing! I believe in that bunch of coaches to get us all there.

I heard a very simular story about that Oakland game. I can't say its true though. I do know that there has been some very questionable play calling along the way, especially the last couple years. You don't really get the real story as to how the fans feel just here on CoachT. At the games you'll find that about 75% have had a problem with the play calling the past two years. I don't think anybody in their right mind would want to see Clark replaced though. He has done to much to improve DB football, and I think he can still get us to the Championship game. Yes he has probably cost us a game or two but like he said "even Betty Crocker burns a cake ever now and then" He has taken us to the simi's twice and with just a ounce of luck those two simi's could of been State Championships. We all wanted to see changes this year and looks like he's going to give us changes. I say everybody get behind the coaching staff and the entire team and lets see how this thing turns out. It's a new year. Bury the dead horse.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Say, your not related to worlhead are ye?

Just going by what the players who were their said about that Oakland game and believe their story. Well, thats all in the past and i'm hoping for the best this year and for the future. Coach Clark has been a genious in the regular season past but often hits a wall in the post season when it comes to the time and point when the game is on the line. Wow, thats got to be a stressful feeling to have everyone relying on your call to pull it out. Don't know how i would do it but to just get it to the playmakers. If the player fails at least you have put yourself in a position to win. Can't wait until Thursday! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think, no wait, i know my list is complete. All the people i mentioned are receivers as well as runners. Swafford has great hands, as well as, Cannon, Derrick and Sensabaugh is a huge threat coming from the fullback position. I'm not calling Rusty out, but he is not a one play scoring threat. Therefore he is better served to block, not receive. But, as you know in the past when the game was on the line and we had a huge big time receiver, the ball did'nt go to him, it went to Rusty. And, the rest is history. We need Rusty on defense, where he is strong. We don't need him running down the field on offense gettting wore out for nothing. Defense is his strong point. Sorry Batman, but you know that to be the truth regardless whether you will admit it on here for all to read. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to be on track with your post 91.Hope the Fab 5 stay heathly.

Good luck to DB.The talent is there.

Man, how far CoachT has slipped! In years past these first game strings would be lighting up... now, hardly anything. The Farragut fans must have all lost their internet connections...they used to have as many fans as anybody on CoachT, now?

I don't know what Farragut has compared to last years team (a very good team)... but this is what I think. The Indians have a lot more weapons on offense compared to what they had in last years Season Opener. But the Admirals whipped us on both the Offensive & Defensive Lines in that game... pushed DB around. Will that change? That is going to tell the tell right there. DB has got to have improved Line play, we know we have enough speed to play with anyone. But can we win the Line of Scrimmage?

Roll Tribe Roll

BatmanDB,

I have a lot of respect for you and your insights into the program at DB. I know the Admirals do not have the offensive firepower they had last year. Nevertheless, they are well coached and should be competitive.

My question is about the mindset of the Indians. How important is this game to them? If they lost, how will this effect team chemistry. In hindsight, how did the Maryville loss impact their off-season work? It just seems to me they have a big psychological obstacle to overcome (can they compete with the big Knoxville schools).

I know DB has the talent and the coaching to win, and win big! When I hear fans wanting certain people to get the ball, I ask, do the players have the same mindset? Will they play as a team (unselfish)? If they lose, will they blame certain players and coaches or will they pull together and stay focused? I don't care how much talent you have, without team chemistry your playing with a ball and chain. Teams with less talent often win over those with superior ability because they play as a team. Is DB a TEAM?

I am a Maryville fan, but I respect the history and pride that has characterized Dobyns-Bennett Football! Is it still there?

BatmanDB,

I have a lot of respect for you and your insights into the program at DB. I know the Admirals do not have the offensive firepower they had last year. Nevertheless, they are well coached and should be competitive.

My question is about the mindset of the Indians. How important is this game to them? If they lost, how will this effect team chemistry. In hindsight, how did the Maryville loss impact their off-season work? It just seems to me they have a big psychological obstacle to overcome (can they compete with the big Knoxville schools).

I know DB has the talent and the coaching to win, and win big! When I hear fans wanting certain people to get the ball, I ask, do the players have the same mindset? Will they play as a team (unselfish)? If they lose, will they blame certain players and coaches or will they pull together and stay focused? I don't care how much talent you have, without team chemistry your playing with a ball and chain. Teams with less talent often win over those with superior ability because they play as a team. Is DB a TEAM?

I am a Maryville fan, but I respect the history and pride that has characterized Dobyns-Bennett Football! Is it still there?

Your allways going to have kids that are not "team players" and fans as well.We all want to have goals and dreams as players and for our kids when they play,but most are team players and give their all to DB.In short,yes I think this is a team and will go forward with a win or loss against Farragut.I know that a few of last years seniors have worked with our team in the off season{weights and some other things} and want the program to do well.The Maryville game was the last one and that is hard nomatter who you lose to.DB has allways competed well with schools around the state and I hope they can be back to what we are used to in Kingsport this year