Dobyns Bennett vs Farragut

BatmanDB

I know it's late to bring this up, but why do we in Kingsport play this Week 0 game on Thursday night every year? It's not like traffic is so bad in Kpt because of the race 20 miles away. I'm sorry but high school football was meant to be played on Friday night. It would be understandable if it were @ TN High or Sul East, but I just don't see what difference it would make for DB to play on FRI. That being said, I believe we will play as a team because that is exactly what GC coaches. My concern is how quickly the players can get up to speed on the new offense. It is A pretty complicated system for high school age boys to pick up on this quickly. I look for them to improve every week and be explosive by mid-season.

ROLL TRIBE

I know it's late to bring this up, but why do we in Kingsport play this Week 0 game on Thursday night every year? It's not like traffic is so bad in Kpt because of the race 20 miles away. I'm sorry but high school football was meant to be played on Friday night.

ROLL TRIBE

Playing on Thursday is great! You don't have to wait another day for your game and you also get to go watch another game on Friday Night.

Your allways going to have kids that are not "team players" and fans as well.We all want to have goals and dreams as players and for our kids when they play,but most are team players and give their all to DB.In short,yes I think this is a team and will go forward with a win or loss against Farragut.I know that a few of last years seniors have worked with our team in the off season{weights and some other things} and want the program to do well.The Maryville game was the last one and that is hard nomatter who you lose to.DB has allways competed well with schools around the state and I hope they can be back to what we are used to in Kingsport this year

I think the mindset of the team has a lot to do with the team leaders, and this years team is well led. For the most part the seniors are an extremely close bunch. Starter or not, most of them have played some sort of ball together and against each other since second grade. I remember some very fierce competitions between them, but after the game they were friends and the parents were friends. I don't see any of these guys pointing fingers at eachother (or anyone else) if things get tuff.

I know it's late to bring this up, but why do we in Kingsport play this Week 0 game on Thursday night every year? It's not like traffic is so bad in Kpt because of the race 20 miles away. I'm sorry but high school football was meant to be played on Friday night. It would be understandable if it were @ TN High or Sul East, but I just don't see what difference it would make for DB to play on FRI. That being said, I believe we will play as a team because that is exactly what GC coaches. My concern is how quickly the players can get up to speed on the new offense. It is A pretty complicated system for high school age boys to pick up on this quickly. I look for them to improve every week and be explosive by mid-season.

ROLL TRIBE

Good points DBtp, imagine traveling 2 hours one way for this game. It is most inconvenient for a Knoxville team on a school/work night. Regardless, the benefit is it should be a great game with two big time programs!!

I think the mindset of the team has a lot to do with the team leaders, and this years team is well led. For the most part the seniors are an extremely close bunch. Starter or not, most of them have played some sort of ball together and against each other since second grade. I remember some very fierce competitions between them, but after the game they were friends and the parents were friends. I don't see any of these guys pointing fingers at eachother (or anyone else) if things get tuff.

It got a little tough during the rec basketball games right after football season.I don't know some of the new kids but have been around a lot of the juniors and seniors during the off seasons for years.Last years bunch was close as well,but lost so many players over the years.You get to know these kids over the years and watch them grow up from babies,and can't help but want them to do well.I can say the same for the last several classes and a lot of kids that are a long way away from highschool.I know a couple of DB's future monster linemen will be in my bunch of seats off and on all year and look forward to seeing them take the field.Right now it's keep them from throwing stuff and hope they throw QB's around

in a few years.

Guest footballfan100

as far as the system goes, i have heard from several sources that CS parents are very unhappy with the new offense because CS has been moved to fullback and dont get the carries that the other faster backs will be getting.....

as far as the system goes, i have heard from several sources that CS parents are very unhappy with the new offense because CS has been moved to fullback and dont get the carries that the other faster backs will be getting.....

True or not.... he's going to get his yards as the game goes on. Oh yeah, and i believe he's the all time rush leader at DB. Somebody always mentions they did'nt keep track of yardage when Cifers and that bunch played but come on, could those guys play now? Chris has been and is a great player and will continue to be despite what he accomplishes this year. He's going to get an Education playing football and that's great in itself. Hopefully at The University of Tennessee. So for them to be upset, should'nt be the case. I'm sure coach Clark has the I-Formation in his playbook, because were going to need it some. I hope Clark will pass the ball to Chris and let him show that ability as well. Let's all be happy that we've got the players that can do everything well. And with that,Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't been too active on the board so far this year, but here's some great info on the DB vs Farragut rivalry. It's a very close and competitive series and I have no doubt that Thursday's game will be any different. It will be DB in a close one! Tribe 27, Admirals 23. ROLL TRIBE!

1956 40 @DB Farragut 0

1979 12 DB @Farragut 0

1983 28 @DB Farragut 9

1984 13 DB @Farragut 14

1994 35 @DB Farragut 17

1995 13 DB @Farragut 23

2000 41 @DB Farragut 14

2007 6 DB @Farragut 28

2009 8 DB @Farragut 26

I bet you that Chris has more yardage this season than any other single season he has had, with half the carries and a lot less beating than he has had to take game after game in the past.