HAMPTON@COSBY

BDF36

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Dogs :thumb: Its good to have a dependable kicker, how long were the field goals?

Longer than he would have made if he would have been kicking a real football instead of that rubber toy! but thats beside the point, we simply turned the ball over way to much to have deserved to even had been in that game. you wont beat anybody when you turn ot over 6-7 times I don't care how wet it was. to answer your first question the field goals were 47 and 36 with the rubber dollar store ball and he couldn't make an extra point with the real ball.

Longer than he would have made if he would have been kicking a real football instead of that rubber toy! but thats beside the point, we simply turned the ball over way to much to have deserved to even had been in that game. you wont beat anybody when you turn ot over 6-7 times I don't care how wet it was. to answer your first question the field goals were 47 and 36 with the rubber dollar store ball and he couldn't make an extra point with the real ball.

The fact of the matter is he made the field goals, which help us earn a victory. All the footballs are the same,cosby had the chance in the end to make an even shorter field goal with the same ball but couldnt put it through. Turnovers where costly to both teams. Both teams obviously played well just liked every1 expected. Should be the toughest team the DAWGS will play in the conference. Great game to both teams and way to go on the field goals.

The fact of the matter is he made the field goals, which help us earn a victory. All the footballs are the same,cosby had the chance in the end to make an even shorter field goal with the same ball but couldnt put it through. Turnovers where costly to both teams. Both teams obviously played well just liked every1 expected. Should be the toughest team the DAWGS will play in the conference. Great game to both teams and way to go on the field goals.

It wasnt the same ball thats my point! the ball hampton used to kick , wasn't leather or even synthetic leather , it was rubber. which normally isn't legal because you can kick it a mile farther than a REAL ball. Again though don't take this as thats why i'm saying you won cause it wasn't, and I know that, it's just kinda frustrating seeing a team with the tradition and history of hampton kicking a toy ball cause they found a loophole in the rule book to give them an advantage. Brag on your kicker all you want but he doesn't make either one of those kicking the same ball that we use or that 90% of what all other teams use. Again not why you won , we gave you the game bottom line!

pujo , sorry I missed u after the game, your guys played hard and never quit I know your proud of em. We got keep our kids heads up and we should be alright. We play our 4 toughest games to start the season and should finish strong, if we can hopefully we will see u guys again. I would normally pull for yall the rest of the way but mabe cloudland will get yuns and we can still get a tie for first again. Good luck next week. Tell mike to get a real ball to kick lol.

47 and 36 is all I wanted to know, dont care about your whining

It wasnt the same ball thats my point! the ball hampton used to kick , wasn't leather or even synthetic leather , it was rubber. which normally isn't legal because you can kick it a mile farther than a REAL ball. Again though don't take this as thats why i'm saying you won cause it wasn't, and I know that, it's just kinda frustrating seeing a team with the tradition and history of hampton kicking a toy ball cause they found a loophole in the rule book to give them an advantage. Brag on your kicker all you want but he doesn't make either one of those kicking the same ball that we use or that 90% of what all other teams use. Again not why you won , we gave you the game bottom line!

pujo , sorry I missed u after the game, your guys played hard and never quit I know your proud of em. We got keep our kids heads up and we should be alright. We play our 4 toughest games to start the season and should finish strong, if we can hopefully we will see u guys again. I would normally pull for yall the rest of the way but mabe cloudland will get yuns and we can still get a tie for first again. Good luck next week. Tell mike to get a real ball to kick lol.

Ok, man such whining from Cosby fans. It's been the same since 2005 when I stood on the fence on Cosby's side to hear all the whining. "They used a rubber ball boo hoo". You guys need to accept defeat. I've seen all the balls Hampton used and they all look the same and are the same. Almost all teams use a different ball for kicking. They do it in college and in the NFL. Its the same ball just made for kicking. The Dogs still won no matter what you whiners say. Both teams turned the ball over alot because of the weather conditions and that mud hole in the middle of the field. Maybe you guys can use some of the money from those spirit packs to get new jerseys, new grass, and new footballs.

GO DOGS!!!! 2-0!!!!

O yeah and to the Cosby fence monkeys on the field house end of the field, How bout those "Pound Puppies"!!!

GO DOGS!!!!!!!

Ok, man such whining from Cosby fans. It's been the same since 2005 when I stood on the fence on Cosby's side to hear all the whining. "They used a rubber ball boo hoo". You guys need to accept defeat. I've seen all the balls Hampton used and they all look the same and are the same. Almost all teams use a different ball for kicking. They do it in college and in the NFL. Its the same ball just made for kicking. The Dogs still won no matter what you whiners say. Both teams turned the ball over alot because of the weather conditions and that mud hole in the middle of the field. Maybe you guys can use some of the money from those spirit packs to get new jerseys, new grass, and new footballs.

GO DOGS!!!! 2-0!!!!

O yeah and to the Cosby fence monkeys on the field house end of the field, How bout those "Pound Puppies"!!!

GO DOGS!!!!!!!

BULLCRAP the balls are the same! If you would read the rest of my posts you would see were I wasn't blaming that on us losing just stating that its not quite the feat you think it is making those field goals with that ball. Everyone uses a different ball to kick with usually an older LEATHER ball. Call me a whiner if you want , but I'll call you a liar if you have seen those balls and say they are NOT different than the rest of them. Rubber ball with rubber laces that doesn't hold water and compresses like a superball when you hit it. I honestly am still wating for you guys to start your whining , how did the mighty bulldogs ONLY beat lowly little Cosby by 3 points, you guys must be awful this year.

Tell #83 he might want to be careful throwin the "N" word around when he's outside Caarter County. He is way to good of a ball player to act like that. Call me a whiner and liar about that too if it makes you feel better!

Edited by old24eagle

BULLCRAP the balls are the same! If you would read the rest of my posts you would see were I wasn't blaming that on us losing just stating that its not quite the feat you think it is making those field goals with that ball. Everyone uses a different ball to kick with usually an older LEATHER ball. Call me a whiner if you want , but I'll call you a liar if you have seen those balls and say they are NOT different than the rest of them. Rubber ball with rubber laces that doesn't hold water and compresses like a superball when you hit it. I honestly am still wating for you guys to start your whining , how did the mighty bulldogs ONLY beat lowly little Cosby by 3 points, you guys must be awful this year.

I have not heard anybody say anything bad about Cosby and everybody says Herzog awesome. But, you did start whinning about the ball they kicked. If its in the rules and you don't use it, sounds to me like you got out coached, period.

Tell #83 he might want to be careful throwin the "N" word around when he's outside Caarter County. He is way to good of a ball player to act like that. Call me a whiner and liar about that too if it makes you feel better!

We have nothing to whine about. We still won. Cosby had 7 turnovers and Hampton had 5 turnovers. 2 of Cosby's were interceptions. Both teams had turnovers due to weather so to me it was pretty even. The game was very close and Herzog is a gamer. Most teams do use a different ball for kicking and Hampton is no different. I guess we can agree to disagree on the type of ball it is. The kicking balls look the same but the guts are different. The ref's even called a good game. I saw what #83 was doing and I am sure the coaches will handle it accordingly. Cosby does seem to give the Dogs a tough game at home. It was a tough game. Wish it had been dry.

GO DOGS!!! 2-0!!!

Edited by HHSBulldogType2001

I wasn't at the game Oldeagle, I've grown to expect the unexpected when we travel to Cosby,its something every time.Those games drive me nutty. Just glad we got the w. As far as the kicking goes, I've seen the kid kick long fieldgoals with a regular ball. By far ' the best kicker we've ever had, the best part about it is ,he is only a sophmore. But anyway, thats got to be a tough loss for you guys, but I don't think this will be the only tough test for either of us in this region. Hampton has to get healthy and they also have to improve. Got a couple of easy games ,but 6 of the final 8 could go either way.