The Warriors from Marion Co. vs The SP Pirates

OLD PIRATE

OK.. I know there were probably too many parentheses in my post for you to comprehend.. but that is exactly what I said.. Runner up in 1A in 1982 and Runner up in 2A in 1984.. State Champs in 2A in 1990 and 1992.. State Champs in 3A 1994 and 1995.. Howie was using the excuse that we were 3A during his playing days which is why he never was on a winning team against Marion County.. He originally had Class of 85 in his signature until he removed it for some unknown reason... Ashamed would be my guess..

So long ago... :roflol: Pirates win big!

I garuntee you that this is going to be a big crowded game. Im going to have to get their early to get my seat. I have had a rough day at the doctor. I layed down on that table and started reading my Murphy Fair book and that doctor didn't even give me a warning. You think im joking but im not. I hope Grider has taken out that passer roleout run play. That play stunk. I still can't believe Grider called that play when it was fourth down and we needed 14 yards for a first down. I will try to get their early tomorrow and bring my book and red bulls so we can read in it some before the game.

I garuntee you that this is going to be a big crowded game. Im going to have to get their early to get my seat. I have had a rough day at the doctor. I layed down on that table and started reading my Murphy Fair book and that doctor didn't even give me a warning. You think im joking but im not. I hope Grider has taken out that passer roleout run play. That play stunk. I still can't believe Grider called that play when it was fourth down and we needed 14 yards for a first down. I will try to get their early tomorrow and bring my book and red bulls so we can read in it some before the game.

Roy, whats this mess I heard about jaspers new uniforms having black on them. Doesn't Murphy list them as purple and white?

PG, KL was wondering when you are going to quit living in the 90's and come on through Y2K? Anyways, glad to see you back. Warrior fans are few and far between on these here boards lately. Hope for an injury free game tomorrow night. Pirates roll.

Sorry KL.. I'm not living in the past... just trying to help your boy HowiePirate with his memories.. Like him, I graduated in 1985 and I know that all those years makes it tough to remember things accurately.. especially when those memories are as painful as his must be... Personally, I'm to focused on what's gonna be from November to March to be worried about what's happened in the past.. :thumb:

Maybe that Beck guy thinks he can camoflage his players so the Pirates think they are on the same team?

This will be the last post for PittsburgLegend until after the game tommorrow. You young lads can go ahead and sneeze because my presence blessed you. If Coach Beck finds a way to win this game tommorrow night then he can go ahead and accept the coach of the year award at the 50 yard line after the game. You young lads know that will not happen. As the PittsburgLegend has stated many of times the Pirates win big. Have a great day, and enjoy the game. It will be a fun one for the Pirate fans, and a sad one for the Warrior fans. God Bless young lads.

ACHIEVING LEGEND STATUS WAS MY CHOICE

Edited by PittsburgLegend

HEY TOM IT DIDN'T SEEM RIGHT YOU MISSING THE FIRST GAME. I GUESS WORK DOES HAVE TO COME IN PLAY SOMETIMES THOUGH. MIKE TOLD ME YOU'D BE HERE THIS WEEK FOR THE BEATDOWN. RIVALRY OR NOT ALOT OF PEOPLE SAY YOU CAN THROW THE RECORD BOOK'S OUT THE WINDOW,NOT THIS TIME..IT WILL BE VERY UGLY. THE WARRIORS WHETHER THERE FAN'S AND PLAYER'S REALIZE ARE JUST A MEDIOCRE TEAM NOW AND NEED TO GET OUT OF THE POST 90 DAY'S OF COLQUIT. THEY WILL NEVER BE THERE AGAIN. SP BY WHATEVER THEY WANT IN THIS ONE. SEE YOU AT THE GAME!!!

Yep, hated missing the game last week but had to go make a little cash...Will definately be there tonight to witness the beatdown. See ya there!!

Prediction: Pirates 62 Jasper 12

Edited by piratetom

I remember this game always being the one you circled on the calendar. If your not from SP or Jasper you have no idea about this rivalry. You may have heard of it and even got invloved with it but this game is deep. The oldest consecutive rivalry in the state of TN. Having said all this I remember in Mr. Warren days as principal we had pep rally's every Friday no matter who we played and Jasper week he was a little more lenient and we had cheerleaders in the hall during our 10 minute break at 10 and 1 doing pep rally's and it really got the player's more pumped up. We always had the big pep rally in the gym and the student's were really involved. I remember we even were tested on the alma matter as a grade in class. If you didn't wear orange or black to school on Friday you had detention. That's how much school spirit we use to have. I hear now that there not even having spirit day today? What has come of that. If someone from SP reads this you need to go back to some of the old time ways of reviving spirit in the kid's. As far as Jasper, I don't know what they do anymore but probaly about the same. Sometime's change is good but speaking as a fan,alumni,parent of SP the administration has dropped the ball.. The good thing is we can start back. I read the boy from Grundy that said it made the team play harder last year when more fan's started coming out to there game's and cheering them on. We at SP and Jasper have takin our fan base for granted I do believe. Some of these other team's would water at the mouth to have some of our crowd's and I do believe they can be bigger but it start's at the top.!!!Have a great day and that's my two cent's worth on this matter. Everyone be safe and let's bring a good crowd from both town's tonight!!!Sportman Out!!!!

How was the middle school? Ahh the Warrior faithful will show up tommorrow. One thing about the fans they love their team no matter how bad they are. Just like we would for the Pirates. The question is how long will the be there? :roflol: I say by halftime they are cleared out! What do you think Pitt? Remember everyone there is no competition!

Well I will say there middle school team did pretty well. They got a good running back but not a good defence. Well I guess they will show up just to see if there is going to be a marion county miracle. Then when they see that isnt going to happen they will be out of there before halftime. :roflol: My prediction is..........

Sp-67

J-13