DII AA Scrimmages

shakinthefat

Starters from MBA played about 4 series and were up 10-7. Siegel's monster Dunaway broke a 50 yarder, after MBA's safety missed him in the hole. After that Siegel gained nothing. The offense for MBA looked good. Two drives were stalled near the redzone by receiver penalties. The offense is behind the defense right now, but at this time of year when is it not. Simonis was hit in the leg and was taken out of the scrimmage. I don't know any details.

I heard this Siegel team beat BA when it was starters v starters. Any word on that?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard this Siegel team beat BA when it was starters v starters. Any word on that?

BA scored 3 TD's vs Siegel's 2 TD's.

Not sure on starters vs starters scores or 2nd/3rd team scores.

Siegel's and BA's defense were quick and very aggressive.

Both offense's looked a little out of rhythm during the 1st half but got better toward the end.

Edited by shakinthefat

When (date/time/location) are some of the next scrimmages for BA,Ensworth,MBA,Ryan? I understand the heat has caused some setbacks, but I would guess they have 1 more scrimmage upcoming.

You can feel that the season is fast approaching. Seems like this year most teams are relatively quiet, but I am sure the message boards will soon light up.

Senior QB is hurt, but I actually think their junior QB was going to start: 6'3", good arm, and can run (he ran for 2 TDs against Southwind); he can also throw on the run which will open up some shorter yardage plays. The RB who was hurt is a non-starting sophomore. Their senior RB is fine; junior RB is working back in; and a small freshman may get some carries. Best senior WR is hurt, but a senior transfer should pick up most of the slack. Neither of the 2 senior injuries are serious; not sure about the sophomore RB.

The Soph (Hicks) acl/mcl done for season. The freshman R/B will be a stud. I think you are right about the Q/B situation, although I believe the SR. will be back before we get into the MUS,Briarcrest, SBA games. Same goes for the W/R, with the exception that he will be greatly missed.

I went and saw MBA v Oakland last night. It was a good scrimmage, Oakland came out fast on O and D. They scored from 10 yards out on their first offensive play after MBA muffed a punt and the refs blew it dead. After that Oakland didn't score with MBA's starters in. MBA scored on a long touchdown catch by Austin Blackwell, and the sophomore QB threw it because Simonis was still side lined. Oakland looked pretty good, it seemed MBA's conditioning was the key. MBA still has a long way to go though if they want to make a run for the title this year. I think the final score was 21-17 Oakland, but starters it was 7-7. Any words on the other scrimmages from BA or Ensworth?

The Blue scrimmaged Ooltewah this past week and the Jamboree last night. We did well in some 7/7's earlier at MTSU and Signal. Looked better at the Owls Nest this past week than when we reported in to camp. Started taking care of the ball a little bit better! Last nite didn't see much offensively against Boyd. QB was 2/3 on passing and 1 TD scramble. Managed to move ball nicely with running game, good execution and few mistakes!

I think wardawg described us as "mediocre" last nite, but I would disagree. We took care of business, no injuries for the outing and seemed to gel. We might not have demonstrated the entire arsenal but who does in a jamboree!

In a later quarter, Baylor looked good against McMinn County. Very crisp, smooth. Huesman and Mackey will be forces to be reckoned with.

Go Blue!

The Blue scrimmaged Ooltewah this past week and the Jamboree last night. We did well in some 7/7's earlier at MTSU and Signal. Looked better at the Owls Nest this past week than when we reported in to camp. Started taking care of the ball a little bit better! Last nite didn't see much offensively against Boyd. QB was 2/3 on passing and 1 TD scramble. Managed to move ball nicely with running game, good execution and few mistakes!

I think wardawg described us as "mediocre" last nite, but I would disagree. We took care of business, no injuries for the outing and seemed to gel. We might not have demonstrated the entire arsenal but who does in a jamboree!

In a later quarter, Baylor looked good against McMinn County. Very crisp, smooth. Huesman and Mackey will be forces to be reckoned with.

Go Blue!

McCallie will improve as the sean progresses. Huesman's stock will improve. I think he will get some very good offers. The young man has a great knowledge of the game. His mom taught him well. :D

I apologize it was wareagle958 who described the blue performance as "mediocre". Not wardawg! My sincere apologies!

You are right... us mom's have to work hard at educating our young sons! This old mom even learned a new football trick tonite! I got to be an electric clock operator for the first 5 minutes or so of the East Ridge/Grace match up!

I went and saw MBA v Oakland last night. It was a good scrimmage, Oakland came out fast on O and D. They scored from 10 yards out on their first offensive play after MBA muffed a punt and the refs blew it dead. After that Oakland didn't score with MBA's starters in. MBA scored on a long touchdown catch by Austin Blackwell, and the sophomore QB threw it because Simonis was still side lined. Oakland looked pretty good, it seemed MBA's conditioning was the key. MBA still has a long way to go though if they want to make a run for the title this year. I think the final score was 21-17 Oakland, but starters it was 7-7. Any words on the other scrimmages from BA or Ensworth?

Ensworth beat Anderson County in Cookeville at TTU 41-7. They threw for 4 TDs and ran the ball really well. Don't know how good Anderson County is this year so it may not be a good comparison. Ensworth held out several starters to make sure they were ready for Oakland on Friday night.