McMinn Central

PUMMELKING

to kinda combine what myself, playmaker, and logcabinman are saying. What I think would work is for the high school to use one of their supplements to hire a coach to oversee the juniors of both englewood and etowah. They could practice together but play seperately. Each team would have their own head coach but someone from central to kinda be over it all as far as organizing practice and teaching schemes. I know it kinda sounds like chaos but maybe they could make it work.

I promise this that there is no sarcasm here. How would you combined both programs and benifit all involved?

well thats not my area of strength ,people relations, lol but i dont really know how to benifit all involved i dont know if you've ever had to run sonething or be over a league or anything of that nature but i learned in my experiences that you cant try to please everyone. you cant try to make all of englewood happy cause your from there or all of etowah happy cause the mamma's want thier kids to play. at the end of the day you just have to cut your losses and say thats the way its going to be. so to sum it up i dont think you can benifit ALL involved but as long as the high school will benifit then it was a success.

• Upvote 1

well thats not my area of strength ,people relations, lol but i dont really know how to benifit all involved i dont know if you've ever had to run sonething or be over a league or anything of that nature but i learned in my experiences that you cant try to please everyone. you cant try to make all of englewood happy cause your from there or all of etowah happy cause the mamma's want thier kids to play. at the end of the day you just have to cut your losses and say thats the way its going to be. so to sum it up i dont think you can benifit ALL involved but as long as the high school will benifit then it was a success.

Warhorse may be on to something. I would not mess with anything other than the juniors. I think it would be a great idea to look at Warhorse thoughts. I would have no problem with this.

Warhorse may be on to something. I would not mess with anything other than the juniors. I think it would be a great idea to look at Warhorse thoughts. I would have no problem with this.

i def agree here. i have no problem with this at all. and maybe find tournaments to enter or something for the whole team or the top players. i dont know if they have any tournaments around here for football ive never really seen any

i def agree here. i have no problem with this at all. and maybe find tournaments to enter or something for the whole team or the top players. i dont know if they have any tournaments around here for football ive never really seen any

Wonder what the rule would be on 8th grade students playing on a freshman team? Let me explain. I think it would help to have a freshman program, problem is that we do not have enough freshman to field a team. If 6 or so of the top 8th grade kids could play on freshman team from both programs it would probably field at least 20 something kids. These kids could still play on Saturday with their team.

Wonder what the rule would be on 8th grade students playing on a freshman team? Let me explain. I think it would help to have a freshman program, problem is that we do not have enough freshman to field a team. If 6 or so of the top 8th grade kids could play on freshman team from both programs it would probably field at least 20 something kids. These kids could still play on Saturday with their team.

First off 8th graders can not play on freshman teams, unless they attend the school. Make the HS start at 8th grade and that could be accomplished, mine was that way when I entered HS at 8th grade.

The parents need to push the schools admin and the county board to make it a 8-12 HS and if that is not satisfactory, then push and push to make middle schools have athletic teams other than basketball. Have football and other sports that represent the specific school not the towns of rec league. Those who do not make the 6 grade teams or 7-8 grade teams still have an option to join the rec leagues to get better for the next year of middle school or entry into HS.

If I remember the school does not even fill all its coaching positions they are granted. So they should have the money available to at the discretion that would most benefit the program. One coaching position/supplement was even used by the automotive teacher to cut the grass at the school per the principal. That really seems benefical to the football program???HUM Politics being put into place and not benefiting those who it is really ment to.

The basketball issue is again event that it is the sport taught at the middle school level. Make all sports equal across the board and not just those who have influentical outcomes on decisions. I remind all the fact that basketball gets to practice during school hours and no other sport is allowed to do that at the HS.

First off 8th graders can not play on freshman teams, unless they attend the school. Make the HS start at 8th grade and that could be accomplished, mine was that way when I entered HS at 8th grade.

The parents need to push the schools admin and the county board to make it a 8-12 HS and if that is not satisfactory, then push and push to make middle schools have athletic teams other than basketball. Have football and other sports that represent the specific school not the towns of rec league. Those who do not make the 6 grade teams or 7-8 grade teams still have an option to join the rec leagues to get better for the next year of middle school or entry into HS.

If I remember the school does not even fill all its coaching positions they are granted. So they should have the money available to at the discretion that would most benefit the program. One coaching position/supplement was even used by the automotive teacher to cut the grass at the school per the principal. That really seems benefical to the football program???HUM Politics being put into place and not benefiting those who it is really ment to.

The basketball issue is again event that it is the sport taught at the middle school level. Make all sports equal across the board and not just those who have influentical outcomes on decisions. I remind all the fact that basketball gets to practice during school hours and no other sport is allowed to do that at the HS.

well on the basketball practicing during school. coach derrick was close to getting football to count as a class and im not really sure what happened to that but i do remember talking to him about that

The answer is easy, it is called a Middle School. This would allow the kids to be together from 6th to 8th grade.

I heard an interesting idea. If both leagues dropped their junior programs and joined them you could have a 7th and 8th grade league. This would include Englewood and Etowah to make Central, Vonore and Madisonville to make Seq., Polk Co., Riceville, Rogers Creek, and Athens to make McMinn, Meigs, Sweetwater, Tellico, Copper Basin, Loudon, Greenback, and Midway.

The middle school idea is the best idea, but the school system will not support it because it would take away from the small town mentality that McMinn County loves to keep. It would also cost the school system some money and the county is losing tax dollars every year with business closings. Trust me, I know the system, it likes to stay debt free at all times no matter what! As for combining the little leagues, good luck! It makes perfect sense to start teaching the coaches and the kids the system, but what you run into that some of the DADS or coaches seem to know much more than the high school coaches, been there done that, so they are not going to TEACH techniques and the game. They teach what they know, and that is very limited to what they hear on TV, the BP in Englewood, and Hardees in Etowah. I was very close to the program in the years of success and could see what was going to happen, because everyone believes in cycles in that area. Alcoa and Maryville used to be the same way back in the 90s until everyone got on board. Now look at those two schools and what they have been able to do. As I was once told "this ain't Alcoa or Maryville" your darn right it is not because they don't have down years. They reload NOT rebuild! I wish the BIG BLUE all the success in the world, but until changes are made in the County Office and the community mindset changes, CENTRAL will have its ups and downs. By the way, it takes twice as long to rebuild after the down years because faith has been lost. You better get a personable person out on the streets and promise the good folks of Englewah or Etowood the stars. You have to make them believe, but you are going to have to work your BUTT OFF to get the results. You can't live on your name alone, and that is the best advice I can offer to you good folks!

The middle school idea is the best idea, but the school system will not support it because it would take away from the small town mentality that McMinn County loves to keep. It would also cost the school system some money and the county is losing tax dollars every year with business closings. Trust me, I know the system, it likes to stay debt free at all times no matter what! As for combining the little leagues, good luck! It makes perfect sense to start teaching the coaches and the kids the system, but what you run into that some of the DADS or coaches seem to know much more than the high school coaches, been there done that, so they are not going to TEACH techniques and the game. They teach what they know, and that is very limited to what they hear on TV, the BP in Englewood, and Hardees in Etowah. I was very close to the program in the years of success and could see what was going to happen, because everyone believes in cycles in that area. Alcoa and Maryville used to be the same way back in the 90s until everyone got on board. Now look at those two schools and what they have been able to do. As I was once told "this ain't Alcoa or Maryville" your darn right it is not because they don't have down years. They reload NOT rebuild! I wish the BIG BLUE all the success in the world, but until changes are made in the County Office and the community mindset changes, CENTRAL will have its ups and downs. By the way, it takes twice as long to rebuild after the down years because faith has been lost. You better get a personable person out on the streets and promise the good folks of Englewah or Etowood the stars. You have to make them believe, but you are going to have to work your BUTT OFF to get the results. You can't live on your name alone, and that is the best advice I can offer to you good folks!

Touche