RHEA COUNTY vs. DEVRIN YOUNG (BEARDEN)

EaglePride1

As far as the offense goes, the information I have received is that Coach Cameron didn't have much faith in our defense tonight (who could blame him?) and decided to keep it vanilla in order to save his more innovative schemes for games in which we have a greater chance of winning.

Glad I could clear that up for you guys. Go Eagles! :thumb:

Classic. :D

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That game was so frustrating on so many levels. We played hard all night, but not scoring one point is bothersome. The holding call on the TD by spider was so rediculous and ticky tack. Hopefuily all the guys that got banged up tonight heal up quickly. We are going to need them next week in a HUGE district game at Bradley.

Also just another side note freshman running back Tyler Walden is more than likely out for the rest of the year. He suffered a cracked lumbar vertebrae during the freshman game last night. This is a big lose for the freshmen.

Edited by Rhea Co.

That game was so frustrating on so many levels. We played hard all night, but not scoring one point is bothersome. The holding call on the TD by spider was so rediculous and ticky tack. Hopefuily all the guys that got banged up tonight heal up quickly. We are going to need them next week in a HUGE district game at Bradley.

Also just another side note freshman running back Tyler Walden is more than likely out for the rest of the year. He suffered a cracked lumbar vertebrae during the freshman game last night. This is a big lose for the freshmen.

Yep, prayers to Tyler and his family. Thanks Rhea Co. for putting things in perspective. We got out of last night's fiasco with no major injuries except maybe to our pride.

Coaching. That's all I'm going to say, coaching. The boys played hard but I really do not know what the heck the coaches were doing all night.

And Unsilent Majority, Walt doesn't go to the huddle because he's wanting to be first in the food line. If he doesn't get a head start the boys will beat him to it.

Spider Monkey, you worked hard for that touchdown. You had more moves than Ex-Lax out there, boy. You clawed your way into the end zone. To have that called back was a shame.

Wonder why we schedule games with teams like WC (too far of a drive), Knox Catholic and Bearden when we know we're going to get beat?

Now that we've pissed and moaned, let's look to next week and a district game. Put it behind you, boys, and get 'er done next Friday. Fans are behind you all the way!

Also, wouldn't it be nice to see a young man like Devrin Young play in a welled oiled machine of an offense like Coach Cameron's? He'd have scholarship offers from absolutely EVERYWHERE.

I do not know if this is sarcasm or not. But, Devrin has gotten scholarship offers from plenty, Stanford being the only D1 school. IMO..He would get the same offers if he played for Coach Camerom's offense.

The reason, I say this is Coach Taylor's offense only succeeds because of his players. Him and his staff are bye far are some of the worst in the state and many and Bearden do not care for them. Imo..next season Bearden will be a 5-5 or 4-6 team and that is me thinking positive.

Devrin Young may not be worthy of all world status. But as one has said RC defense showed him to much attention. Will all that attention, he still racked up 196 yards and 2 TD's on 13 carries. That is 15.07 yards per carry, if the calculator on my cell phone is correct.

18 TD's and over 1000 all purpose yards in 4 games and still can't impress some people.

I do not know if this is sarcasm or not. But, Devrin has gotten scholarship offers from plenty, Stanford being the only D1 school. IMO..He would get the same offers if he played for Coach Camerom's offense.

The reason, I say this is Coach Taylor's offense only succeeds because of his players. Him and his staff are bye far are some of the worst in the state and many and Bearden do not care for them. Imo..next season Bearden will be a 5-5 or 4-6 team and that is me thinking positive.

You're misinformed if you think that Stanford offer is still in place.

If Young played for Rhea Co, he would literally get 30-40 touches a game.

If Young played for Rhea Co, he would literally get 30-40 touches a game.

walts biggest fan, what kind of a Rhea County fan are you? Replying to your terrible post earlier about the OC calls, and how he was "saving it" for a game he thought we could win. That just goes to show how neither you (who probably is walt) or our coaches believed we could of won that game. our players sure did, and they played hard, but when you dont have coaches that take pride in their players and Bill Horton Field then you dont have a team, just the blind leading the willing.

My my all this negative talk. Told you guys, and a few moms, it was going to be this way before the season ever started. It will continue until coaching changes are made. Boys it is not your fault. Hang in there.

The Good

. We played a decent first half.

. Cameron you impress me son.

. Pregame music was a good change.

. Perfect football weather

Yes I am struggling.

The Bad

. Coaching was terrible. No need in going into details.

The Ugly

. We gave up and just wanted it over with in the 4th.

One more thing. Since the coaches do not give a flip would one of you team captains think that you could arrange for all the players to wear the same uniforms. There was a big discussion in the stands about how sloppy the team looks. Different shoes, long socks, short socks, no socks, shirts in, shirts out. You may may think this is just a gripe session but it is that thing again called pride. Not only that but since we have a local factory who supplies the uniforms not to mention we are probably one of the only teams to have Nike we should be the best looking team in the state. Again no excuses.

Ok...I guess, I need to go and smack my best-friend whom I have for 20 yrs, that is Devrin's step-father for lying to me. While, I am at it, I will smack Devrin upside the head too.

What makes you an authority on this subject?

Edited by Kidstaxi

Ok...I guess, I need to go and smack my best-friend whom I have for 20 yrs, that is Devrin's step-father for lying to me. While, I am at it, I will smack Devrin upside the head too.

Everyone knows that Young is going to Stanford, and that a number of other schools were looking at him, some people on this thread make it a point to make themselves look like fools. please forgive them.

I dont know where these guys get that he doesnt have a Stanford offer. You and I know the family better than anyone and no one has said he doesnt have a Stanford offer. Looks like WKU is going to offer him. They called this morning and said they are very interested and want him to come to a game next week against Indiana....he is talking to several schools...and he will get more offers...

he told the WKU coach that Rhea County "contained " him somewhat and he told his stats.....the coach got a chuckle out of that............

he has rushed the ball only 35 times and has 764 yards and 13tds.......he has touched the ball only 44 times and has 1116 APY yards and 18 tds.......

Edited by orangeblur