Memphis Central

MTOWN21

As the comments last year, hope you are not saying that going some 750 miles and such to play basketball makes one a better player than a player who competes with players just as good here in State. or Maybe one will never knowor may not want to know. But it is true, if a school does not want the State Wide Comparisons, going out of the State is what is best. And it only means the national school comparisons likely are only a bunch of hype that someone has hyped the school. Playiug in one's Tournament tht 6 0f the 10 schools are from out of state says something. Just stay away from those Tennessee high Schools and hype those freshman. You are in your own world down there in Memphis.

Edited by PHargis

As the comments last year, hope you are not saying that going some 750 miles and such to play basketball makes one a better player than a player who competes with players just as good here in State. or Maybe one will never knowor may not want to know. But it is true, if a school does not want the State Wide Comparisons, going out of the State is what is best. And it only means the national school comparisons likely are only a bunch of hype that someone has hyped the school. Playiug in one's Tournament tht 6 0f the 10 schools are from out of state says something. Just stay away from those Tennessee high Schools and hype those freshman. You are in your own world down there in Memphis.

Dude, it's getting the girls exposure for colleges and it's just an experience of a lifetime for high school basketball teams. If GC had the same team as they did last year or the year before, I'd love for them to venture out of state and playing against some nationally ranked teams just to see how we fare. Memphis Central has already made their mark on the national level by getting out of state and playing against St. Mary's(Cali.), Mt. Lebanon(PA) and the year before against Whitney Young(Ill.). I respect what Memphis Central has put together and the women's coach down there is one of the best in the state for sending girls off for college basketball. She does a great job!

November 26th

11:00AM St. Benedict (TN) vs. West Memphis Arkansas (Ar)

12:45PM H.W. Byers (MS) vs. Oldsmar Academy (Fl)

2:30PM Forrest Park (GA) vs. Ridgeway (TN)

4:15PM Hillsboro (TN) vs. Potters House Christian Acd. (FL)

6:00PM Hoover (AL) vs. Overton ( TN)

7:45PM Clarksville (TN) vs. Whitney Young (IL)

9:15PM Memphis Central (TN) vs. Bolingbrook (IL)

November 27th

11:00AM St. Bennedict (TN) vs. H.W. Byers (MS)

12:45PM Forrest Park (GA) vs. West Memphis Arkansas (Ar)

2:30PM Hillsboro (TN) vs. Bolingbrook (IL)

4:15PM Clarksville (TN) vs. Hoover (Al)

6:00PM Potters House Academy (Fl) vs. Overton (TN)

7:45PM Ridgeway (TN) vs. Oldsmar Academy (FL)

9:15PM Memphis Central (TN) vs. Whitney Young (IL)

I guess all these TN teams should be ashamed of themselves too. :roflol: Right PHargis..........

Oh, by the way, your remark about Memphis doing their own thing....is not worth me rebutting.

Edited by MTOWN21

So sad that a general discussion about the benefits of national exposure has to degenerate into cheap shots againt Memphis. By the way, Memphis Central has two juniors, Danielle Ballard and Aliyah Whiteside, ranked nationally #10 and #35 respectively--that's no "hype". Show some respect, if not some class.

Edited by BBallExtreme

Dude, it's getting the girls exposure for colleges and it's just an experience of a lifetime for high school basketball teams. If GC had the same team as they did last year or the year before, I'd love for them to venture out of state and playing against some nationally ranked teams just to see how we fare. Memphis Central has already made their mark on the national level by getting out of state and playing against St. Mary's(Cali.), Mt. Lebanon(PA) and the year before against Whitney Young(Ill.). I respect what Memphis Central has put together and the women's coach down there is one of the best in the state for sending girls off for college basketball. She does a great job!

:thumb:

November 26th

11:00AM St. Benedict (TN) vs. West Memphis Arkansas (Ar)

12:45PM H.W. Byers (MS) vs. Oldsmar Academy (Fl)

2:30PM Forrest Park (GA) vs. Ridgeway (TN)

4:15PM Hillsboro (TN) vs. Potters House Christian Acd. (FL)

6:00PM Hoover (AL) vs. Overton ( TN)

7:45PM Clarksville (TN) vs. Whitney Young (IL)

9:15PM Memphis Central (TN) vs. Bolingbrook (IL)

November 27th

11:00AM St. Bennedict (TN) vs. H.W. Byers (MS)

12:45PM Forrest Park (GA) vs. West Memphis Arkansas (Ar)

2:30PM Hillsboro (TN) vs. Bolingbrook (IL)

4:15PM Clarksville (TN) vs. Hoover (Al)

6:00PM Potters House Academy (Fl) vs. Overton (TN)

7:45PM Ridgeway (TN) vs. Oldsmar Academy (FL)

9:15PM Memphis Central (TN) vs. Whitney Young (IL)

I guess all these TN teams should be ashamed of themselves too. :roflol: Right PHargis..........

Oh, by the way, your remark about Memphis doing their own thing....is not worth me rebutting.

Where is this at? I'm coming....

Phargis

I respect your thoughts, but I have to disagree.

I believe Coach Bray has a very good reason for getting her players out to these tournaments. Getting them exposure they would never get playing in state. Now her reasoning is different from the school I coach at in Missouri. Our problem is there is very little competition at the level we play, therefore to find challenging games to prepare us for the post season we have to schedule whatever competition we can find. Last season we played Whitney Young, Wichita Heights and Midwest City, OK. All teams featured D-1 prospects, and we also played some of the best competition in the area including perennial power St. Joseph Academy. The head coach at Arkansas asked questions about a Jr guard we have that would have never even had her on the radar had we not played in Ft Smith Ark and the Tournament of Champions.

The other side of playing out of state vs in state is that by playing in state you give future state tournament teams if you play them during the regular season to have a better feel how they should play you if they have a second chance. I was an assistant under a very good coach that has won a few championships and he avoided playing many teams in the same classification as he might see them in the post season, and he was at an advantage by them not having played his team already.

But most important, this is an opportunity for the entire team, they may be great players that get D-1 offers, but others will be on these teams and their final basketball experience will be high school. Looking back and having gone to Phoenix, Chicago, Hawaii or wherever might the the highlight of their high school experience.

Keep traveling and don't worry about people's opinion. Your statements about the coach and her goals, results speak for themselves. As you can see, there are a lot of strange opinions sometimes. :)

The possibility of a Hawaii trip again in future seasons is also a draw for entering freshmen. :roflol: