McMinn Central

PUMMELKING

hey warhorse,

yes it does matter what offense you run.all i'm saying is mix it up!anyone that knows football knows that if you mix it up and have a balanced attack of sum sort then they won't be able to know what you are going to run.and yes they do have receivers that can catch it and two qb's that can throw the ball.and it don't have to be the hail mary every time either.they threw it in the jambroee and they where two steps from a touchdown pass vs. mcminn,and also completed several short passes at cleveland.correct me if i'm wrong warhorse, but central only tried to pass 2 maybe 3 times against lowly walker valley the whole game.if they would hit some short passes early in the game,then that would open up the run game more.friday night the walker valley d-backs were only playing off the line about 10 yards, because they knew central was only going to run the ball.ray charles could see that!!as for the o-line,central has a big line. but, its hard to stop all 11 on defense when they know what's coming.and for your comment on the o-line on punt,there's only 5 linemen.what is the other 6 doing on punt.and the way that central punts,they only have to run about 30 yards.we could debate this team for a month and it may not change anything.bottom line is,central has some talent,it just has to be used in the right way.this friday is the only game that i see central having a chance to win unless some chages are made.sequoyah will be very tough there,kingston tough there,sweetwater very improved there,alcoa is alcoa,and sequatchie co. will be tough there.oh and by the way warhorse,i do coach!and i went to central and i bleed blue!but,i also call it like i see it.

Im not a Central fan but was at the game Friday. They tried to throw about 10 times. The qb either got sacked, took off and ran, or made a bad throw. I think he completed one in the flat. Teams that dont have a good o-line run the veer because it gives the offense a chance if the defense guesses wrong, i.e. a few of the runs number 7 had and a few gives up the middle. If you are a coach, you would have seen while the option was the main attack, they did vary formations and mixed in other runs and passes. As far as the punt thing, you are wrong, NO ONE uses their O line to cover on punts...maybe d linemen, but mostly linebackers and skill players. You need people that tackle. Another thing, coach, if the dbs are 10 yards off the ball, it isnt because they are expecting run, they are trying not to get beat deep. I did see on the passes they attempted, they had people running wide open if the o line could have given the qb any time. Sounds like they need an o line coach. I nominate Ballcoach93

well i know that everybody wants a quick fix but it doesnt look like this will be a quick fix. my 2 cents is join the little leagues. and prepare to build on that. just take your lumps alot of ppl want payback for the last couple of years

I am confused playmaker. You say take YOUR lumps but yet you claim you are a Charger supporter. It seems you feel strongly about the program.

I will agree, I would like to see the Englewood and Etowah programs work more closely together at the junior level I think the kids would benifit from it, especially good practices. I used to be a believer in joining the 2 groups until the issue of playing time was viewed by my own eyes. The third group would have nearly 70 kids, which is great, but would you want to be responsible for getting all those kids in a little league game. I agree that if we worked harder to get these kids interested in playing football and teach them that Etowah and Englewood is ONE we will be better off. There are things we can do, such as an all star game - joining the (Juniors only) two groups for a couple of weeks to create some type of togetherness. I would love to go play Meigs with US joined. It is like anything else in life, my self included, we do not always produce the best of ourselves in our jobs, in our homes, and in our community. It is funny how sometimes we expect more of kids than we do of ourselves.

hey guys, ol' ballcoach here

i also would like to see the two youth programs in etowah and englewood get together on some things.i think in the long run it would be a great benifit to central.a great feeder program is a must now days.and i agree logcabinman, it would be difficult to handle 70 kids for playing time.it's hard enough with just 20 or so young ones.

I am confused playmaker. You say take YOUR lumps but yet you claim you are a Charger supporter. It seems you feel strongly about the program.

I will agree, I would like to see the Englewood and Etowah programs work more closely together at the junior level I think the kids would benifit from it, especially good practices. I used to be a believer in joining the 2 groups until the issue of playing time was viewed by my own eyes. The third group would have nearly 70 kids, which is great, but would you want to be responsible for getting all those kids in a little league game. I agree that if we worked harder to get these kids interested in playing football and teach them that Etowah and Englewood is ONE we will be better off. There are things we can do, such as an all star game - joining the (Juniors only) two groups for a couple of weeks to create some type of togetherness. I would love to go play Meigs with US joined. It is like anything else in life, my self included, we do not always produce the best of ourselves in our jobs, in our homes, and in our community. It is funny how sometimes we expect more of kids than we do of ourselves.

well my bad on the YOUR, i didnt mean that to offend i meant it as though im not part of the team. Well look at the central knights juniors they are weak and small and have a hard time competing in the confrence and i think that if the kids want to get better join central and get a high school atmosphere about the practice. i dont care if they join englewood but in all fairness i think central is the appropriate name. i love the idea of an all-star team i think that its what is needed but we need to start these kids at the cricket level and get them to grow up playing together. thats why central chargers were good the past three years is the group that was playing had played together since second grade. i just have a hard time seeing central get killed on friday nights and the goodin clan isnt out on saturdays tryna build the future. that doesnt set well. he has a pool of talent and if he's not carefull it'll all go to basketball

I agree feeder programs are crucial to the success of a high school team. But you have to ask the question, What is a feeder program? Etowah and Englewood programs are just rec league programs. For the most part they are just coached by Dads that follow their son from the grasscutters up to the juniors. Real feeder programs come from middle schools where there is an actual football team represented from that particular school with hired supplemented coaches. We do not have that here in this county. Combining Etowah and Englewood together doesn't necessarily fix the problem because they will continued to be coached by dads. This is just my opinion, I'm not trying to ruffle anybody's feathers.

well my bad on the YOUR, i didnt mean that to offend i meant it as though im not part of the team. Well look at the central knights juniors they are weak and small and have a hard time competing in the confrence and i think that if the kids want to get better join central and get a high school atmosphere about the practice. i dont care if they join englewood but in all fairness i think central is the appropriate name. i love the idea of an all-star team i think that its what is needed but we need to start these kids at the cricket level and get them to grow up playing together. thats why central chargers were good the past three years is the group that was playing had played together since second grade. i just have a hard time seeing central get killed on friday nights and the goodin clan isnt out on saturdays tryna build the future. that doesnt set well. he has a pool of talent and if he's not carefull it'll all go to basketball

Sounds like we want the same thing, but we differ on the joining part - it is just too complicated. It is hard to be a football coach during the season. These coaches put in work all week sometimes getting home very late, then comes game night - home a who knows when. Most coaches spend Sat. with their families, getting caught up on honey do's, etc. I like seeing these coaches at some of the games - but I do not expect them at all. As for getting together read my other post - IT IS TOO MUCH. Get them together, the older ones, when you can and work them out and practice once a week would be good. As far as kids playing basketball, they are going to choose basketball anyway - not sure why this always the case, but just kids favor it more at this age. Look, I think your passion for the program is great! I just wish you would give everything a chance to develope.

I agree feeder programs are crucial to the success of a high school team. But you have to ask the question, What is a feeder program? Etowah and Englewood programs are just rec league programs. For the most part they are just coached by Dads that follow their son from the grasscutters up to the juniors. Real feeder programs come from middle schools where there is an actual football team represented from that particular school with hired supplemented coaches. We do not have that here in this county. Combining Etowah and Englewood together doesn't necessarily fix the problem because they will continued to be coached by dads. This is just my opinion, I'm not trying to ruffle anybody's feathers.

i realize we are all wanting the same results in the end, a better high school team, and the central knights and i think the englewood league are trying to be a good feeder programs and run what the high school runs but its getting them beat too. i agree that a middle school team is what we need but i dont know how that would work. all i know is that the foundation needs to be laid and who better to combine the leagues than a englewood native himself

Edited by theplaymaker

Sounds like we want the same thing, but we differ on the joining part - it is just too complicated. It is hard to be a football coach during the season. These coaches put in work all week sometimes getting home very late, then comes game night - home a who knows when. Most coaches spend Sat. with their families, getting caught up on honey do's, etc. I like seeing these coaches at some of the games - but I do not expect them at all. As for getting together read my other post - IT IS TOO MUCH. Get them together, the older ones, when you can and work them out and practice once a week would be good. As far as kids playing basketball, they are going to choose basketball anyway - not sure why this always the case, but just kids favor it more at this age. Look, I think your passion for the program is great! I just wish you would give everything a chance to develope.

i dont expect the coach to come to every little league game either i dont even care if he comes to the younger groups, just the juniors but do you know how many coaches i have seen there all year long. One. not saying that another coach might not been there but i saw one and it wasnt even coach goodin all three of them as a matter of fact lol and i think that during football season your job is to win ball games and the honey do's need to understand that when you took the job. that's how food is being put on the table and two i realize that its a little much to join im not tryna argue i just want to have an intelligent conversation about the feeder programs to me thats the only long term solution.

• Upvote 1

i realize we are all wanting the same results in the end, a better high school team, and the central knights and i think the englewood league are trying to be a good feeder programs and run what the high school runs but its getting them beat too. i agree that a middle school team is what we need but i dont know how that would work. all i know is that the foundation needs to be laided and who better to combine the leagues than a englewood native himself

I promise this that there is no sarcasm here. How would you combined both programs and benifit all involved?