Maryville vs Knox Powell thoughts

REBELRON

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cruiser71red

Hey Drifter, Welcome to the club. I am like you, MIlligan this Milligan that. What are those Panther fans saying? If we can only stop nos. 2,4,7,9,14,23,25,33,64,54,53,52,32,76,and that wide open offense, we may have a chance. I'm with you and the power ratings......Red Rebels 34-7. A challenge to all of the Rebel fans. Do you think we can fill up "THE SKEETER" more than 2/3 for someone else other than a County foe? After all, this is a region game with two undefeated teams. RebelRon, I may have to talk your folks at work. I mean where do you find all of this time to gain facts about average high school players? Maybe it is because you have such a keen eye for talent. After all, you have been a Maryville fan for a while. Let's hope for good weather and we'll see ya on the fifty. Go BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!

Powell has been talking about Maryville all year long. In the pre-season preview in the News-Sentinel, Milligan said Maryville was always on his mind. They're coming over here looking for the big upset. I think it is important that Maryville keeps expanding their offense and keeps hustlin' on defense. As impressive as we were against Mo-Town West, we must realize that you only get better or worse, you never stay the same. Keeping a team from peaking too early, becoming complacent, or digressing is always something that coaches work hard to guard against. However, I have complete confidence in our staff to handle our team in the appropriate manner. Their track record speaks for itself. Now let's get after Milligan and the rest of those Panthers on Friday. Go Rebs.

I may be misinterpreting most of you, but you all seem very cocky and have no respect for this week's opponent. I'm a Powell alum and although I do believe Maryville will win Friday, I think Derek Milligan is as good as advertized. If you did your research, you would see that he has yet to achieve 30 carries in one game this year. He hasn't had to carry the entire offensive load, unlike Andrew Tudor did last year. Cole Patrick is the best looking QB at Powell since the mid 90s. After Powell's first 3 games against 3 of the worst teams in East TN, I was very skeptical of Milligan. But unlike Tudor, he proved he could run all over good defenses, as he has proved the last 2 weeks. Maryville will slow him down, but Powell's D can't slow Maryville enough to win. My prediction: Maryville 42 Powell 17

When you're 5-0 and you have a HUGE offensive line you should and have to get 4-5 yards a pop, at least! Besides they think we're rednecks! The thing I've noticed this year is injuries. Cole McKinney has a moveable brace on this week, special teams player Dan Fondell has a hurt ankle, not entirely sure of the problem, Drew Eubanks has a cracked wrist. It seems one thing that might beat us this year will be injuries! Hopefully not!

Posted by osunut2:

I may be misinterpreting most of you, but you all seem very cocky and have no respect for this week's opponent. I'm a Powell alum and although I do believe Maryville will win Friday, I think Derek Milligan is as good as advertized. If you did your research, you would see that he has yet to achieve 30 carries in one game this year. He hasn't had to carry the entire offensive load, unlike Andrew Tudor did last year. Cole Patrick is the best looking QB at Powell since the mid 90s. After Powell's first 3 games against 3 of the worst teams in East TN, I was very skeptical of Milligan. But unlike Tudor, he proved he could run all over good defenses, as he has proved the last 2 weeks. Maryville will slow him down, but Powell's D can't slow Maryville enough to win. My prediction: Maryville 42 Powell 17

No disrespect or cockiness intended. but according to knoxpreps.com milligan has 118 carries on the season and the next highest number of carries is 25. and the qb is only throwing it around 5 or 6 times a game because he has only thrown 36 for the season. we have respect for powell. but the numbers don't lie.