Grundy Co. @ South Pitt.

RubberBoots

Well I will go ahead and give my prediction for this one friday night...I think SP just has way to many athletes and was still very vanilia on the offensive and defensive play calling...I think the pirates not being ranked first in their own district and in the top 10 in the freepress poll has given them even more extra motivation than before....add that motivation to a disappointing end to last year and the pirates come out firing on all cylinders on offense and defense with something to prove..stay on a mission boys!

SP- 55

GC- 13

Well I about hit the score right on the head...here was my take..Grundy was not that bad of a team...they just happened to run into a very athletic bunch...To be honest Grundy should not of scored there last td because the boy clearly dropped the ball on 4th down but the blind refs didnt see it and then got an ear full from grider and wilson...but anyways that td didnt matter and that was on the jv....Offense looked smooth and will be tough to deal with...Travis...Only advice I got for you my brother is dont try to do to much...the 92 yard touchdown pass he threw was real pretty and on the money but he missed a guy for about a 60 yard td...but not to bad...just set your feet and realize you have tons of athletes around you...they can get the job done...just manage the game...Defense looked good...Come on warriors...Could be real ugly next week...but we still got to play hard...Here is an idea...go for 70 against them...not bad for a first game though...even though it was sloppy I will take a 53-14 win any day

Well I about hit the score right on the head...here was my take..Grundy was not that bad of a team...they just happened to run into a very athletic bunch...To be honest Grundy should not of scored there last td because the boy clearly dropped the ball on 4th down but the blind refs didnt see it and then got an ear full from grider and wilson...but anyways that td didnt matter and that was on the jv....Offense looked smooth and will be tough to deal with...Travis...Only advice I got for you my brother is dont try to do to much...the 92 yard touchdown pass he threw was real pretty and on the money but he missed a guy for about a 60 yard td...but not to bad...just set your feet and realize you have tons of athletes around you...they can get the job done...just manage the game...Defense looked good...Come on warriors...Could be real ugly next week...but we still got to play hard...Here is an idea...go for 70 against them...not bad for a first game though...even though it was sloppy I will take a 53-14 win any day

Old Pirate says congrats to the Pirates on ther 1st win of 2010

I enjoyed talking to a few of my buddies tonight. I had a few guys looking in my book reading some about the boys from Grundy. They had some big ole boys, but they didn't look real strong like I thought they would be. Let me ask you a question. What was Grider thinking when he called those pass plays and they got intercepted? What was all that mess about? Then it was fourth down and 14 and Grider called a quarterback rollout run. That was a bunch of mess. You think Im joking cause Im not. If we do that mess against a good team, we will get beat. I garuntee you that.

I just wanted to say the offense came out and blew Grundy off the line in the 1st quarter. I want to commend Cody Wordlaw #64 for the pirates. I watched him push off the line of scrimmage and send a Grundy safety barrel rolling on Travis long TD run. Our defense played really really well. Based on the way they played tonight, it will be VERY hard to run on us. Chubb and "Little Man" Johnson are play makers (give them the ball more often).

I watched the sideline after the 2 int's by Travis. He needs to keep his head up. After seeing the same plays later, it was merely a mis-read on his part. He will learn from it.

BTW: MERCY RULE #1

From a Grundy point of view this one followed the second rule of TDY. It went ugly early.

Looks to me like Vic may have another contender on his hands. Good luck the rest of the way Pirates.

Grundy, shake this one off. In the big picture it doesn't matter. Our season starts next Friday with Sequatchie County. Win that game and set the tone for the rest of the season.

DL.

Edited by DelTavian

Uncle Dave was a little off on his prediction...the Pirates are a little better than I expected. Grundy does not have a bad team, they just ran into a bunch of Pirates that have a little more speed and ability tonight. This team just needs to continue to work in practice, watch that film, and get better each week. I see a deep run in the playoffs if they do that the rest of the year. #12 overall had a decent night....a long run and a big touchdown throw to Chubb. He just needs some more game experience and to keep his head up when he makes a mistake. We all do that each day....the big thing is to learn from that mistake. Anyway, the Pirates were impressive tonight but have alot of room for improvement. Next up, the beatdown of the Jasper Warriors!!!

I had a pretty good prediction myself that was close. The funeral service is over. A moment of silence for the competition. In the end simply no competition. In my opinion a nonimpressive blow out for the Pirates. I know everyone wont agree with me, but thats what opinions are for. Travis is going to have to calm down, and just control the game like someone said earlier. Also the center needs to learn how to snap the ball just a little bit higher. When you get into a close game later on with tougher competition the little things can cost you. Next week will be a rilvary game, and I dont care how talented we are if we turn the ball over we can lose. I have seen a SP team that was way more talented lose to a less talented Jasper before so it can happen. Lets get the little things right. Other then that man we got some playmakers! The Sellers kid should get more touches then he does. Boy does he sure run hard! When Signal comes to town all I can say if get your popcorn ready :popcorneater: and remember this is the funeral service. R.I.P. Grundy County!

I had a pretty good prediction myself that was close. The funeral service is over. A moment of silence for the competition. In the end simply no competition. In my opinion a nonimpressive blow out for the Pirates. I know everyone wont agree with me, but thats what opinions are for. Travis is going to have to calm down, and just control the game like someone said earlier. Also the center needs to learn how to snap the ball just a little bit higher. When you get into a close game later on with tougher competition the little things can cost you. Next week will be a rilvary game, and I dont care how talented we are if we turn the ball over we can lose. I have seen a SP team that was way more talented lose to a less talented Jasper before so it can happen. Lets get the little things right. Other then that man we got some playmakers! The Sellers kid should get more touches then he does. Boy does he sure run hard! When Signal comes to town all I can say if get your popcorn ready :popcorneater: and remember this is the funeral service. R.I.P. Grundy County!

Oh yeah and I was joking about the Warriors comment. Maybe another year Young Funeral would be serious, but this year the Pirates could turn the ball over 5 times, and still win by 2 touchdowns. Good nite everyone. Warriors have a good last week of practice because Friday night it will be your turn to attend the funeral service. R.I.P. Grundy County