Best Receivers in Single A

youthsportsPIX

I wanted to start a string on the best receivers in single A this year. I start off with Senior #19 Thomas Knobloch who plays for Nashville Christian who in the first 3 weeks of play this year. Last year he finished in the top 5 in the mid state and continues to put up big numbers.

I pull these stats from the Tennessean on the leading receivers in the mid state area which include all classes.

Name School G REC YDS AVG TD 2P LNG

Thomas Knobloch Nashville Chr. 3 20 331 16.6 3 0 0

Tyler Manning Macon Co. 3 16 200 12.5 2 0 0

Louis Trapnell CPA 3 16 195 12.2 1 0 0

Christian Leake Independence 3 16 129 8.1 2 0 0

Sam Cranford CPA 3 14 244 17.4 2 0 0

Justin Mitchell Ezell-Harding 3 13 161 12.4 1 0 0

Hunter Branch Fairview 2 12 195 16.3 3 0 0

Nick Hill Pearl-Cohn 3 12 170 14.2 1 0 0

Tory Hardison Giles Co. 3 12 161 13.4 1 0 0

J.T. Williams La Vergne 3 12 139 11.6 0 0 0

nashvillechristiansports.com

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it not surprise me that Mr Chubb from South Pittsburg is on this list. Well we will wait till the end of the year and see then. Typical early season list. I am sorry for not reading the whole post before my mouth took over. Chubb is something special even though he want get near as many touches as some others.

Edited by MrLegit

I garuntee you the best receiver in single A is Austin Rice from Wayne County. That is who Murphy picked as the preseason all state. My book says this Rice boy is 6'2 185 pounds and is the coaches son. His brother plays quarterback. I garuntee these boys practice all the time at home and are real good. My book says this quarterback is also a 2 time all state selection. Murphy also picked this other Rice boy as a preseason all state selection. I garuntee you that they will be good this year. I bet they didn't take off practice today like Grider did.

Wayne County practiced at 7:30 this morning. We'll find out where we are this week.

Perry County probably has the best set of recievers... They got Dray Mercer 3 games, 11 catches with 209 yards recieving with 2 tds.. Zach Grimes 3 games, 10 catches with 203 yards recieving with 4 tds... PC also has a top 5 newcomer of the year according to the tennessean, Cannon Rhodes, hes a tall kid and its first year of football so he is adapting still...Also they acquired another newcomer, Taylor Dill, they throw alot of outs to him..

*All stats came from the tennessean website

Edited by Dundee