Oneida @ Cumberland Gap

crow

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After three rough weeks can Oneida get back in the win column at CG this week?

Having seen the Indians in person, I think they will win games this season. I can see 6-4 or 7-3 out there in the future. CG runs an offense similar to Wartburg's and they did a pretty good job against it. Held them to one offensive touchdown. The biggest thing is getting these younger kids ready to play each week and the Oneida staff knows how to do that. I think this team will continue to improve every week and will be contenders for a playoff spot. The growing pains now will pay dividends greatly down the road.

Good luck the rest of the season.

After three rough weeks can Oneida get back in the win column at CG this week?

Hey crow, I think Cumberland Gap will be very similar to Wartburg minus the all-state LB. Probably be a bit bigger on the line but not as quick.

It will be a good test for the boys to step up and hold the line (the proverbial line, not the O-line, D-line or line of scrimmage! :rolleyes:)

You have to come together as a team in order to accomplish your objectives for the rest of the season. I overheard a conversation between a player and a fan, both of which will remain anonymous. Fan said...."looks like you guys fell just short again" and the player responded that it wasn't his fault. Dude, get this through your head...everybody bears a little of the burden! In an individual sport if you lose, there is no one else to blame but yourself. In a team sport the dynamic is different....YOU ARE ALL IN THIS ONE TOGETHER! Having said that WE have to get out of the tailspin....only way that is going to happen? Quit dropping the ball! At some point it won't matter how talented you are, if players continue to kill drives because they don't secure the football. Here is a challenge see how many games you can go without a fumble! I don't know about CG, but right now my boys are their own worst enemy! :o

Kazonite

I said when this season started that they would be fun to watch, and they have been. A bounce here and there and this team could be 3 and 0. I know it frustrating, but Brewster is a young coach with a new staff and a really young team. It is what it is. Enjoy it. The ball will bounce our way again. Kaz, Smash, you know we have seen our share of rough roads and we will see them again.

I said when this season started that they would be fun to watch, and they have been. A bounce here and there and this team could be 3 and 0. I know it frustrating, but Brewster is a young coach with a new staff and a really young team. It is what it is. Enjoy it. The ball will bounce our way again. Kaz, Smash, you know we have seen our share of rough roads and we will see them again.

0-3 and worse record in state. go cg!!!

They are not so young maybe inexperienced. Remember Kinderstart.

Hoo Rah.....burn the Tepee's! :roflol:

Ole Tiger.....appreciate your candor. Apparently you have a lot in common with wet cow manure. Good win Keith Henry and Coalfield Jackets.

Season ain't over yet....let's see how it shakes out. Tough loss, but not beyond reasonable to expect us to still be in the hunt in the end.

BALL SECURITY.....get it right.

The team is the thing.

Easy to second guess....nothing hard is ever easy.

:thumb: Kazzy :thumb: