Sullivan South vs. Daniel Boone 9/3/2010

2000southreb81

I am not sure the play of the game wasn't Cody Medlin returning that kickoff 95 yds. I mean Boone had all the momentum and South has been struggling. That play seemed to energize the Rebels and give them a little confidence.

That KO return was HUGE...it lit a fire on the Rebel sidelines that I have not seen all year long. 2nd half was as good a half of football I have seen South play in a while....shut Boone down completely! Great Job Rebs! Keep it up!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure the play of the game wasn't Cody Medlin returning that kickoff 95 yds. I mean Boone had all the momentum and South has been struggling. That play seemed to energize the Rebels and give them a little confidence.

I agree... that was the turning point. Pretty good matchup tonight. But I have to be honest and say that despite what the score may suggest... not much offense to speak of at all from either team. Souths offense came strictly from the QB and his feet (typical South)... and Boone managed to take advantage of a weak secondary, a couple of defensive breakdowns, and both teams had at least one spectacular play by a receiver. I do have to admit that (just like last year) the Boone backs give 110% every play... especially #20. I know that both teams will improve as the season goes on... but at this point they could both be playing close games with Central and Volunteer and take a possible loss to Crocket. I know some won't like this post... but I'm just callin it like I see it. The only plus (other than South breaking their streak) is, Boone may have found the spark that could keep them in the fight with the reserve QB #7. He was WAY more productive with his limited amount of PT than both of the others put together. IMO... and it's just that... an opinion... there is a big gap separating the top three teams in the Big 8 (SH, THS, and DB) and the rest. And as bad as it pains me to say it.... DB is in a league of it's own in NET this year... but they still have to play the games. :hungry: That's not a bias assessment, It comes from seeing DB, THS, and now South and Boone in person... and putting that together with the results of tonight's games. :thumb:

South definately had some players step up and take charge. We still have much to fix. But there were many names to call for great plays. And of course Heath played wonderful. And this most likely was the vitamin this team needed to get them off the couch. But I want to say a shout to Jordan Cassell. He was not the most prolific player tonight but one play really caught my eye. I finally saw Jordan use intuition instead of logic when he hit a dead hole and did a reverse spin out of it and into the end zone. In true Rebel fashion Jordan. You've got it baby...just use it.

As much as the Rebels showed a different mentality I think we saw some of the coaching staffs intelligence. Pretty impressive.

Congrats to the Rebels on a HUGE WIN. I was wrong about this one, for sure.

This could turn the season around for South and they could be a contender for a 5A Playoff spot.

Good win.

Thanks Art.Tthere is still a lot to work on,but maybe we can gain a little momentum over the next 3 weeks before we come to the Fred for our whoopin.

I agree... that was the turning point. Pretty good matchup tonight. But I have to be honest and say that despite what the score may suggest... not much offense to speak of at all from either team. Souths offense came strictly from the QB and his feet (typical South)... and Boone managed to take advantage of a weak secondary, a couple of defensive breakdowns, and both teams had at least one spectacular play by a receiver. I do have to admit that (just like last year) the Boone backs give 110% every play... especially #20. I know that both teams will improve as the season goes on... but at this point they could both be playing close games with Central and Volunteer and take a possible loss to Crocket. I know some won't like this post... but I'm just callin it like I see it. The only plus (other than South breaking their streak) is, Boone may have found the spark that could keep them in the fight with the reserve QB #7. He was WAY more productive with his limited amount of PT than both of the others put together. IMO... and it's just that... an opinion... there is a big gap separating the top three teams in the Big 8 (SH, THS, and DB) and the rest. And as bad as it pains me to say it.... DB is in a league of it's own in NET this year... but they still have to play the games. :hungry: That's not a bias assessment, It comes from seeing DB, THS, and now South and Boone in person... and putting that together with the results of tonight's games. :thumb:

You better go get you a pair of glasses of your going to keep calling it as you see it. There is no way Cent, Vol, or DC, stay on the field with Boone and south. We have a week to come out of that blue haze that decends on us when we play South and get ready for a loaded DB team. We play so much better in the underdog role anyway so go ahead and sleep on us and we will see how it ends up at the end of the year.

You better go get you a pair of glasses of your going to keep calling it as you see it. There is no way Cent, Vol, or DC, stay on the field with Boone and south. We have a week to come out of that blue haze that decends on us when we play South and get ready for a loaded DB team. We play so much better in the underdog role anyway so go ahead and sleep on us and we will see how it ends up at the end of the year.

I'm still a little sore about the "who is the real DB remarks" that a few were saying last year.I don't think this team will be sleep walking into the Boone game.If there is a team I want to beat on our schedule it's Boone.I doubt that our players or coaches feel any different.I'm ready to move it up a week and forget Sevier county.So,I would mark us off as someone that will overlook Boone this year.

I'm still a little sore about the "who is the real DB remarks" that a few were saying last year.I don't think this team will be sleep walking into the Boone game.If there is a team I want to beat on our schedule it's Boone.I doubt that our players or coaches feel any different.I'm ready to move it up a week and forget Sevier county.So,I would mark us off as someone that will overlook Boone this year.

my post wasn't directed towards DB it was directed towards crap1. I know you guys will be looking for some payback but I expect a different Boone team will show up in two weeks. There is something about that South funk that is unexplainable. Will we have enough to beat you guys, on paper no. We might stop option 1, 2 and 3 but then options 4 and 5 kill you. We will have to play our very best and DB will have to help us some but hey, that's why we play the games.

my post wasn't directed towards DB it was directed towards crap1. I know you guys will be looking for some payback but I expect a different Boone team will show up in two weeks. There is something about that South funk that is unexplainable. Will we have enough to beat you guys, on paper no. We might stop option 1, 2 and 3 but then options 4 and 5 kill you. We will have to play our very best and DB will have to help us some but hey, that's why we play the games.

I agree about that,but don't forget the Z option.The Zebras killed us last year