gordonsville@smith co.

pasttiger

Don't have a dog in the hunt either way so it would be hard for me to be cowardly, but I do know the facts of the situation. Have no interest in whether or not the TSSAA investigates - just think it makes for an interesting topic of conversation. Someone asked earlier about the kid that is transferring to SC from Upperman starting tomorrow and I wondered what the status was of the one that transferred to Gordonsville already. If there is a waiver in place, guess there would be no reason for someone to get so upset about it being brought up...

The kid is playing, he got some snaps the other night, but what I go upset about is the fact that you get on here accusing him and his family of breaking the rules. Making allegations like that is not interesting topic of conversation. Maybe sounds like sour grapes for the two kids leaving.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what....I like the way P-Tiger and Croz think. (Except the Carthage thing which I can live with )All the coaches are super guys...I know them all (except Moose). THis is just my opinion. Sometimes...maybe too nice. That's what I like about Maynard. No past ties to SC whatso ever. Never played there,never played with the parents of any of the kids. Don't care who you are, who you parents are, rich, poor,nothing like that matters. I don't know for sure, but I've heard stuff that Moose has put up with the past year or two, Maynard wouldn't. I don't think Medley would either.....

I'm glad someone on here likes the way I think.

Like you said, there are some things that Marshall has put up with that I believe were detrimental to the team.

However, I don't know his grand plan, but this year, we should really see the fruits of his labor.

As for the game, like I've already said, they have to play a full 4 quarters.

They came out flat against Westmoreland, and I don't think they played up to their potential as a whole the rest of the game. Although, some individuals looked really good, but as a whole, they could've looked better.

If this team plays up to their full potential, they'll do some good things, and I really hope it happens.

The kid is playing, he got some snaps the other night, but what I go upset about is the fact that you get on here accusing him and his family of breaking the rules. Making allegations like that is not interesting topic of conversation. Maybe sounds like sour grapes for the two kids leaving.

Like I said before, it is nothing to me either way. I know they are both good families and good kids and I don't have any ties to either the school they left or the two they are attending. Being from Cookeville, it is a big topic of conversation since some thought that the Henson kid might transfer to CHS to play baseball and he was a standout player at Upperman. I understand that their families think that they aren't breaking the rules and would never intentionally do so - just a bad situation having something to do with the baseball team that drove them to find a new school is what I hear. I was hoping someone had more information and that he did actually have a waiver. According to the Herald Citizen, Henson is applying for one. I would hate to see the kids miss out on another year of play just because someone didn't know the rules and I wouldn't want a team to have a great year and then have to forfeit all of their games because they were playing a guy that they didn't know was ineligible.

all this streak crap only came about the last few years. i know nothing of it.

Streak only came about in the last couple of years? If your a "past tiger" then surely you know about the 26 game streak once upon a time. Yeah if your referring to this streak, I guess it came about in 1999.

As for this game, this year, I do think there is a possibilty that "this could be the year." Most years, I hear that, and in the back of my mind I'm thinking. "yeah they could win as anybody could beat anybody on any given day, but it's probably not going to happen because of a several reasons." But yeah, this year, I think the Kitties have a better than usual shot at winning. Of course, there have been other years when I thought the streak would end and the Owls came out on top and more convincing that I had anticipated.

All streaks come to an end eventually. And one day (maybe this year) the current streak will come to an end. If you were to ask a betting expert, he would tell you to "always bet on the streak, to never think eventually the other team will snap the streak, to always bet with the streak." Obviously, I'm not betting on the game, but I definitely share that philosophy.

What stinks is this is the first Smith County/Gordonsville game that I have missed since 1999. And I am sure that I am going to miss a good one. The positive thing about it, if the game doesn't go in SC's favor, I won't have to live that historic celebration.

My prediction...

Smith County - 27

Gordonsville - 20

Like I said before, it is nothing to me either way. I know they are both good families and good kids and I don't have any ties to either the school they left or the two they are attending. Being from Cookeville, it is a big topic of conversation since some thought that the Henson kid might transfer to CHS to play baseball and he was a standout player at Upperman. I understand that their families think that they aren't breaking the rules and would never intentionally do so - just a bad situation having something to do with the baseball team that drove them to find a new school is what I hear. I was hoping someone had more information and that he did actually have a waiver. According to the Herald Citizen, Henson is applying for one. I would hate to see the kids miss out on another year of play just because someone didn't know the rules and I wouldn't want a team to have a great year and then have to forfeit all of their games because they were playing a guy that they didn't know was ineligible.

Obviously, I don't know as much about the situation as I thought I did. First off, I know nothing about a kid from Upperman that might be playing at Gordonsville, but I did hear some about the one that is attending SC. I am all too aware of the rule (and so are the coaches at SC) that you speak of as I went from one school to another while I was in high school playing sports. I don't know of the situation to be as you are saying it is, and because of that, I don't know of a waiver rule that must be applied for. However, I do know if a kid attends one school while living in one county, as long as the kid moves (and yes doesn't still live part time in the other county) to another county he can attend school there and participate in sports after he is deemed eligible from the TSSAA of course. I think your saying that one or possibly both of the kids already live in Smith County? If that is the case, some people may not be aware of that. Besides, is Putnam County not like Smith County? Do you not have to live in Putnam County to attend a school in Putnam County? If not, I wouldn't like that if I was a resident of Putnam County and I was paying taxes for a kid to attend school when his parents didn't have to pay for him by paying taxes in another county.

Streak only came about in the last couple of years? If your a "past tiger" then surely you know about the 26 game streak once upon a time. Yeah if your referring to this streak, I guess it came about in 1999.

As for this game, this year, I do think there is a possibilty that "this could be the year." Most years, I hear that, and in the back of my mind I'm thinking. "yeah they could win as anybody could beat anybody on any given day, but it's probably not going to happen because of a several reasons." But yeah, this year, I think the Kitties have a better than usual shot at winning. Of course, there have been other years when I thought the streak would end and the Owls came out on top and more convincing that I had anticipated.

All streaks come to an end eventually. And one day (maybe this year) the current streak will come to an end. If you were to ask a betting expert, he would tell you to "always bet on the streak, to never think eventually the other team will snap the streak, to always bet with the streak." Obviously, I'm not betting on the game, but I definitely share that philosophy.

What stinks is this is the first Smith County/Gordonsville game that I have missed since 1999. And I am sure that I am going to miss a good one. The positive thing about it, if the game doesn't go in SC's favor, I won't have to live that historic celebration.

My prediction...

Smith County - 27

Gordonsville - 20

This series has went in streaks for both sides. Before this streak, I believe Gville won 4 out of 5. Granted SC's streak's are longer than Gville. I won't comment on why I think the streaks go as long as they do, but I don have my opinion.

And, as far as the celebration that will occur if we win, you should've seen the one in 98.

Croz, the kid coming to SC didn't play friday night, wasn't even dressed out.