Sullivan South vs. Daniel Boone 9/3/2010

2000southreb81

I'm still a little sore about the "who is the real DB remarks" that a few were saying last year.I don't think this team will be sleep walking into the Boone game.If there is a team I want to beat on our schedule it's Boone.I doubt that our players or coaches feel any different.I'm ready to move it up a week and forget Sevier county.So,I would mark us off as someone that will overlook Boone this year.

I believe Batman said it all. The Tribe and GC would probably love nothing more than to stick it to "lil db" this year. Maybe you're right Toss and Boone just has a "funk" over them when they play South... but from what I've seen from both DBs so far.... this one is going to get UUUUGLYYYYY!!!!! GC will hold the peddle to the metal until early in the 4th... and when the dust settles, I think you will finally realize what I'm saying. As I said on the Big 8 thread.... no disrespect, but this is not Boone's year. I really don't see how you guys are going to score on DB. You can only go to the HB pass so many times. If it's any consolation Toss... they're going to spank us too. :blush: But as the old saying goes... we still have to play the game. :thumb: Good Luck

Edited by Cap1

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my post wasn't directed towards DB it was directed towards crap1. I know you guys will be looking for some payback but I expect a different Boone team will show up in two weeks. There is something about that South funk that is unexplainable. Will we have enough to beat you guys, on paper no. We might stop option 1, 2 and 3 but then options 4 and 5 kill you. We will have to play our very best and DB will have to help us some but hey, that's why we play the games.

Well its all coming around now. The two biggest DB haters are starting to turn on each other. Maybe time spent as cell mates in the CoachT penalty box was a bit to much to handle. Maybe tosssalad ran out of salad dressing. :) I guess they'll never learn. Although they are much quiter now than at the start of the season.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Well its all coming around now. The two biggest DB haters are starting to turn on each other. :) I guess they'll never learn. Although they are much quiter now than at the start of the season.

You mean DBB haters (Dobyns Bennetts Bonehead). Nobodies turning against anybody... it's just hard to handle the truth in one big bite. Toss will take it in... and like I said... he will understand better after next weeks game. You just better make sure your boys get their flue shots this year... if you know what I mean. :thumb:

You mean DBB haters (Dobyns Bennetts Bonehead). Nobodies turning against anybody... it's just hard to handle the truth in one big bite. Toss will take it in... and like I said... he will understand better after next weeks game. You just better make sure your boys get their flue shots this year... if you know what I mean. :thumb:

A loss is a loss,nomatter what our excuses were last year.I still don't see how Boone beat TH in the playoffs.I really thought that team might win the state.

Went to this game because I thought it would be the best game in the area. Saw Boone play a couple of times last year and this did not look like the same Boone team. I sat on the Boone side because I know a couple of the parents. What was the deal with Jenkins and Boone?

Boone's defense was completely different from last year and according to the fans from the last two weeks. He changed his whole defense because of South according to the fans. Did he let it get to him and change too many things? I don't understand why they don't move the big DE outside and let him blitz more. South was able to get a hand on him and double team him with him being in. With that in mind, why is #16 not playing quarterback any more? He only played 2 series the entire game and ran the ball one time. The fans said that is the first time he has run it all year. He was a beast last year and he was hard to stop. What is the deal? I also heard they were going to have both QB's in the game at the same time, never happened last year.

Boone still can't play defense against the pass. TEams will kill them with the pass this year.

South looked great in their passing. They still have no rushing game except #12 running the ball. If he goes down, they are in trouble.

South impressed. Boone wsa disappointing. I thought they would be the team to beat and may be in the end but Jenkins was outcoached in every area of this game. Some fans believe he put too much pressure on the kids and allowed it to change everything that has been effective. Maybe he needs to get back to #16 at qb more and running the ball. They blitzed a lot last year and very little this year.

#7 for Boone looked good but that was at the end and wonder if South had let up a little. If he is going to QB why would you not have the other two at receivers. 2 6'3" receivers would be hard to defend.

Now, back to hibernation...........

Please my VMS! Do not hibernate at this critical hour! The gods of WACO have called us out by NAME! They are in desperation for proof of intelligent life forms! Do no miss their cry! They think what they say actually matters in this Wide World of Sports -we can prove them wrong. REBEL power- ACTIVATE!

Lipstick kiss - Bmama, BA

Edited by BTaylorMom

Please my VMS! Do not hibernate at this critical hour! The gods of WACO have called us out by NAME! They are in desperation for proof of intelligent life forms! Do no miss their cry! They think what they say actually matters in this Wide World of Sports -we can prove them wrong. REBEL power- ACTIVATE!

Lipstick kiss - Bmama, BA

Well....I've drove this one crazy. Who wants to be next?

I believe Batman said it all. The Tribe and GC would probably love nothing more than to stick it to "lil db" this year. Maybe you're right Toss and Boone just has a "funk" over them when they play South... but from what I've seen from both DBs so far.... this one is going to get UUUUGLYYYYY!!!!! GC will hold the peddle to the metal until early in the 4th... and when the dust settles, I think you will finally realize what I'm saying. As I said on the Big 8 thread.... no disrespect, but this is not Boone's year. I really don't see how you guys are going to score on DB. You can only go to the HB pass so many times. If it's any consolation Toss... they're going to spank us too. :blush: But as the old saying goes... we still have to play the game. :thumb: Good Luck

Well two weeks to prepare for it and then a part of the schedule to get Boone a rest on teams that are going to line it up against you and play football. Yeah, DB looks pretty good and South made us look pretty dang bad...but it's just one game and they gotta move on from there. IF the players spend the next two weeks just pondering on the loss and wondering how they can beat DB, it is going to work against them. The need to get that attitude from last year and just work hard the next two weeks to prepare. Heck, can't blame ya for thinking that way Cap. I have seen a couple of posts saying SH TH and DB are just heads above the rest....little too early to say all that but I will say that DB reports and the fans show them to be a very tough team.

But a week off, good luck to South I like Haynie as the coach there and I hope he is successful, especially against SH.

Well two weeks to prepare for it and then a part of the schedule to get Boone a rest on teams that are going to line it up against you and play football. Yeah, DB looks pretty good and South made us look pretty dang bad...but it's just one game and they gotta move on from there. IF the players spend the next two weeks just pondering on the loss and wondering how they can beat DB, it is going to work against them. The need to get that attitude from last year and just work hard the next two weeks to prepare. Heck, can't blame ya for thinking that way Cap. I have seen a couple of posts saying SH TH and DB are just heads above the rest....little too early to say all that but I will say that DB reports and the fans show them to be a very tough team.

But a week off, good luck to South I like Haynie as the coach there and I hope he is successful, especially against SH.

Last year Boone upset DB and two weeks later DB pounded a favored South team.This year South upset Boone and now Boone has two weeks to think about beating a favored DB team.Anything can happen on any night,but as I once again told my Tribe buddies this morning,if we can't beat everyone in this area,then we can forget about giving Maryville or any great 6A team any problems.We are very small and very fast against the locals.The great teams are very big and very fast,so we can't afford to be beat by the big 8 teams and think we are going anywhere special this year.