Powell vs Oak ridge

SweetScience

lol Whatever you say PowellVol . You magically appear on any thread that mentions Powell , I do the same if Maryville is mentioned . How are we different?

Magically appear? Look back through the thread, Peppy. This is a Powell-Oak Ridge game thread. Why shouldn't I be here discussing the game? And, no, I don't get involved in every thread that mentions Powell. I don't read every thread on this forum, so I don't know where Powell is being mentioned except in their game threads or threads that they are mentioned in the subject line.

You are really something, Peppy.

What you're hearing are rumors from the 40's and 50's. And there may have been folks move here from surrounding counties that went to work at one of the plants..... and their son was a good football or basketball player so who knows? A lot folks moved here from Campbell county in the early 50's and their sons were really good football players. I'm just saying. And my family moved here in 1945.

Very good point.

Next topic. I "heard" that all that radiation gives them Oak Ridge boys an unfair advantage. Sorta like Spiderman or the Hulk. And that the smart people from X-10 put listening devices on the visitor's sidelines.

Had to get that out of my system. 25 hours till tailgating!

Don't make this about me..

Someone else brought up Maryville .. They were saying that we needed to mirror The Maryville Program .. I said no thank you.... I said Alcoa's program would be my model. I bet you would agree with that.. Would you not?

Sorry to take away from the Powell game but....

Don't be so innocent. You threw in two not-so-concealed jobs about Maryville on page 3 of this thread. And when I asked about being like Maryville you didn't say "no thank you". You said No and "at least Oak Ridge always played in the right class". Why slam Maryville without them attacking you? Go ahead and minimize everything you say and get upset when anyone says about you (or your team). What I don't get is when me and nole said something about your program, you wanted us to provide proof (as it should be). Yet, you can imply something about someone's elses program and guess what? You want them to provide proof that they are innocent. You are such a check-valve. ONE WAY! I call you a banana. You say prove I am a banana. YOU call someone an orange and then tell them to prove they are not an orange. The governing body of TN sports has no qualm with them. No charges or accusasions. They played by the rules that were laid before them. To a "T".

So far, on this thread, rallycat, HTV, jedave30, OR nole, pepvol, and me have all wasted our time arguing with another poster. The common denomonator is bladerunner.

OR Nole, do you know anything about Sam Bingham. I know he is a senior and a starter and that he has been out of action. Do you know what his injury is and when he'll be back? He's been in the program for a long time and I know he will help the team. Anybody?

Sam could play tommrow but prob next week or at the latest 2 weeks.Torn miniscus.Deron Williams will be starting on the d line aganist powell as of today and Shink out forever because of enlarged heart.Deron was broke bone in hand I think

Sorry to take away from the Powell game but....

Don't be so innocent. You threw in two not-so-concealed jobs about Maryville on page 3 of this thread. And when I asked about being like Maryville you didn't say "no thank you". You said No and "at least Oak Ridge always played in the right class". Why slam Maryville without them attacking you? Go ahead and minimize everything you say and get upset when anyone says about you (or your team). What I don't get is when me and nole said something about your program, you wanted us to provide proof (as it should be). Yet, you can imply something about someone's elses program and guess what? You want them to provide proof that they are innocent. You are such a check-valve. ONE WAY! I call you a banana. You say prove I am a banana. YOU call someone an orange and then tell them to prove they are not an orange. The governing body of TN sports has no qualm with them. No charges or accusasions. They played by the rules that were laid before them. To a "T".

So far, on this thread, rallycat, HTV, jedave30, OR nole, pepvol, and me have all wasted our time arguing with another poster. The common denomonator is bladerunner.

Dude, relax! You're going to run into these situations a lot on Coach T. Wait till you meet Turtle or Opie. By the way, I think you are 100% correct. The burden of proof belongs to the accuser.

Cats win Friday. Just win baby!

Sam could play tommrow but prob next week or at the latest 2 weeks.Torn miniscus.Deron Williams will be starting on the d line aganist powell as of today and Shink out forever because of enlarged heart.Deron was broke bone in hand I think

Glad to know more help is coming soon. What a shame to hear about Shink's final diagnosis. As heartbreaking as it may be, at least the young man knows. No tragic surprises.

Bottom line is any team with a winning tradition like the oak ridges, maryville's, and alcoa's of the world are gonna get accused of "cheating" transferring players, "recruiting" etc.. it is just human nature to hate on teams that have always won. It is usually started by other schools fans who are jealous of those teams... it is just human nature.. i played at oak ridge my sophomore year.. i played behind mike gipson, jason mcaddley, so i quit, can you blame me? both of those boys played in the oak ridge boys club, along with oak ridge great shaun bohanon.. but, people say we still cheated and recruited (jealous fans of opposing teams) every single guy on that team that were major contributors were oak ridge born and bred... spencer gulmire was originally from atlanta georgia, if i am not mistaken, but he didnt come here to play for oak ridge... his dad got a job here, so he HAD to come here, so you cant blame anybody for that one... it is like coach gaddis used to say when he was at oak ridge.. they can hate, so long as they respect.. oak ridge has always won traditionally, so humans will be humans and make accusations of why were good, blah blah... same goes with maryville, alcoa, any team that has always been a winner.. it is just how it is... humans will be humans..

Glad to know more help is coming soon. What a shame to hear about Shink's final diagnosis. As heartbreaking as it may be, at least the young man knows. No tragic surprises.

I'm not sure, but I believe this condition was discovered through the Heart Screen for Teens program. That is a fabulous program and its great that OR embraced the opportunity to participate. Sad the young man has to give up sports, glorious that the condition was discovered before a practice or game field tragedy. :thumb:

Bottom line is any team with a winning tradition like the oak ridges, maryville's, and alcoa's of the world are gonna get accused of "cheating" transferring players, "recruiting" etc.. it is just human nature to hate on teams that have always won. It is usually started by other schools fans who are jealous of those teams... it is just human nature.. i played at oak ridge my sophomore year.. i played behind mike gipson, jason mcaddley, so i quit, can you blame me? both of those boys played in the oak ridge boys club, along with oak ridge great shaun bohanon.. but, people say we still cheated and recruited (jealous fans of opposing teams) every single guy on that team that were major contributors were oak ridge born and bred... spencer gulmire was originally from atlanta georgia, if i am not mistaken, but he didnt come here to play for oak ridge... his dad got a job here, so he HAD to come here, so you cant blame anybody for that one... it is like coach gaddis used to say when he was at oak ridge.. they can hate, so long as they respect.. oak ridge has always won traditionally, so humans will be humans and make accusations of why were good, blah blah... same goes with maryville, alcoa, any team that has always been a winner.. it is just how it is... humans will be humans..

So true.

Pretty sure the three Gulmire brothers came from Powell in late elementary or middle school. I could be wrong.