Hendersonville v.s. Riverdale

warhawks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are youand TDCman related or just go to the same school? :popcorneater:

None of the above that i'm aware of! Both would be cool. I know we are both Huge Warrior fans! GO WARRIORS! :hungry::thumb: I live up in Ohio now. 2005 was our last year at Riverdale! Really miss that area! Enjoyed our 9 years though! 97 to 05! :flower:

Edited by warhawks

Where were these officials from tonight? Many ticky tack personal fouls called on Hendersonville.

or the ball that was touched at the 20 and they didnt see before hendersonville downed at the 10...as far as personal fouls it is REAL unusal to see and unsportsman like penalty against a team espcially 2 in a row but it is hard to tell as to what the kid had said each time.

GOOD GAME tonight by my WARRIORS we really worked on the passing game this week and it still need some work but we shall see how it goes as the season goes along these past 2 weeks it has appeared that we are working on things and trying tog et better each week which is a great thing as our schedule does not get any easier...sound game defensivly and still some kinks on offense but i did see improvment from last week and that is what we want with such a young team they are not making a lot of misstakes and doing a lit of little things right

GO WARRIORS

Where were these officials from tonight? Many ticky tack personal fouls called on Hendersonville.

I figured that the officiating would be a bone of contention. I didn't see all the calls as a couple were on the other side. The one's I saw were pretty legitimate.

Forearm to the face after the play...that will get called every time. Actually, the player's lucky that he didn't get ejected. When you wipe out the kicker, putting him out for the rest of the game, hardly a ticky tack call. Are you saying that wasn't a legitimate roughing call? Those penalties definitely affected the game...same could be said for the holding calls on Riverdale.

My take is that Riverdale was better on offense and defense. Hendersonville had a huge advantage in special teams. Kudos to the Riverdale offense for the great job of punching the ball out of horrible field position all night long. The young QB and RBs took care of the football in some very tough spots. I'm really looking forward to watching #13 run the offense for the next three years.

Both teams have a long way to go with their passing attacks.

It was a very, very physical game...to their credit, neither team gave an inch.

Riverdale needs to build some depth so fewer players have to both ways all night.

Congrats Warriors. Good job on a tough win. I don't think anyone is believing the whole we are young thing anymore. You guys are solid.

From the Hendersonville viewpoint:

Way too many mistakes, at least 5 dropped passes, 110 yds in penalties, missed tackles by our inexperienced secondary. Riverdale won the battle up front on both sides of the ball in my opinion. Impressive performance by the Soph QB and the FB Davenport. Hville will probably have to throw more based on what I saw last night. Howell had a pretty good 2nd half after a so-so first half. No doubt Riverdale is a good football team and deserved to win. I expect the Commandos to be back strong next week.

Riverdale and Hendersonville will both get easy wins vs. LaVergne if the new LHS coach and his staff don't find a new playbook soon. The QB draw, QB sweep, QB keeper on the option with an occasional long sideline pass is the most unimaginative and uncreative offense seen around this area since...well...Bobby Johnson last year at VU when they (Vandy) went from being a bowl winning team to a 2-10 also ran. If the new staff at LHS thinks they can line up and go "smashmouth" against the Oaklands and Blackmans and Riverdales of the world and end up with anything other than more 38-6 losses like the game at Brentwood, I would love to see them prove me wrong.

Win or lose, they need to open up the playbook. They should have scored 50 vs. Cane Ridge.

Riverdale and Hendersonville will both get easy wins vs. LaVergne if the new LHS coach and his staff don't find a new playbook soon. The QB draw, QB sweep, QB keeper on the option with an occasional long sideline pass is the most unimaginative and uncreative offense seen around this area since...well...Bobby Johnson last year at VU when they (Vandy) went from being a bowl winning team to a 2-10 also ran. If the new staff at LHS thinks they can line up and go "smashmouth" against the Oaklands and Blackmans and Riverdales of the world and end up with anything other than more 38-6 losses like the game at Brentwood, I would love to see them prove me wrong.

Win or lose, they need to open up the playbook. They should have scored 50 vs. Cane Ridge.

Well y'all can NOT say you were not warned after seeing what he did at Oak Ridge. Took a VERY successful program and almost destroyed it.